monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

(dot)com vs (dot)net in SEO ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by MrPRinson, Jul 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MrPRinson

MrPRinson Affiliate affiliate

Hello Guys,
    Please help me and tell me that the website suffix name does matter or not. please help me to choose best one so tell me which is best for my company's website . com or net?
    Thanks in advance.

2. monetizer
  3. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

Hey @MrPRinson, .com and .net are TLDs, 'Top Level Domains' and there are meanwhile 100s of them available, including all the country TLDs like .it, .fr, .co.uk etc.

For the SEO there is no difference between all these TLDs. Imagine, Google would prefer .com, then all the world would use only .com domains...

The .com domains are preferable for the memorability and the personal branding. They are the most used ones and they are therefore the best known TLDs for the user.

Since you want to earn money, you will have a commercial website and therefore you need a .com TLD. The .net and .org domains have a non-commercial aftertaste, .org is even reserved for non profit organisations.
    Hope this clears a bit ;)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Lord Patrick likes this.
  4. Harris Khan

Harris Khan Affiliate affiliate

.com domains can rank good in google than other.

5. GobiKrishnaa

GobiKrishnaa Affiliate affiliate

Go with .com domain

People have more trust and credibility on .com domains more than anything else

6. heyVic

heyVic Affiliate affiliate

Makes no difference in terms of rankings mate.

7. arush4491

arush4491 Affiliate affiliate

So is a dot-com better than all the other dots? Short answer, yes. This is because the web is a dot-com universe. When people think of the web they automatically think “dot-com”. It wasn’t called the “Internet Company Bubble Crash” or the ” Online Business Bubble Crash” it was called the “Dot-Com Bubble Crash”. Think of every major player on the web, see any dot-nets? How about dot-biz? The occasional dot-org, yes, but overwhelmingly it’s a dot-com world.

8. Dr. Forum

Dr. Forum Affiliate affiliate

Hey. The suffix of the url matters a lot when it comes to SEO. We normally have the top level domain extension which always attract a high-Optimization compared to the other levels. A person with y.com is much better when it comes to SEO compared to the y.net. So it is better to be careful especially when you have decided to purchase one. The bbeter the domain, the easier the work done.

9. vanillablueskyy

vanillablueskyy Affiliate affiliate

Note that if you want to target users only in your specific country, you should use your country domain extension ie google.ca for Canada

10. warlyz189

warlyz189 Affiliate affiliate

I don't think they make difference from each other!

11. Batman

Batman Affiliate affiliate

Useful for everyone :

12. Lord Patrick

Lord Patrick Affiliate affiliate

It doesn't matter! You can rank with a .xyz domain if you want. The CTR may be better with .com and .org .

13. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

:) All of Matt Cutts videos are useful :)

Always better than any myths that are spread by some bloggers ;)

14. KelvinSm

KelvinSm Affiliate affiliate

It doesn't matter. But you need to optimize your site properly as per SEO prospective.

15. Freddy63

Freddy63 Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

I prefer .com but it shouldn't make a difference.

16. Hemant kumar

Hemant kumar Affiliate affiliate

.com Obviously
    But it's not like that .net is bad, it all depends on out hard work.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI