monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Email Marketing vs Content Marketing Traffic Question

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by A1ex, Oct 23, 2015.

1. A1ex

A1ex Affiliate affiliate

I have been using the search function, and hopping on to every thread I can find about this topic, but I wanted to get some direct input on a couple of ideas I had. (I hope this is the right place to post it, and if not, please give me the slap on the wrist I deserve!)

I have 2 business models/sales funnels that I would like to experiment with. I wanted to get some opinions from people here on the traffic sources they think might work.

My Objectives:

- To earn 1,000 USD to 2,000 USD profit per month (modest goals, but I have a modest budget).

- Happy to invest a lot of time in the beginning, writing content and setting it up, but after that, I want to maintain, tweak and test my sales funnel, focussing on one method of promotion, in one niche, with one traffic source.

- I want to sell info products (Clickbank and the like) in a mass appeal niche which I have identified, and researched well.

- I want to create a system with the ability to scale up when I have more time and money to invest.

- I want to invest around 10-20 (possibly 30) USD a day on traffic.

The 2 Models:

Model 1 - Email Marketing. Paying for traffic to a squeeze page, re-directing to info product via my affiliate link. Building list, relationship with that list, and promoting related products. I have paid some freelancers to put together a good lead magnet/content for this.

For this model, I wonder if this would work for PPC traffic on Bing? I am also wondering if Bing offers display traffic like Google? I know they used to, but I know a lot has changed since I last looked into this.

Model 2 - Bridge Content. Sending traffic to a blog post, on a blog which addresses a specific problem that many people in this niche can relate to. Subtly linking within the content to an info product with my affiliate link.

For this, I am thinking Outbrain, Taboola, Revcontent or Mgid (native Ads) or possibly even Facebook Ads/StumbleUpon Ads. However, I am not sure if I can link to affiliate offers from the page I am driving traffic to with these sources?

Another new source of traffic I discovered and might test is called Nster.

I hadn't heard of it before, but it looks promising for the bridge content model.

My questions to the members of AffiliateFix are; has anyone done this kind of thing before, and can you give me a guide on the kinds of traffic sources you think would be a fit for either of the models I have described?

I have setup my website, started writing content, and outsourced other more technical parts of the writing, so i just need to resolve my method of promotion, however, all my thinking on this has been in a vacuum so far, and I am keen to get other people's perspectives on this.

seeqer likes this.
  2. monetizer

Featured Resources (View All)

MI