The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Earning a living from CPA marketing

I've heard back from all three of my affiliate managers. Here is what they told me.

AdWorkMedia- My affiliate manager told me that the "Top US" and "Top Intn'l" campaigns on their network are converting well on 7Search. I was hoping for a little more specificity. The AM has checked on me a time or two, making sure I didn't have questions, so I would say they are still good.
PeerFly- Here, my affiliate manager told these offers on their network were converting well:
  • Super Free Bingo
    Flirchi
    MAT Mission Against Terror Game
    SMITE (US, CA)
    These have done well also:
    Buy Costume - Halloween Sale
    Magzter GOLD (US, UK, IN, SG, ZA)
    Free Lotto Offer 1 (US, AU, NZ)
    VetApproved RX
    MoviePass
    Fubar
MaxBounty- my AM told me that this is what is converting well with 7Search traffic from MB:
  • Grocery Coupon Network
    Vindale Research One field
    Harris Poll Online
    VIP Voice US
In looking at these, a few things stand out. First almost all of these are offers that have been running for a while. I know the Harris Poll and Grocery Coupon Network on MB and the Movie Pass, VetApproved RX and Smite from PF have been around since I first got signed up with a network (about 3 months ago).

In reading some of the blogs of others who seemed to have been successful, they said look for long time evergreen offers that allow for growth and steady income. You might not absolutely kill it from a cash standpoint, but you'll make a more consistent income that lessens the psychological trauma that can come from wild fluctuations in your business, and your cashflow.

I will let you know what I've chosen in a few days. I figure it will take me a couple of days to build the landers, get tracking set up (going to use Prosper202 since it's free) and turn on the traffic spigot.

On the YT front, other than constantly looking for tweaks and ideas for the landing page, I'm really not doing that much with it, as far as a time commitment. However, it does seem like the latest tweaks made a difference. Here are the stats since last night when I posted them here.

Total channel views: 14158 (11 more views) Total Number of visits to the landing page: still working on that Total number of people who passed through the landing page to the offer: 9 (3 more than yesterday- with 3 converting the email double opt-in- 1 additional since yesterday) Total number of sales- completed offer conversions: 2 (1 additional sale)

So I guess the good news is that I have had an additional conversion netting $52 today (in addition to the $52 from yesterday). It makes me wonder how many potential sales I lost during the couple of weeks I didn't have my landing pages set right for the YT channel. Lessons learned and part of the game I guess. I'll just enjoy seeing some results while it's working.

As always,
Here's to your success!

So I finally got Prosper202 setup to run on my subdomain for lindseymarketinggroup.com. I set it up under the sub-domain of tracking. I am in the process of setting it up for tracking the new campaign I'm getting ready to start with 7Search traffic. However, I thought since I was using the free traffic from YouTube with a little success, I would track it with P202 as well.

However, I have searched Google and YouTube with little success in finding out how (or if) you can track traffic coming from YouTube to a landing page before they hit your offer page. When I go through the setup process, I see Facebook listed as a traffic source, but not YT. Does anyone else have insights on this. I don't have to have it for the offer I'm running, but from what I understand, it would help me understand what's going on with traffic to the offer page from my YT channel.

If you haven't already seen them, @K put together two short, sweet guides for installing and then setting up Prosper202.

Since I read Charles Ngo's post about statistical significance, I've decided to follow the man who has tread the path before me. In the post, he says:

How many offers, landing pages and ads should you test when starting out? It depends on your budget.
$200 budget? Maybe 3 offers, 1 landing page, 7 ads.
$2,000 budget? Maybe 5 offers, 3 landing pages, 50 ads

Since I am on the lower side of that, I'll stick with a single landing page (testing variables on the page after I've isolated the other variables to test), with 3 offers-all same vertical (going to use one from MB, one from Peerfly and one from AdworkMedia), and 7 ads. As Tony Robbins once said, "sow similar seeds, reap similar rewards."

