The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Email Marketing: I Just Had To Ask

For affiliate marketing, over the long-term, I plan build to build carefully segmented lists legitimately -- like:

Give away a free Ebook for Heath niche, for instance.

Then nurture leads with excellent information, and occasionally send in affiliate offers.

Emails will have buttons that point to landing pages which in turn point to offers.

I don't mind sending in landing pages, emails, and other creatives for approval.
Now since most offers don't accept email traffic (because of spamming), is this the right way to do email marketing?

I use double opt-in by giving value upfront, Is this possible?

Ash

You might be better off to send your subscribers to a blog post that has the ad/links to the offer. Assuming, of course, that the offers allows contextual or display.

That way, the lead comes from the link or ad on your blog.

I've been mailing for 16+ years. If a network doesn't allow mailing, then don't waste your time with them, as there are plenty that do.

I've been mailing for 16+ years. If a network doesn't allow mailing, then don't waste your time with them, as there are plenty that do.

You are right. I am confident that this is the right way to do it and it's legit. For now, since email list building is so hard, I'll split my efforts between both the following:

1. Traffic -- Lander -- Offer
2. Traffic - Lander with signup, and then -- offer. Plus, sequence of nurturing emails that go out periodically (depending on the niche). Some of these emails will point to offers again.

Offer rotation is in place.
Geo fall back is in place.

All thanks to TrackingDesk, which lets me rotate offers, give geo-redirects, and obviously do what a tracker should do. Even email links can be rotated between offers.

Ashwin, the answer is simple my friend. Try it! Try everything, but sending to a good content rich blog with ads may just be better. I'm seeing a fair number of 'fake' taboola/revcontent footer ad chunks in affiliate blogs now that are doctored to point to your own offers & affiliate links - and that seems to be working out for some.

It's true there are plenty of networks that will allow you to email but they tend to be the ones with the fairly poor quality offers that make pennies and destroy your credibility. It may be great in the short term to make a few thousand dollars mailing one of these crappy things - like testosterone pills, ed or similar offers - but long term you'll just burn out your list and get yourself a bad reputation that you'll never fix, and that will follow you around.

Good luck, and try stuff out. Your formula is pretty much tried and tested, and it works - provided your content is really hitting a pain point that needs solving, and the results are measurable quickly for the buyer.

Ashwin, the answer is simple my friend. Try it! Try everything, but sending to a good content rich blog with ads may just be better. I'm seeing a fair number of 'fake' taboola/revcontent footer ad chunks in affiliate blogs now that are doctored to point to your own offers & affiliate links - and that seems to be working out for some.

It's true there are plenty of networks that will allow you to email but they tend to be the ones with the fairly poor quality offers that make pennies and destroy your credibility. It may be great in the short term to make a few thousand dollars mailing one of these crappy things - like testosterone pills, ed or similar offers - but long term you'll just burn out your list and get yourself a bad reputation that you'll never fix, and that will follow you around.

Good luck, and try stuff out. Your formula is pretty much tried and tested, and it works - provided your content is really hitting a pain point that needs solving, and the results are measurable quickly for the buyer.

Hey @Cherrub -- thank you so much for these words. I've been struggling between short-term and long-term, niches to go with, and the near undeniable power of email marketing. With affiliate marketing, it's just so much more tricky than it would be for digital marketing itself.

I don't intend to shoot emails out in the dark. I intend to grow a responsive list that grew because value was delivered upfront, and many times over. In the long-term, I intend to treat each subscriber as a paid customer and treat them that way. No testosterone pills, ed, or useless offers that don't provide value for subscribers. If it's not good, it's not going to be promoted.

I have no problems generating world class content (this is what I've been doing for the last 12 years). I just wanted to know if being legitimate is also an issue in the world of affiliate marketing.

There tends to be two classes of affiliate marketeers - the pond life that gives the whole industry a bad name, and the professionals. Aim to be in the professionals ;) Be authentic, be legitimate. It's the HARDER way to go - but the benefits are bigger long term. If you're content is good, relevant, and fills a need - and the affiliate products you offer have good synergy and a decent reputation - that's a win-win.

There tends to be two classes of affiliate marketeers - the pond life that gives the whole industry a bad name, and the professionals. Aim to be in the professionals ;) Be authentic, be legitimate. It's the HARDER way to go - but the benefits are bigger long term. If you're content is good, relevant, and fills a need - and the affiliate products you offer have good synergy and a decent reputation - that's a win-win.

Amen to that, @Cherrub -- this couldn't have been said any better than this :)

There are plenty of networks that allow mail and have great offers.

I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead) offers and wouldn't waste my time on the offers you are referring to, as those are problematic.

I run blogs on all domains that are used for mailing fresh/targeted data and open/clickers. While having quality content is important, nothing beats just sending offers direct. However, are model may be different than yours, as we focus mainly on lead generation.

Buddy Some cpa Offers ALLOWS that
But With mailing list always is good to promote pps Offers Like Click bank Product No buddy is Gonna tell do not promote via email
actually Most of Guys with mailing list they Promote pps Offes

Always make sure that the landing pages are well designed and developed. Very many people fail at this stage because they are not able to have and embrace good designs. The people we are dealing with are very much visual driven and thus you need to make sure that the tasks that they are involved are well designed. Email usage in terms of marketing is a very good field, it is just that people make silly mistakes that result to them having regrets. Make sure that you are doing a good job always.

MI
Back