The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

(dot)com vs (dot)net in SEO ?

MrPRinson

affiliate
Hello Guys,
Please help me and tell me that the website suffix name does matter or not. please help me to choose best one so tell me which is best for my company's website . com or net?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Guys,
Please help me and tell me that the website suffix name does matter or not. please help me to choose best one so tell me which is best for my company's website . com or net?
Thanks in advance.
Hey @MrPRinson, .com and .net are TLDs, 'Top Level Domains' and there are meanwhile 100s of them available, including all the country TLDs like .it, .fr, .co.uk etc.

For the SEO there is no difference between all these TLDs. Imagine, Google would prefer .com, then all the world would use only .com domains...

The .com domains are preferable for the memorability and the personal branding. They are the most used ones and they are therefore the best known TLDs for the user.

Since you want to earn money, you will have a commercial website and therefore you need a .com TLD. The .net and .org domains have a non-commercial aftertaste, .org is even reserved for non profit organisations.
Hope this clears a bit ;)

Last edited:
So is a dot-com better than all the other dots? Short answer, yes. This is because the web is a dot-com universe. When people think of the web they automatically think “dot-com”. It wasn’t called the “Internet Company Bubble Crash” or the ” Online Business Bubble Crash” it was called the “Dot-Com Bubble Crash”. Think of every major player on the web, see any dot-nets? How about dot-biz? The occasional dot-org, yes, but overwhelmingly it’s a dot-com world.

Hey. The suffix of the url matters a lot when it comes to SEO. We normally have the top level domain extension which always attract a high-Optimization compared to the other levels. A person with y.com is much better when it comes to SEO compared to the y.net. So it is better to be careful especially when you have decided to purchase one. The bbeter the domain, the easier the work done.

Note that if you want to target users only in your specific country, you should use your country domain extension ie google.ca for Canada

MI
Back