The only thing I'm not completely sure of is how to set up three different offers landing on the same page, unless I run them as staggered tests. Or maybe if each offer ran to a page with a slightly different name, like verticaloffer1.com, verticaloffer2.com, verticaloffer3.com.

I've been working on an angle, but I guess I won't know if it's worthwhile till I test it. Part of my problem is I think, "well someone has probably already figured that angle out, etc." I can't remember where I read it, but the saying went something like, "there are no new ideas, only fresh perspectives on old ideas."

I'll provide some more information tomorrow as I get a little further along.

As always,
Here's to your success!

OK, still having some trouble figuring out P202. Setting it up on my sub-domain was pretty easy to do. Now going through the setup phase, I'm having a little trouble understanding "sid" and pixel tracking. I did a scan of YT and found quite a few videos that deal with this, so after I've had time to go through and make sense of it, I'll post the video here that I found the most useful for making sense of it.

I noticed in the tutorial videos on the Prosper site, that they show how with the new P202 DNI (which stands for Direct Network Integration) you can enter your network and then click search offers, from within the Prosper interface and click the offer and then your sub id and token are created, set up and ready to go. Unfortunately, I'm either not doing it right, or MB, Peerfly and AdworkMedia are not set up for the DNI yet. Something to look for.

Unfortunately, I also don't think I'll be able to run slightly different offers to the same landing page. There just doesn't seem to be enough offers that are similar enough to make a single landing page work across the three networks (at least not ones that have been recognized by my AM as converting well). So, I think I'll stick with running perhaps two offers with the same single landing page and 7 different ads/angles.

Seems difficult sometimes learning from scratch all of the technical aspects of the CPA game. This seems to make up the majority of what this is when your doing it as a livelihood, so the quicker I can get it down, the better off I'll be.

I haven't had any other conversions from my YT channel over the last couple of days, but it's still getting a trickle of traffic to the offer page. When I have more to tell, I'll provide the stats for the channel.

As always,
Here's to your success

BevoMedia has full integration set-up for both MB and PF. Just for the information. Nice case study, I'm truly learning from it. ;) Wanted to use Prosper but I'm on a shared host.

I have to get a campaign up and going, and don't want to wait till my skill level catches up to where I'm able to
BevoMedia has full integration set-up for both MB and PF. Just for the information. Nice case study, I'm truly learning from it. ;) Wanted to use Prosper but I'm on a shared host.

Hey @Kris,

I appreciate you following along on the journey. My intention from the beginning has been to try to provide value to the marketplace. I am not familiar with BevoMedia, but it looks interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Since one cannot measure progress when you're standing still, I am going to proceed a little different than detailed in previous posts. I know that simply taking action for actions sake is wrong, and will more often than not lead to unnecessary losses (remember, never confuse activity with results). However, much like a missle with the greatest guidance system in the world, if you're still sitting on the launch pad, that guidance system is worthless.

So, I've decided that I will run two similar offers (one from AWM and the other from MB), on different landing pages, testing several different ads. When I figure out how to set things up as described before (I know it can be done, from reading the blogs of other CPA marketers), I'll implement it further along.

This has got to be one of the most frustrating aspects to learn so far. There are three areas that need to be set up to track properly (as I understand it). They are:
  1. Traffic Source- in this case 7Search
  2. Tracking Software- in this case P202
  3. Offer Url from the network- AWM and MB
The order and sequence of this has got me a little confused.

I didn't understand until I started going through this exactly how it worked (and I'm sure I still don't fully understand). The reason Charles Ngo states that he would run his tracking on a different server than his landing/offer pages was that you're sending the traffic through the "tracking hoops" before they get to completion. If your running the offer and the tracking on the same server (as I am going to do in the beginning), then that traffic is being slowed a little because the series of jumps is all taking place through the same place.

As I understand it, if you're running massive traffic through your landing page Url and it is also having to go through the tracking Url's on that same server it's going to effect your speed. The whole reason you set things up on a VPS or dedicated server in the first place is for speed.

