The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Do you have to wait for payments to get approved?

Kelseyg1215

affiliate
I have a product that I'm running a PPC ad on, I supposedly get paid 4.50 everytime someone clicks on my link and submits their info. I had a friend go in and test it out, they put in their information for me and when I logged into my CPA network account I still didn't see any revenue, it was still 0.00. I'm wondering, is the company not honest or do they take time to approve payment and make sure the information submitted is legitimate?

It could be down to a few things, the offer might be locked to specific geo's, it might take time to update, I have used some where the stats are always 24 hours behind, if the other person was on your network (ie/ your home wifi) then the click might have been discarded as you clicking on the link. Also might be worth checking to see if there is more to the offer than you originally thought. When in doubt the networks support service will be your best bet, might want to leave out the part where you asked a friend to fill in the offer for you, some networks dont like it.

I know and I was leery to have a friend do that, I don't want to be dishonest. I'm just trying to learn how all of this stuff works, and if I'm paying money to promote the ad I want to make sure its working correctly. Any more advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Yea, it's one thing i don't understand, why there is no way to check that your set up is working correctly before pushing the campaign. My last campaign, my tracking was misconfigired and as such it didn't track conversions. Would have been useful to be able to test the set up before putting the campaign live. oh well, we learn by doing lol

Its best to reach out to the network.... having your friend fill out a lead as a 'test' typically is not allowed and can be grounds to be kicked out (prob won't happen but if the lead does count you just cost the advertiser $ for a 'test' lead).

MI
Back