The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

eBay fined over fake goods

temi

affiliate
A French court has ordered eBay to pay £31.6m to luxury goods group LVMH for allowing online auctions of fake copies of its goods.
LVMH said eBay's French site had not done enough to stop the sale of counterfeit bags and perfumes.
The brands affected include Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior and Givenchy.

Yep, I've heard about this news too. I've just read it today in a Romanian newspaper. Well, it seems that from time to time, even "big dogs" have problems, huh ? :p

This could hurt ebays' reputation...

Ebay obviously thought the money they were making from the sales generated by these counterfeiters outweighed any damage done to their reputation otherwise they would have clamped down on them a long time ago! :)

ebay

Ebay obviously thought the money they were making from the sales generated by these counterfeiters outweighed any damage done to their reputation otherwise they would have clamped down on them a long time ago! :)

yep man good point,

Well, its sorta like the youtube suit a few months ago
I think its cause of the falling economy, they are making less and need to make up for it some hoe (suing ebay)

Cause really its been going on for a LONG time bit they haven't done anything till now

I reported a site for selling fake dvd's on ebay ages ago, still they are getting away with things.

That's crazy - I would have thought they would have clamped down instantly due to it being illegal - I realise they must get a lot of issues like this to be investigated, but still!?

Why sue ebay? This is just weak case. Why not go after the people in CHINA making the goods and products being sold. Nope lets just sue ebay and let it continue. Weak if you ask me.

I agree with Chimley, eBay arent responsible for the content on their website. The users that are selling the products should be banned, and the people in China making them.

banners
Back