Going to have to stop for a while and come back to it with fresh eyes. Feeling pressed to get this thing up and going and a little frustrated.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Well, since I have been having some technical issues getting the tracking right, I decided to work on the lander for the two offers (this way, at least there was still some progress). The offers are in the same vertical, and are pretty similar, but I did have to make the landing page a little more generic since there were some slight differences.

I will reveal the landing page (and the offers if you want them) once I get it set up and going. It seems whatever you put out there can quickly be seen by anyone anyway and this is really about learning (for both you and me) how to become proficient in CPA.

I did finally figure out how to get a single text box (email only) without double opt-in from GetResponse. In the picture below, on the "Permission" tab, you just need to make sure to uncheck these three boxes and you'll be set for single opt-in.

GetResponseOptin1.jpg

Many say double opt-in (with names) gives you a better qualified list, but since I am trying first and foremost to drive traffic to an offer, I am just going to try and make it as easy as possible for them to wind up at the offer page. I must say, when I check it to see if it works, the speed seems really good. I have seen some testers to check landing page speeds, and I think I will do that just to make sure it's good.

I am running everything through WP, instead of using Bootstrap or something else (@LukePeerFly recommends BS for ease of use and for speed, and says it's what he uses). I've seen a few of the pro's mention that they won't use WP for landing pages with extremely high traffic, because it gets too slow. For now, it's where I'm at, so I'll stick with it unless/until I need to make a change. I'll have updates for you along the way.

I also made a few tweaks to the lander for the YT offer just to see if it produces any results I can measure. Unfortunately, I haven't had any conversions to speak of, even though I have had a nice increase in the total views on the channel. I have been working on how to track traffic figures to the landing page from YT, and think I might have found a way (Again, I'll keep you updated).

Here are the traffic figures as of right now:
Total Channel Video Views: 15,536
Total People Completing Opt-in: 9 total with 3 double OI
Total Number of Offer Conversions: 7 total since I started, but 2 since I re-established the landing page and server

I have noticed that traffic seems better over the weekend, so we'll see what it looks like on Sunday night. Saturday I'll be working on the tracking again. BTW, @tjtutor, did the WP tracking plugin you were looking at from Track Zilla work very well? Since I'm running WP with Thrive themes to do my landing pages, is this something that would/could take the place of P202? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

As always,
Here's to your success!

After spending several days building a landing page, and working to get things set up in 7Search, Prosper202 and with the offer through MB, I decided to go in a different direction. I was watching a video on how to set up your 7Search campaign in the back end of the ad platform and the person doing the video stated that she looked at the demographics of the ad company she was going to use to see if the offers she was going to send had a better chance of conversion. For example, if you put 7Search.com into Alexa, you see that it is disproportionally male in its demographics. This of course does not mean that you shouldn't promote an offer aimed at females, but I think in the beginning, your trying to get as many things on your side as you can, and so I decided to move into another vertical and offer.

I went with an offer aimed at the male demographic that came from Peerfly (#21540). It took me hours to get it all set up in 7Search (I know, I told you I was not the most technically oriented guy!). I did finally get a set of keywords that had decent clicks and bids low enough that I thought it would allow me to collect some data. I also decided to direct link this offer, as I wasn't quite sure of an angle for the lander. Really, this is an information gathering exercise. I just want to see it work and then I can go in and make the necessary changes to get things right.

Very anxiously, I waited and saw my first paid clicks! Of course, they were clicks and not conversions, but still, it was an exciting feeling to finally be moving into the area of paid traffic. I just couldn't go to bed until I had it all set up (or so I thought).

I went back and forth between a couple of videos on @LukePeerFly website on how to set up a campaign in 7Search and another one on how to set up P202. I entered everything and waited a few minutes to see if I got signals pinging back from clicks. I noticed one and so about 4 AM I decided to go to bed and see what happened in the morning.

