The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does 'Niche Site' still the best option for Ranking?

Freddy63

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
vpsfix
TJOSM Affiliates
Hey Guys!

After my first sale on amazon, I had little bad time. My main site was banned by Google Traffic was ZERO. Only I was visiting my site in that period. Then I discovered & fixed the issue, Which was duplicate meta tags. Everything is fine now. Google unbanned me.

On the same day I created above thread, I was soooo motivated & created a niche site. But not about vacuums. I picked a different niche & built a site with exact match domain.

Now after a month, My post about vacuum ranking on 10th position for keyword "Hoover Platinum Lightweight Upright Vacuum UH30010COM" while I can't even find niche site on Google for it's full product name.

None of above post driving me traffic or sales. So i'm confused here. What do you suggest me from here?

Should I give more time to test or turn my main blog in to authority site?

^^ Yes, Did a gig on Vacuum post. & for niche site, built few links on blogger, wordpress, fb ..etc. I think I should do same gig for niche site as well

What I think your main problem is that the sites above you on the search query are Amazon, Walmart and Bestbuy all advertising the SAME product.

Now considering you are flogging an amazon link to the product......see what I mean

The other thing is you have your video set to autoplay which a lot of websurfers/consumers find annoying. Let them play the video if they want to.

You also need to put some spaces in between your paragraphs. When people see a wall of text like that it can be quite off putting.

Maybe the vacuum cleaner niche is a tad crowded?

Google play with results every day. Page you're talking about is not mine. I don't have video on that page. You can view it here,
Code:
http://hqguides.com/hoover-platinum-lightweight-upright-vacuum-uh30010com-review/

What I think your main problem is that the sites above you on the search query are Amazon, Walmart and Bestbuy all advertising the SAME product.

Now considering you are flogging an amazon link to the product......see what I mean

The other thing is you have your video set to autoplay which a lot of websurfers/consumers find annoying. Let them play the video if they want to.

You also need to put some spaces in between your paragraphs. When people see a wall of text like that it can be quite off putting.

Maybe the vacuum cleaner niche is a tad crowded?

My apologies Freddy63,

In your original post you stated you had an exact match domain listed as number 10 in google search query and that's why I reviewed that site based on that information. Thankyou for posting your link.

You are correct when you say "Google play with results every day" as you are now ranked No.5.

Bestbuy is now below you and walmart is not even on the page! Biggest problem is that Amazon is still number 1.

I think the main points you have going for you on the search page is that you have an image of yourself displayed and a 4.5 star rating!! The word "Review" in the text is also great. Good job!

Looking from the buyers perspective I can see you are trying to soft sell the product, but I think you may need a call to action (BUY POINT) just before the "The Suction Power" header. Given the fact you are targeting such a specific keyword we know that the customer wants to buy, all they just need is a little push from you. :)

From Googles perspective, your page doesn't pass Copyscape.

Given the fact you are already on page 1 a few tweaks and rewording on your landing page may just see you come close to knocking Amazon off the top position.

^Thanks Micks! Your review is very helpful. I didn't know about Copyscape before. seems like very handy tool. Yes, with few tweaks I may beat Amazon. But you never know. Can't trust google these days.

Got to say, probably one of the most educational threads I've read on the forum.

MI
Back