The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Does Promoting Your Site On Forums Work Anymore?

Smithee

affiliate
There was a time when webmasters could get lots of traffic from forums but since spammers took advantage of that forum owners decided to make it a lot harder for spammers to promote their sites.

There are some forums where posting links isn't allowed. If you can't post a link then obviously you can't get traffic from that forum, right?

Ask anyone what's the easiest way to promote your site and they'll tell you to join a forum, be active and traffic will come your way.

Question though is, have spam-fighting measures put in place by forum owners made it harder to promote sites on forums or do forum signature and profile links work just fine?

Question though is, have spam-fighting measures put in place by forum owners made it harder to promote sites on forums or do forum signature and profile links work just fine?

Spam filters definitely do prevent some abuse, but I can tell you that there are still forum spammers out there and I can tell you I delete many of them every week in our forums, as do the Admins.

No matter what the platform, it is the content of your posts that will attract the attention of those whom will follow any links you may have in a forum, or anywhere else you may have a footer.

People are not click happy as they were many years ago. Today, people are click cautious. The one truth you will find to hold through the ages is that the links associated with quality pertinent content is what will generate clicks no matter where that content is.

MI
Back