I awoke to see that I did have a trickle of traffic to the offer (about 29 clicks) with no conversions. I hopped on over to P202 dashboard to see what things looked like and saw just the one click from the previous night. Unfortunately, I think when I was testing the link, I clicked it once and it counted that click in P202 as a click in the system (that I thought was someone else).
P202 Track1.jpg

And as you can see here, all three of the clicks that show up in P202 this morning are from me, checking the link and trying to get the Postback URL correct. I don't guess I've got it right yet, LOL. :confused: I think I need to go look at some additional videos on how all that works to get it right.

Anyway, so this morning I've got one ad, with about 30 clicks and no conversions. I went to set up a second ad and I guess you have to do that by creating an additional campaign. So I set up an additional campaign with the same keywords and the same daily spend ($5), to see which ad seems to work better.

As of this moment (10:32 AM CST) here is where things stand from both my 7Search dashboard and my Peerfly dashboard:

7Search Campaign1.jpg

Peerfly Campaign1.jpg

Things I've Learned in the Last Few Days

1. To give yourself the best opportunity for success (especially as a newbie), you should probably try to align as many factors as you can (traffic source, offer, landers, etc.) and make sure they are congruent and aimed at (as best you can) the same demographic. In my example, 7Search has a very heavy male demographic so I decided to go with an offer that was aimed at a male demo.
  2. In looking at the demographics of different traffic sources, I did see that Bing was pretty heavily female. I think offers for surveys and coupons would do well on Bing because of the demographic makeup of the people on the network.
  3. If you want to see the demographics for different offer pages and who visits them, do the same thing you did with the traffic source. Type in the URL you get from the offer into Alexa and you can get the demographic breakdown of people who are currently visiting that offer. I was actually switching back and forth between similarweb and Alexa to gather as much information as I could on each offer.
  4. In the beginning, this is all a very time consuming affair. However, with practice and experience, I think it will get to be second nature and much less time consuming.
I'll update you at the end of the day with stats to see if I got the first conversion, and how things look. Thanks for reading!

As always,
Here's to your success!

I also wanted to update my YT stats really quickly for you. Here is the:

Total channel views since inception- 16,678
Total click throughs to landing page- Still not quite sure how to track this since I got rid of Pagewiz (I did buy the Track Zilla plugin to use with this page, but I'm having a little trouble getting it set up)
Number of emails captured from landing page- 26
(New Stat) Total channel subscribers- 90 (still working on how to use this)
Total number of end conversions (sales generated for advertiser)- 8
Total Commissions earned from offer with free traffic (since August 21st)- $416

As always,
Here's to your success!

You are doing well brother.. Keep all the notes, experiences, success, and all here.
Remember that knowledge is power. Collect all the data and TWEAK.

You will eventually find the right formula and bank hard. Good luck :)

@EymardSiojo,

Thanks for the encouragement and for taking the time to read and comment.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Well, I'm nearly at the ceiling for my ad spend for the first day (running 3 ads for the same offer with a max of $5 each). I've spent $12.70, with a total of 244 uniques and a total of 277 raw clicks. No conversions at this point.

What's funny, is that I bet there are so many (who like me :)) secretly think.... I'm going to be the one who's different. My first campaign is going to be good right off the bat! At least that's what you hope right?

Well, I learned a long time ago that hope is not a strategy. I can recall an evening trading gold contracts in the forex markets. I had had a run of bad luck and only had a few hundred dollars to play with. You'd think you should be very careful since your trading near your floor, where you wipe out your acct. Gold had bigger moves than the currency pairs I was trading and so I thought I'll look for an opportunity to get in and ride a small wave and overnight build my acct back up. I bought in at the right time, and within a few minutes, I had doubled my acct. Guess what? I was HOPING that it would go even higher and that it would all work out. But as I said, hope is not a strategy. Before the end of the night, my acct was just above zero.

