• Thread starter eBay Partner Network
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eBay Partner Network

eBay Partner Network submitted a new resource:

eBay Partner Network - eBays' Affiliate Network

Founded in 1995, eBay connects a diverse and passionate community of individual buyers and sellers, as well as small businesses.

eBay is the world’s largest online marketplace with over 120 million active users worldwide. Their collective impact on e-commerce is staggering: In 2012, individual buyers & sellers and businesses sold over $75 billion worth of goods on eBay.

You can earn a lot of money in the eBay Partner Network, by driving high quality traffic to eBay or one of the partners.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really eager to join the above affiliate program. After I was able to undergo the complete registration process but unfortunately was banned. I really do not know the reason as to why they are banning a lot of people. I do suspect there must be a reason as to why all this is happening. I do think that there are things we violating some rules. Waiting for someone to share the way through it. Please share so that we learn from the past mistakes.

I signed up and got rejected. I'd like to hear from someone who has been successful with this and what would have contributed to their success.

The secret to get accepted is to have a website or a big social media account that can help you promote things. Make a niche related blog and start posting few things, grow your fanbase on facebook or twitter (or both) and they will accept you the same day... :)

The secret to get accepted is to have a website or a big social media account that can help you promote things. Make a niche related blog and start posting few things, grow your fanbase on facebook or twitter (or both) and they will accept you the same day... :)
Thanks. I was really crushed when I decided to take some sort of action and then be rejected..I am working to get that social media following. Just curious. What would you say is decent following to be noticed or accepted? As it relates to the website, I have that in motion. Another thing. Might my being from the Caribbean be an issue? I find that a lot of opportunities that are opened to person in the US, Europe, Canada etc, don't extend to my area.

Thanks. I was really crushed when I decided to take some sort of action and then be rejected..I am working to get that social media following. Just curious. What would you say is decent following to be noticed or accepted? As it relates to the website, I have that in motion. Another thing. Might my being from the Caribbean be an issue? I find that a lot of opportunities that are opened to person in the US, Europe, Canada etc, don't extend to my area.
It does not depend on the place you come from, but you should have a page with some content.(as Theo Palios said).

I was really eager to join the above affiliate program. After I was able to undergo the complete registration process but unfortunately was banned. I really do not know the reason as to why they are banning a lot of people. I do suspect there must be a reason as to why all this is happening. I do think that there are things we violating some rules. Waiting for someone to share the way through it. Please share so that we learn from the past mistakes.

I would reach out to customer support. They will let you know why the ban was issued and if there is anything that can be done to reinstate your account.

The key is to read the terms and conditions including permitted categories, types of advertising allowed, and prohibited activities.

They are pretty strict, took me ages, you need established fanbase, established blog, content, followers, large number of FB followes, own domain and site that has traffic and working , not just an autoblog and write a REALLY good explanation of why you would like to partner with them.......

Follow all the above, be patient, then reapply..

Edit

An there are some items that are not allowed promote being an affiliate, even if they are being sold on eBay and there are VERY strict rules that must be followed once accepted, which if one breaks, they will either warn you or ban you..

Being in the Caribbean should not be a problem as an affiliate. The reality is that to be successful, you need to spend some time researching to find a niche in the huge market out there which is not being well served. Once you have spent time finding that niche (using tools like 'Google Market Finder') and the niche interests you, start developing service or product which fills the need. That niche could be anything and it could be anywhere.

That's the beauty of affiliate marketing. You might find a niche in a country outside of the Caribbean around which you can build a business. And, because you don't have to hold any stock and ship it around the world, it does not matter that you don't live in the country where you have found the niche.

For example, I found a niche making simple videos on how to fix smartphones (not the obvious ones like iPhones). Below the videos I showed viewers where they could buy the parts and tools I used in the videos. I earn commissions on those clicks and purchases. I hope that helps!

They are pretty strict, took me ages, you need established fanbase, established blog, content, followers, large number of FB followes, own domain and site that has traffic and working , not just an autoblog and write a REALLY good explanation of why you would like to partner with them.......

Yes pretty much all of the above. EPN holds a high standard for their affiliates to adhere to, which is a real plus with this network as your competition with other marketers is a lot less. I was initially rejected then invited to reapply 2 months later and was successful.

+1, I think they only accept real sites, not just listings of auctions, you can find those on eBay itself :)

Yes, this is correct.
It also pays to make sure you read the T&C's carefully.
Without going into detail on what, I was very close to being kicked out at one point for going against them but I quickly rectified what I had gone against and got back into good standing.

eBay has the best selection of products available anywhere, and really makes EPN invaluable. I have sites in a lot of different niches, and often comb my transaction logs to find new products to target just by seeing what my sites are actually selling - a lot of times you'll find great off-niche items to target! Like anything, making EPN takes time, patience, a lot of work, and testing to find the right balance. It's the best program I've worked with and offers awesome tools. Just like everyone else said, make sure you read the T&C so you know what you can and can't do.

I signed up and got rejected. I'd like to hear from someone who has been successful with this and what would have contributed to their success.
You may need to review your data that you signed up with most of the time you need to be precise and see what outlines they gave you as to why you were rejected,
perhaps if you addressed the issues that may indeed solve the problem.

However one needs more information to accurately aid you in your sign up process.
Feel free to share more information with the community and I am sure you will find the success you require.

I have a website with my own domain which had been up for a couple of years & some social media following (not huge). I think it helps if your site is credible & you are doing it because you want to, not only because of affiliate marketing. Wishing you best of luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back