The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Doesn't make sense to me....starting out, why were you working from 6pm-2am?

tabo603

affiliate
Can't remember where but somewhere on your blog you mention you went to work from 9-5 then did affiliate marketing from 6-2am and repeated this process for months.

I totally get that to make it in affiliate marketing or anything for that matter you have to work your ass off but I'm still confused...

How did you fill up those 8 hours every night?

You mentioned you budgeted $600 every month to start so you couldn't have been creating like 50 campaigns.

I say this because in my experience with my limited budget once I've done my research and set up the campaigns it's a matter of waiting. I can probably knock out a few thoroughly prepared campaigns in one 8-hour session but after that I have nothing to do...or should I be doing something? Please correct me if I'm totally missing the boat here.

The way I figure I'd have to wait for a statistically significant amount of stats to come in to create new ads or optimize my campaigns but again....

with a limited budget it seems I'm playing the waiting game more times than not.

What were you doing that took so much of your time and should I be doing something that I'm not?

Lemme think

- Reading. This meant books, forums, and any other sources of information

- Developing skills. I learned PHP, HTML, CSS, and how to use Photoshop

- Constantly trying to network. Picking the brains of people I met through forums and picking the brains of my affiliate managers

- I also spent tons of time writing articles for $15 each to increase my bankroll beyond $600 a month

- Remember 5 years ago there weren't tools there there are now today. You had to setup Facebook ads manually without the power editor. I had to do PHP coding for my tracker because Prosper202 wasn't invented yet.

I think the way to look at it is that Charles was going to do whatever it took, including giving up most of his sleeping hours. :)

banners
Back