I recount this just as an example that if you don't have a SPECIFIC strategy, then you're just hoping. This does not end well most of the time. For me, the problem is that right now, I don't know exactly how to view 277 clicks with no conversion. I understand the idea that you cut your bad traffic sources to optimize a campaign, but if you don't have any good traffic/conversion. Does this mean that the ads are just not right, that the offer is no good...? I have read that you should seriously look at the offer if you don't have conversions with a spend of five times the payout.

The payout on this offer is $1.60. That would mean that I should have cut it at $8.00. If anyone could provide some guidance, I'd sure appreciate it. I'll provide some images of the stats when I get off work tonight.

As always,
Here's to your success!

I GOT MY FIRST CONVERSION! OK, OK, I know it's $1.60, but it's the first one from paid traffic. The ROI is terrible, but it's a place to start. I don't have P202 set up properly, but I did get the links set right between 7Search and Peerfly, so the tracking there is something to work with.

Here are the stats from my 7Search account (with an ad spend of $15.61):

7Search Campaign2.jpg

And here are the stats from my Peerfly account:

Peerfly Campaign2.jpg

So, I'll work on the ads tomorrow after another day to see how it all stands. I did notice that the top campaign you see on the list the highest number of clicks (I know, it's a small number). It was the last ad I created and I think it was the best.

In case you have never used 7Search before, I discovered something that I would like to share with you. I got the idea for the last ad that seems to be generating the most clicks from this. Here is what it looks like:

7Search Campaign3.jpg

So when you are inside your campaign, looking at your keywords (and the bids you set for them), if you click on the magnifying glass, you'll see ads (I'm assuming these are top ads, but that's just a guess) that are using that keyword. If you take your primary keyword, and click on the magnifying glass for that keyword, you can get some ideas for what others are doing. This was very helpful for me, as it gave me an idea for an angle that I hadn't thought of.

7Search Campaign4.jpg

Here above is what you will see when you click on the magnifying glass. If you're paying attention, when you're using your primary keyword, you'll see others promoting the same offer.

BTW, I decided to buy a cheap domain to redirect for the third ad I created (the one that had the most clicks) to put into the ad as the display URL. I just thought this would be a small help. I think I spent 1.88 for the domain. If there is any kind of return, this would easily be paid for. Just what I was thinking at the time.

Hope this helps.
As always,
Here's to your success!

Okay, I come in here, I read/like, whatever but I just HAVE TO commend you on your effort, diligence and commitment. Bravo! And congrats on your conversion!

Personally, I am especially enjoying reading about you overcoming the technical challenges, as those are my grey areas, too.

Listen, with this much dogged focus, you will succeed. You're teaching yourself how as you go. With some help from AFix, of course! (go Ninjas!:fix:):)

Thanks @azgold,

I appreciate you taking the time to read my follow along, and I hope I can continue to contribute to the AFix community.

As always,
Here's to your success!

I paused all three campaigns (three ads for one offer). Frequently you learn what to do, by doing things wrong first. I have spent a total of $30.46 over the course of two days. There are so many issues, I'm not sure where to start. So, here we go...

