The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you pay attention on SEO?

vukasini

King of the Wisdomland
Hello to everyone. I'm really interested to hear your answer on the following question:

Do you pay attention on SEO?

Because I DON'T! I never did actually. Okay, I lie. I used to pay attention in the past in some specific niche when I was creating sites for others. They actually ask me to do it, so I did it. But when I'm making my sites, I never pay attention on SEO. Almost at all. You know why? My focus isn't on creating site for search engines then creating sites for people. And when I create site for real human beings, search engine revards me with free traffic and great rankings.

I want to hear your opinion on this!

I focus on one or two keywords per site and really try to push up the ranks in the correct way - its a long drawn out process but it definitely is important.

Glad to hear that you guys focusing on SEO. I think that is all from person to person. I, for example, don't love SEO or working on it. However, I like free organic traffic. Others, maybe love SEO but on the end of the day, it is all about the quality you provide to others.

At least I think so. When you look on things like keyword density or anything similar, you can look on them like they only can push you to go faster with ranking but you just can't rely on them only. It is all about the quality of content!

well it depends if you know what your doing. SEO is important but then there are people who have no idea on how to do it correctly and are basically wasting their time "Like me" lol.

@rahip4567- As long as you don't offer any SEO service, I'm happy to hear that you are ''wasting'' your time. I wouldn't take it so seriously, it is hard from wasting a time. It is a process of learning new things, that's all.

@Shasha- So SEO is your passion. Great to hear that man. Just keep improving your skills. Are you offering any SEO service?

I don't focus on SEO, but I do my due diligence and setup my (Wordpress) based sites so that they have the best chance of getting better rankings. It neither adds nor takes away from the content.

Whenever I "build links" to my sites, I do that with the purpose of getting visitors, not for SEO. That is why "build links" is in "" - the focus is on visitors. ;)

Also, often just by slightly tweaking some of the headlines I can get much more visitors. So why not pay a bit of attention to which keywords are searched for, and use those phrases if they fit naturally, instead of those that are less searched for.

So, to reiterate - Do I focus on SEO? No I don't. Do I pay attention to it? Of course I do, I find it shortsighted not to.

I do focus on SEO but also depend on how fast I need to be. because sometime I discover breaking news and I must act fast to set it up all and running in less than 30 minutes. Than SEO go in second plan but I always do it for Title, Keywords and description. This I do always, even making fast website.

I think we all know several things about SEO to be true.

1. It can help, but it is not necessary to become obsessive over it. Great Content and throwing non-search traffic at a site will create an SEO growth on it's own, but does need to be maintained to an extent.

2. The impact of SEO is not what it used to be. I do think a site should be optimized to make it SE friendly, but many go over the top and often find themselves scratching their heads when the engines drop them for trying to game the system. Simply give the SE's what they ask for and then create the best content you can.

3. Sites that offer cooperative user activity help to generate an additional aspect to SEO strength because of the viral and/or referral traffic that can be developed. Here is a great recent article in the Wall Street Journal regarding this technique. Why Everyone Will Totally Read This Column

Well....not as much as i used to. It is important in doses but like with anything you can overdo it. I think focusing on long tails and a few key words at a time will give you some good results. SER is all about providing the most relevant information in a timely manner. You are right with your analysis though.

banners
Back