The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you take Vitamins or Supplements?

Well I guess it has something to do with fast metabolism and yeah, not eating enough calories. I don't like it though when people don't realize that pointing out how 'skinny' you are feels just like calling someone fat.

vitamins are not going to make you gain weight. if your looking to bulk up, you will have to do it slowly to be safe. try some protein supplements and start working out every other day. you don't want to put on a lot of fat then it will take longer to turn it into muscle.

I almost always take some type of supplements. The choice usually depends on my budget and current health needs.

At the moment I am taking chlorella powder, magnesium chloride, and chia seeds.

I also take protein powder sometimes.

I almost always take some type of supplements. The choice usually depends on my budget and current health needs.

At the moment I am taking chlorella powder, magnesium chloride, and chia seeds.

I also take protein powder sometimes.

What did protein powder did to your body? is it really good and effective?

And the chlorella thingy?

What did protein powder did to your body? is it really good and effective?

And the chlorella thingy?

I'm not really sure for chlorella. It allegedly has a lot of different benefits, from improving gut flora and removing toxins to reducing hypertension. I only took it because i found it in the pantry, so I didn't bother checking whether I had experienced some of the benefits.

The protein powder itself does not increase muscle without exercise. When I tried taking it without exercise, nothing significant happened. (I did feel less hungry and had more physical energy though.) When I took protein and exercised at least 2-3 times per week, I got some additional muscles on me.

I'm not really sure for chlorella. It allegedly has a lot of different benefits, from improving gut flora and removing toxins to reducing hypertension. I only took it because i found it in the pantry, so I didn't bother checking whether I had experienced some of the benefits.

The protein powder itself does not increase muscle without exercise. When I tried taking it without exercise, nothing significant happened. (I did feel less hungry and had more physical energy though.) When I took protein and exercised at least 2-3 times per week, I got some additional muscles on me.

Woah! I need to grab some of those.. :D
I am really thin like paper over here. :D

Hey guys, for me, exercise is FIRST! it gives you energy, clears the mind up, and makes you feel better. I do cardio (running, cycling) and moderate weight lifting (I don't want to "build a body" - the primary goal for my body is to be functional and healthy).

I pop in a multivitamin from time to time and that's eat. I really try to eat a lot of veggies and fruit. The best source of smart nutrition info by far (for me) is choosemyplate-dot-gov (government funded and free).

However, these foods or on my daily menu:
- hempseed or olive oil (2-3 teaspoons)
- honey or maple syrup (super foods)
- carrots (vitamin super bombs)
- nuts and seeds (mixed with various kinds)
- plain yogurt
- green tea or red wine
- apples (1 apple)
- dark chocolate (10 grams)
- fish
- eggs (every other day)
- aronia and goji berries (natural energy boosters with tons of vitamins)

BUT, if my quality of sleep is bad (when I sleep out of town) or if I don't get enough sleep, nothing of the above works. It's all wasted. So I'd say that quality sleep is by far the most important. I try to go to sleep at 10:30 PM and wake up at 7 or 7:30 AM.

All this helps greatly for my mood any energy levels.

Hey guys, for me, exercise is FIRST! it gives you energy, clears the mind up, and makes you feel better. I do cardio (running, cycling) and moderate weight lifting (I don't want to "build a body" - the primary goal for my body is to be functional and healthy).

BUT, if my quality of sleep is bad (when I sleep out of town) or if I don't get enough sleep, nothing of the above works. It's all wasted. So I'd say that quality sleep is by far the most important. I try to go to sleep at 10:30 PM and wake up at 7 or 7:30 AM.

All this helps greatly for my mood any energy levels.

I second this. Like I said, I gained muscle with protein only while I was working out. Without physical activity, you will never activate the need for muscles to grow. More importantly, your body does not prefer the sedentary lifestyle.

What I didn't mention is that sleep is critical because the lack of it can mess up your hormones and all your efforts (health or mass) are then wasted. Thanks for the reminder bluedot!

I use basic multivitamins and a calcium supplement.

I used to be on the edge of being underweight until one year when I drank a lot of coke and gained 20 kilos. But I wouldn't advice that method. Since then my weight has mostly been better. I went back to my previous for a period later due to circumstances, but it's again normal now.

I think eating a healthy mix of various kinds of food is important. Don't skip all the fats, you need fat as well to be healthy (think cheese, olive oil and such). And you'll probably need enough carbonhydrates as well, like someone sad before. I eat quite a lot every day.

Honestly I think instead of taking supplements on your own you should make a full blood test, including necessary elements such as magnesium, calcium, etc. It may cost you a bit (if not covered by health insurance) but in long term you will know what kind of supplements are best for you.

I personally don't take many supplements, only magnesium (but it's OTC drug not supplement) and zinc sometimes (usually I try to eat zinc with food such as sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds but when I'm abroad I take pills).

I used to take a lot of supplements but not anymore. Right now I am doing a meat-based diet (75% meat) so I don't eat as many supplements as before. I used to have frequent digestive issues when I consumed a lot of veggies so that's why supplements were needed. Be careful with plant consumption because many plants contain anti-nutrient compounds.

MI
Back