1. The avg conversion rate on the network, for the offer I'm running is 6.45% with an avg EPC of $0.10. I've only run the campaign for a couple of days, but I thought I would pull back, regroup, and assess whether this is the right offer for traffic source and creatives I'm using. My CR is .17% and my EPC is so low it doesn't register as even $0.01 :eek: This tells me that after having sent 650 clicks to the three ads (divided pretty evenly), that what I'm doing is not sound in some way. If we treat this as a science experiment and isolate the variables, we see the variables are: The offer, the keywords, the ads/angle, the traffic source, and normally you'd have landing page, but here we're direct linking. Trying to isolate each one and run the campaign as I started it could get ridiculously expensive. So, we'll have to make some assumptions based on the best information we have.
  2. I don't have P202 set up properly, so detailed tracking is not possible. This one is a killer I think (see below for why). I do have some data to work with from Peerfly, so what do we see in what we have? Well, first we see that the only conversion came from an offer specific keyword, rather than some of the lower level or peripheral keywords. Perhaps there is an answer. Move to a traffic source that has more searches for the keyword than 7Search (the number per month on 7S was pretty low, making unscalable) and test an ad with just the keyword and see what happens.
    Peerfly Campaign3.jpg
  3. Next, I did see some things I thought were funny (strange, not haha) in the reports I was getting back from Peerfly
    Peerfly Campaign4.jpg
    Here we see that in just these three variants of one of the lower level or peripheral keywords, we had 71 clicks with no conversions. I'm not sure if the 52 clicks from the one source is a sign of a bot, or that there were many people who came from the single keyword variant and from the same placement of the ad. Something to figure out.
  4. In my Peerfly panel, I see a single conversion, but when I look at my 7S panel, I see that it doesn't have a conversion recorded. I'm not sure what this means, other than that something is not set up. Either I don't have it set to ping back a conversion (only a click through the ad), or there is something else amiss.
I know that in order to understand the data, and in order to be able to turn off IP's that are bots or are totally ineffective, I need to have P202 set up, so I'll go back to the drawing board tomorrow and see if I can figure out how to finish connecting everything.

I do think as an experiment, I'll try to go to a top tier ad platform (Bing, Adwords, etc.) and test just the converting keyword on ad platform with significantly more traffic. I'll let you know how that goes.

Sometimes we all need a psychological boost, so I thought I'd leave you with a YT video of one of my all time favorite speakers. Brian Tracy in this video is at a life insurance convention and discusses a journey he took and the life lessons he learned along the way (really compelling and motivating true story). It's in three parts for a total of about 30 minutes. Invest the 30 minutes, you'll get much more than 30 minutes worth of value out of it. If you don't think it's worth it after finishing, then I give you permission to feed me to the fishes. :) Here is the link:

As always,
Here's to your success!

I thought I would give a quick update before heading off to the grind.

I went back into my 7Search acct and paused all peripheral keywords, created a list of 4 offer specific keywords plus the one that had a single conversion and restarted all three campaigns. The search volume for these 5 words is quite a bit smaller than the bigger peripheral ones, AND some of the offer specific ones had NO clicks on 7Search. I guess you can look at this two ways.
  1. Although these keywords are much more targeted in nature, since there are no clicks on this keyword, and the search volume is low I won't waste my energy trying to buy traffic on them.
  2. Since the keywords don't have any clicks on 7S, and they do still have some searches, there is almost no risk in trying to promote them and see if they work (after all, we're not paying for impressions, just clicks).
Obviously they cannot perform much worse than the ones I was using before. I have the same 5 keywords for each campaign and to be honest, I don't expect to use my total allotted budget for each ad per day. The number of searches per month are quite a bit lower and in the last several months, they have had no clicks. I figured, it took five minutes to go back and set it up this way (no additional allotment of time), and my spend will be small just to see if the CR is any better with them.

In addition, I went back to an article I read on Charles Ngo's blog about bidding. He states in the post that sometimes it's better to go after the top spot, than to bargain shop your keywords. I understand there is a balance in there, but again, I'm just experimenting to see what works. In the end, the small amount of dollars I might spend is pretty small for the good information I can gather. You can click here to see the article and see what you get out of it.

In addition, I raised all bids to be in the number one spot ($0.04-$0.06 per kw got me the number one spot for all five).

So, what does all this mean:
I will focus on five specific keywords that are much more targeted for the offer.
I will probably have much less traffic/clicks on the ads, but again it will be more targeted.
If I get a better CR, I have already looked at the stats for Bing network and there is significantly more traffic, for just over the bids I am offering now, to be able to try to scale it. I also stumbled upon a keyword that has HUGE search volume on Bing that can be bid for about $0.05 per click (However, it is a second tier keyword- that is to say, it is not as offer specific as the ones I'm using now).

I'll provide some stats and updates after I get off work at midnight!

