The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ebooks Won't Give you the SECRET - Keep your wallet in your pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread and finally I decided to ACTIVELY participate in this forum. It's true that I am still drowned in Affiliate Marketing Study Material and when I decided to start my first project, I am confused from where should I start?

Each and every course gave me overall idea, something new, showed me the ways. I see every member agree on this statement. I came to know that you need lot of skills like keyword research, site/blog building, copywriting, SEO etc. If I go on reading on each and every skill it will definitely take over many years of time.

No course is complete and bad thing is you’re alone when you have problems (exception are membership sites). I have lots of problems and I think I should ask them in relevant sections.

Thanks.

I personaly won't buy ebooks cause once you spend the 7 to 20 dollars and open the book to find out it is just a rewriten copy of a different ebook, I always go for the free ones atleast that way you will never lose anything, but you will always gain something.

Absolutely agree with you Linda!

One needs hard work and determination to be successful in online business, there's hardly a short cut.

Some E-Books Are Good

While most of the e-books out there are based on outdated information and some just instruct you to make an eBook and sell it online others are a good source of information.

I agree the only way you are going to make it in affiliate marketing is to work very hard and work twice as hard and 3X as smart as someone in an office.

Sure you work can work in your PJs but you may find yourself working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. But the possibilities are unbelievable.

I produced an eBook myself and converted it into a audio book and paid a lot money to do so - I know for sure and have been told that the information in this eBook is very valuable. The key is I don't pretend to sell "a system" or a "turn-key" millionaire solution - and I think these books are some of the worst.

So I would seek out books written by trusted personalities that are called "Primer" or "handbook" and do not mention "system" or "turn-key".

-Luke :p

The info in most e-books for beginner affiliates is exactly the same stuff you can find online for free, through a simple Google search. The best resource for affiliates is not e-books, but forums like this one, where you can always ask for clarification and hear opinions that are different from that of an article's author.

From my experience trial and error is where you will make the most money. Spend your money on direct advertising. Try it out, if it works continue. If not advertise somewhere else

it really is that simple try advertise count the dollars and cents and try again hopefully with more success

BTW, what's your opinion on the current state of affairs with the AdSense advertising? Way less effective than it used to be not so long ago, IMHO. :confused:

avent done much lately with adsense. I mostly focus on ezines and direct response marketing like email blasts

Hey all.... thanks for those thoughtful inside.

Yeah... i've also fallen into the so called "trap" on purchasing ebooks. Some are full of hype and some are infact kind of valueable. But I have to say... sometimes, when we fork out $100 for an ebook, we will pay more emphasis and take more action.... while if it's FREE ... we may just slip thru it and take those advice likely.

Just my thought.

Between.. you did mentioned about direct marketing.. such as e-mail blast. Can you explain further on this? Since I'm kind of new, i got to build my own list first before i could use this technique right?

Also, when you mentioned ezine... are you refering to article directory or something else? Would hope you could clarify some of my doubt?

Many thanks.

Regards,
Kian

Hey guys, I moved all the posts about safe lists and email advertising to a new thread
as they were taking this thread off-topic.

That way others interested in "lists" and emails ads can find it,
rather than having a side conversation here which will get lost.

Here is the new thread so those of you who posted can carry on the conversation there.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...0-safe-lists-email-advertising.html#post37272

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there,
I agree that most eBooks are trash, believe me I've read some losers and wasted money. But I also understand two things...

1. In order to be the best, you must learn from the best!

2. The most successful people are only truly successful when they can teach someone else how to be successful.

So, taking these two points hand in hand, I've come across invaluable information from a great, current, ongoing training program that is REAL.

So, for everyone out there, there are top notch affiliate marketing training courses out there, and these guys are doing it because the ultimate success is to be able to TEACH someone else how to be successful with you.

I hope this helps...

Cheers to your success!

You will never ever be unsuccessful in the long run by pursuing knowledge. Knowledge is power so keep pursuing from e-books or whatever

Agreed Erik...the hard part is finding the right ones. It's easily fixed by doing a little due diligence searching the author with Google.

you really can learn allot from the forums right here. The best information is usually free I have learned allot from the different forums I am a member of

Yeah, absolutely. Just remember, information is valuable. If you've spent 10 years figuring out on your own how to make money online, you will probably not give it away for free. If that was the case, Barnes and Noble would not exist.

Cheers!

some people do give there secrets away it is just usually in a way they can profit from it directly or in directly

That's my point exactly. But, the secrets are there, and they are true secrets...things we never would have come up with on our own. And they monetize those secrets, the same way Martha Stewart monetizes her knowledge of the Home Ec business. They give some of their knowledge away for free, but only as a teaser. Then you need to decide if you want to pay for the really good stuff. Look at John Reese and his Traffic Secrets. Do you think only inexperienced newbies pay for that? No way. All of the guys on top of Internet Marketing pay big bucks to get that information...why? Because it's good, it works, and John has been studying the internet with an eagle's eye, and doing it for years. He then puts together and awesome package and sells it. That's just one example.

My advice though...don't buy junk. Learn from the best!

I have learned over the years that being cheap will cost you more money in the long run. Doing things the best or right is always the best way to go

In most cases it seems to me that if you have read one ebook about affiliate marketing you have read them all. And I agree that some of them are just plain junk. But there are some out there that's good and that's why I continue to buy and read them. I feel like if I at least get something out of a book that I haven't learned before then it has been valuable.

It is hard however to learn all you need from just an ebook. Especially if you are just starting out in affiliate marketing. I would think it better to get the join a reputable service that helps to coach or walk you in the right direction. There's just so much to learn in the beginning... without some sort of help it would be very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back