Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does anyone bother with bing?

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
Or is it all about the big G for you - most my sites get hardly any traffic from bing tbh...

Most of the search engine algorithms are pretty similar and look at the same stuff (backlinks, on-page SEO etc) so if you just optimize your site for Google and can rank in Google then you'll tend to rank pretty well in all of them in my experience.

Even if you do get a good ranking in Bing and some of the other search engines though you still wont get anywhere near the volume that you will with Google.

Yes, you may be ranking better on Google, but still Google will send you more traffic. So it's all about big G.

From my experience if you rank good on G you will rank on Bing too.But yeah B don't bring to much traffic so i would not bother with it ;)

Bing is pretty easy to rank on, but considering Google has the biggest search engine traffic it would be better to rank on Google :)

Although you can still get some nice targeted traffic from Bing for the keyword's your ranking for (Many ranking and competition factor's involved though).

Another thing to think about is G users tend to be more savvy than Bing users..

When someone buys a new "PC Windows" computer, out of the box it has IE installed and set to Bing as the default SE.

So targeting offers that are saturated for the savvy people are a bit easier than those that are newbies.

Depending on the offer, your CTR and ROI can be better even with less traffic volume.

"What are the different factors to rank on Bing as to the big G?"

I would like to hear others chime in on that as well.

What are the different factors to rank on Bing as to the big G?

Keyword competition is one, your not going to get a ton of visit's from Bing if you have a keyword with <1000 SPM (Searches Per Month)..

Also site's in Bing usually rank when your building link's for Google ranking's. This has happened to me quite a lot recently, if you add SAPE links for example you'll be in the rank's within day's :)

Some good thoughts in this thread!

I've found sites rank in Bing before without trying but does any recommend getting on Bings version of webmaster tools and submitting site maps etc?

What are the different factors to rank on Bing as to the big G?

First and foremost would be the Traffic, next the algorithm set up though pretty same , you can rank on Bing quite easily than compared to G.
But it should be kept in mind Bing is moving quite well and we shouldn't be ignoring that.

What you say K?

I have been using Adcenter oppose to Adwords and yes the volume is not the same but Adcenter has a ton of traffic also
and they are a lot nicer to deal with .

Google Adwords is good if you own your own offer or product but as a affiliate it is Extremely Easy to get your account suspended for something you didn't even know that you did. Too many rules .

Google is very predigest to large company's. If you haven't noticed, on every search in Google you will have Wikipedia or Amazon on the first page.

I switched over to Bings webmaster tool and I like them . Bing also has some other cool tools.

Then again I hate Google and everything that they stand for and cant wait for the FTC to get them again..

Bing is on the rise !
You know how if you buy a android phone you have to have a GMail account?
Well you know what Bing(Microsoft) is doing with windows 8 if you buy a new PC with windows 8 you are going to have to have a MSN account!

So they are fighting back.

Yes, agree that AdCenter is more affiliate friendly, but it will be a few years before it reaches G's (PPC) traffic levels.

Problem is that G is monoplising the SE sector. One way it does this is by paying browser companies to use their SE as the installed default. And with their multi billtion dollar PPC income, they can afford to pay big bucks.

Competition is all good, so G won't be holding onto it's monopoly forever.

Code:
Sources:
techcrunch. com /2013/02/12/google-to-pay-apple-1-billion-next-year-to-be-default-search-engine-on-ios/
bloggerempire. com /2013/02/13/google-pay-1-billion-apple-default-search-engine-apple-ios/
allthingsd. com /20111222/google-will-pay-mozilla-almost-300m-per-year-in-search-deal-besting-microsoft-and-yahoo/
reuters. com /article/2012/08/22/net-us-google-opera-idUSBRE87L03J20120822
[remove spaces]

I think that if you rank well with Google then you will do pretty well with Bing as well. I have been using Bing more lately not because I'm less "savvy" but more rather I think Bing is becoming more user friendly then Google...just my opinion This is just for my own research however. I use both Google 60% Bing 40%. of course ranking well in Youtube is becoming just as important since it is one of the most used search engines

I have a site, 10 keywords #1 in bing (home loan related) and in Google not even in the first 30 pos. Then in Google I have 1 keyword #1 and in Bing that keyword isn't even in the index. Make total sense :/

Even though majority of the traffic that i receive is from Google, but I do look at the rankings on Bing as well as I do get a considerable amount of traffic from here as well. Although, I do the same things like On Page optimizations, backlinks, I do have a good ranking on both the search engines.

I figure it can't hurt to be somewhere on as many of the search engines as possible... in no way would you be happy with just Bing, but if it brings you a few visits and you aren't doing anything extra than you are to get on Google to get on there then it's visits for nothing in my eyes, and as mentioned they do seem to be trying to get back in the game a little.... can't hurt to be at the top of the page when they do :)

Actually you can get a decent amount of traffic from Bing, but not for all Keywords. There are even some keywords were being in top 3 spot in bing will make more $ than being in top 3 in google. Lot of people have told me that Bing users tend to convert better.
The only thing what I have seen for my sites is that Bing tend to rank higher EMD domains, don't know why but that's what I have seen, also Bing doesn't look so much on Authority as Google, does.

banners
Back