The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Email Marketing vs Content Marketing Traffic Question

A1ex

affiliate
I have been using the search function, and hopping on to every thread I can find about this topic, but I wanted to get some direct input on a couple of ideas I had. (I hope this is the right place to post it, and if not, please give me the slap on the wrist I deserve!)

I have 2 business models/sales funnels that I would like to experiment with. I wanted to get some opinions from people here on the traffic sources they think might work.

My Objectives:

- To earn 1,000 USD to 2,000 USD profit per month (modest goals, but I have a modest budget).

- Happy to invest a lot of time in the beginning, writing content and setting it up, but after that, I want to maintain, tweak and test my sales funnel, focussing on one method of promotion, in one niche, with one traffic source.

- I want to sell info products (Clickbank and the like) in a mass appeal niche which I have identified, and researched well.

- I want to create a system with the ability to scale up when I have more time and money to invest.

- I want to invest around 10-20 (possibly 30) USD a day on traffic.

The 2 Models:

Model 1 - Email Marketing. Paying for traffic to a squeeze page, re-directing to info product via my affiliate link. Building list, relationship with that list, and promoting related products. I have paid some freelancers to put together a good lead magnet/content for this.

For this model, I wonder if this would work for PPC traffic on Bing? I am also wondering if Bing offers display traffic like Google? I know they used to, but I know a lot has changed since I last looked into this.

Model 2 - Bridge Content. Sending traffic to a blog post, on a blog which addresses a specific problem that many people in this niche can relate to. Subtly linking within the content to an info product with my affiliate link.

For this, I am thinking Outbrain, Taboola, Revcontent or Mgid (native Ads) or possibly even Facebook Ads/StumbleUpon Ads. However, I am not sure if I can link to affiliate offers from the page I am driving traffic to with these sources?

Another new source of traffic I discovered and might test is called Nster.

I hadn't heard of it before, but it looks promising for the bridge content model.

My questions to the members of AffiliateFix are; has anyone done this kind of thing before, and can you give me a guide on the kinds of traffic sources you think would be a fit for either of the models I have described?

I have setup my website, started writing content, and outsourced other more technical parts of the writing, so i just need to resolve my method of promotion, however, all my thinking on this has been in a vacuum so far, and I am keen to get other people's perspectives on this.

MI
Back