The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does Exact Match Domain Still Work?

Abdul sami

affiliate
Hello Guys, I am new here and looking forward to contribute in this forum.

I have question.

I have found profitable exact match keyword for which .org exact match domain is available. I want you to help me does this exact match domain work or not? Should i go for it and register it or make it little bit brandable domain.

Looking forward to your answers.

Thanks beforehand. :)

Hello Guys, I am new here and looking forward to contribute in this forum.

I have question.

I have found profitable exact match keyword for which .org exact match domain is available. I want you to help me does this exact match domain work or not? Should i go for it and register it or make it little bit brandable domain.

Looking forward to your answers.

Thanks beforehand. :)
Years ago, having an exact match domain is an added "score" in googles eyes. But now, they don't have that advantage anymore. So if exact domains don't have that charm anymore, why not have a brandable domain instead? Not only it will look professional and easy to remember, but also brandable domains allow your site for growth. For example, if you name your site as "overcomingprocrastination.com" (an exact match domain), you will be capped on talking about procrastination forever! But if you name your site as "developmentcoach.com" (branded), then you can talk about almost anything :D

Years ago, having an exact match domain is an added "score" in googles eyes. But now, they don't have that advantage anymore. So if exact domains don't have that charm anymore, why not have a brandable domain instead? Not only it will look professional and easy to remember, but also brandable domains allow your site for growth. For example, if you name your site as "overcomingprocrastination.com" (an exact match domain), you will be capped on talking about procrastination forever! But if you name your site as "developmentcoach.com" (branded), then you can talk about almost anything :D

Hey,

Thank you for your response. I was looking for the exact same answer. You cleared my confusion almost about this thread. One last thing. the exact match domain is specific to the topic like take an example of Tom Cruise. So, it will be all about tom cruise life and his family so i can add that keyword like this one Alltomcruiseguide.com or allabouttomcruise. So, it is specifc not a broad. I will be only talking about tom cruise not other actors.

Hey,

Thank you for your response. I was looking for the exact same answer. You cleared my confusion almost about this thread. One last thing. the exact match domain is specific to the topic like take an example of Tom Cruise. So, it will be all about tom cruise life and his family so i can add that keyword like this one Alltomcruiseguide.com or allabouttomcruise. So, it is specifc not a broad. I will be only talking about tom cruise not other actors.
Hmmm.. why would you want to talk about tom cruise only? Don't you like talking about other popular actors as well? :p I mean, by targeting tom cruise only, you are putting a cap on your site's growth potential. You should build an authority site instead of a "niche site". You can read Chris Lee's article of Rankxl.com article for reference (especially the point #4): The 7 Most Common Mistakes People Make When Starting A New Niche Site and this article: How to Choose The Perfect Domain Name For Your Niche Site..

Chris has an adsense course and I can say it's the best adsense course ever! And one of the things I learned is that you should build a site that you can scale up! You can check out his course here. Don't worry it's not an affiliate link. Just so you know that I'm not promoting stuffs ;) I don't make money by saying this, but if you are serious with your site to turn it into a site with Millions of visitors, this course is all you need :D (and oh, it's not for adsense alone, you can also monetize it differently)

You will see (which I firmly believe) why you should build a big site -- an authority site instead!

Last edited:
Well, the reason i was thinking to stick only to tom cruise is that i only want to be competitor in that top ten ranking positions. But your point is also valid. Authority point makes sense now for me. Thanks for recommending me chris lee's niche site course. For affiliate link its your right as you are helping out newbies like me so in return you should get reward but i have another course available which i have watched and plan to work on.

Thanks for clearing my doubts. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Well, the reason i was thinking to stick only to tom cruise is that i only want to be competitor in that top ten ranking positions. But your point is also valid. Authority point makes sense now for me. Thanks for recommending me chris lee's niche site course. For affiliate link its your right as you are helping out newbies like me so in return you should get reward but i have another course available which i have watched and plan to work on.

Thanks for clearing my doubts. I really appreciate it.
Alright! I'm glad to help buddy!

why only stick to 1 site? you can get the exact match domain and then also make another site with the suggestions of the others with a branded domain. that way you make more profit, its always best to have more sites than just focussing on one. thats a big mistake many whitehat seo's do. just put their effort into 1 site only..

why only stick to 1 site? you can get the exact match domain and then also make another site with the suggestions of the others with a branded domain. that way you make more profit, its always best to have more sites than just focussing on one. thats a big mistake many whitehat seo's do. just put their effort into 1 site only..

not a bad idea, thanks for your great response and suggestion. :)

Yes Everything that used to work, still (for the most part) works, it just how you do it. Their are rules to follow, find those rules and follow them. Your creativity is bounded by those rules. So just create a website that follows those rules.

EMDs give a massive advantage. If your focus is SEO, even paid marketing....

Also don't be afraid to buy 1$ domain names. They still rank, everything ranks. Just make google happy.

MI
Back