As always,
Here's to your success!

The good and the bad of conducting a campaign in the manner I have restructured this one is:
Good- minimize risk, probably slightly higher chance of conversions based on very targeted kw only.
Bad- data collection takes much longer, minimal number of clicks per day means you probably have to let the campaign run for a longer time to make sure of statistical significance.

At the end of the day, I spent much less than my allotted budget, had a fraction of the clicks and no conversions. Total spent today was ~$5. If I had run it the whole day, I'm thinking it would probably have been about $7-8, or about half of what I was spending before. However, I only had 99 clicks for about 2/3rds of the day.

I will let this run for several days and see if we get any conversions.

One thing to note; the last ad I put together (which I felt might be the best one), has 8 clicks while the others have just under 40 (this is from the 7S stats, which are different from the PF stats). I'll watch this closely and if it looks about the same tomorrow, I will create a new ad and pull that one down.

I'll provide updates tomorrow evening.

As always,
Here's to your success!

Well, I have once again paused the campaign for Madden 16. I have about four days of data, a total of approx. 800 clicks with a single conversion for $1.60. I spent $41.83 over the four days, testing three different ads. In the interest of transparency, and in an effort to help others, and perhaps be helped by others, I'll share both the ads and the keywords I used. Here are the ads and the number of clicks they got.

Keywords I initially targeted- xbox, nfl, nfl team gear, football pick, playstation, the play station, madden 16, ps4, nfl fantasy, xbox 360 game. Of these, I received significant clicks on nfl, xbox and nfl team gear.
I later added nfl madden 16, madden nfl 16, madden nfl 16 review and madden nfl.

Ad 1- GRAB YOUR COPY OF THE NEW MADDEN 16! - 297 clicks
Use your complimentary Visa gift card to get a copy of the new Madden 16.

Ad 2- GRAB YOUR COPY OF THE ALL NEW MADDEN 16! - 292 clicks
Get the all new Madden 16 with your complimentary Visa Gift Card. Enter email for details.

Ad 3- SEE HOW YOUR TEAM RANKS IN THE NEW MADDEN 16! - 213 clicks
Grab your copy with a complimentary Visa gift card and see how your favorite team ranks in Madden 16.

Of these, the worst performing ad was number 3 with considerably less clicks than the other two.

One thing I didn't take into account when I was looking at the CR for the offer, was that this could include banner traffic and display ad traffic, which I have not been running. This is a global rate and since, traffic can convert at different rates depending on circumstances and offers, this could be a factor. You could have a CR of 10% on banners and a CR of 1.35% on text ads. I don't know that this is the case here, just throwing out information and possibilities.

I realize that this was definitively too much money to spend on a campaign when there was only a single conversion. However, I just wanted to make sure that I didn't quit before I had a chance to gather enough information to make a sound decision. I'll find the right balance, I've just got to a feel for it.

In my research, I did find a keyword that would work well with an offer from PS on Bing, so I will be looking for an offer to promote from them. I'll let you know how that goes.

I have been looking for additional offers to promote from MB, AWM and PF. I have settled in to a specific vertical to promote on Bing and I have already built a landing page for the vertical. No more direct linking for this set of offers.

I don't want to let the grass grow under my feet, so I will be initiating the new campaign within the next day or two.

As always,
Here's to your success!

@Rvfamily - your focus and commitment, I love it!

Just butting in here because I suddenly remembered a link that I have that might be of some help to you on 7S. I found it on @LukePeerFly 's blog two or three years ago.

7Search.com - Top Paying 500 Keywords

You probably already know this but 7Search also offers display advertising. Actually, I only used them for banners. I also did a sports theme (via various banners) without much luck.

However, someone has had a lot of luck (skill/strategy): http://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/7search-and-cpa-offer-that-makes-roi-1199.8912/

I'm looking forward to reading about the next leg of your journey with Bing. You keep ploughing ahead, so it can only be a matter of time before you find your stride.

banners
Back