The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Does anyone have a checklist for the process of implementing an affiliate program?

If you are starting an Affiliate Program through Wordpress I would recommend checking out AffiliateWP.. it offers great integration with your website and has a fantastic range of Add-ons available which can help you build and manage your Affiliate Program successfully.

As for recruiting new affiliates, do your research! Find blog owners and businesses who are active and work within your niche and will have knowledge and experience with the product/service you are asking them to promote. Create a connection/relationship with them using a personalised email that shows you have taken time to find them and find out what they are about rather than spamming them with a template you are sending to 1000s of people at a time!

Last edited:
If you are starting an Affiliate Program through Wordpress I would recommend checking out wp-affiliate.. it offers great integration with your website and has a fantastic range of Add-ons available which can help you build and manage your Affiliate Program successfully.

As for recruiting new affiliates, do your research! Find blog owners and businesses who are active and work within your niche and will have knowledge and experience with the product/service you are asking them to promote. Create a connection/relationship with them using a personalised email that shows you have taken time to find them and find out what they are about rather than spamming them with a template you are sending to 1000s of people at a time!

CORRECT! It's just another funnel, and when you learn to do funnels, then you capture the conversion!

To me, one of the key issues with running your own affiliate program is being able to provide your affiliates with up-to-date stats on all of the key metrics of your program (leads, sales, clients, prospects, downline, downline contact info, status level, etc...) If you are not good at writing your own PHP short-codes or other PHP code, you may need to use an affiliate plugin like Tom said.

Another item you need to do is to provide a log-in for your affiliates that may be different from the standard WP login that is used for content authoring, editing and site admin. Your affiliates need to log in, log out, change their password, ask for a password reset, and perhaps other back-end admin functions. That takes coding if you don't use some plugin that handles all of this stuff.

On my site, I recruit affiliates, and provide them with a dashboard that I created using PHP and a MySQL database table. They can see their list of prospects, along with contact info, their number of personal sales (units and dollar volume), team sales (units and volume), status (Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Account Director), downline contact info, and other stats.

Also, you need to have an affiliate link so that prospective affiliates can contact you. An affiliate agreement is also needed that spells out the relationship between you and your affiliates, what they can and cannot do, how they get paid, etc...

- Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I might start a new thread for this, but I have some related questions. Not so much on the technical side of implementing an affiliate program, but more on the business setup. (i.e. I want to setup an affiliate program for a financial services client, but I'm not sure how to structure the commission split.) I will charge a setup fee to get it up and running, but I'm not sure how I should get paid for the ongoing management. Any thoughts?

It's a pretty long checklist (nearly 400 pages) but I'd suggest checking out Geno Prussakov's book Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day. It goes through everything you need to do to launch an affiliate program, step-by-step. Just read it over the weekend and picked up a few good pointers.

HAHA! this time you post a link to it.
That is an affiliate selling software to tell you how to use the clickbank affiliate program.
You can find that information for free direct from clickbank when you join and all over the Internet if you look for it.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_9?url=search-alias=digital-text&field-keywords=clickbank+affiliate+marketing&sprefix=clickbank,digital-text,231&crid=9X7M5KBWIU66
cheaper to read a few books ....

**I was referring to a spam post ^^^ that was removed xxxxx from this thread -- carry on ;)

Last edited:
banners
Back