The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do free classified ads work at all?

rob2371

affiliate
I'm pretty new to this and I have almost no background in computers, marketing etc. Oh yea and I don't have a ton of money to burn! So i'm looking for ways to gain knowledge and experience without a lot of expense while hopefully still starting to generate a little income. I have kind of landed on facebook and free classifieds to try and get my feet wet. But theres not a lot of info our there on free ads (I'm thinking maybe because they don't work that well?) but I also know most people are looking to get rich where as I'm looking to pay bills and gain experience. Any insights on free ads? thanks again

I'm pretty new to this and I have almost no background in computers, marketing etc. Oh yea and I don't have a ton of money to burn! So i'm looking for ways to gain knowledge and experience without a lot of expense while hopefully still starting to generate a little income. I have kind of landed on facebook and free classifieds to try and get my feet wet. But theres not a lot of info our there on free ads (I'm thinking maybe because they don't work that well?) but I also know most people are looking to get rich where as I'm looking to pay bills and gain experience. Any insights on free ads? thanks again
For social media if you want to grow your business for Free not actually cause you spent your time and time is money. So come to my point in social media join your targeted group and build your reputation and promote your offers. In direct marketing for social media join niche based groups asked admin to pin post your ads and earn money. This will work same as niche based page as well.

Free classifieds used to work but most often got used for BH methods. So, now it's nigh-on impossible to post an affiliate link. Craigslist will ghost or ban you so fast, it'd make your head spin.

If you want to take that route, make sure you're linking to a domain, not a referral link. And don't post misleading ads.

There are a ton of free classifieds sites. At least one of them allows linking within the ad.

Free classifieds used to work but most often got used for BH methods. So, now it's nigh-on impossible to post an affiliate link. Craigslist will ghost or ban you so fast, it'd make your head spin.

If you want to take that route, make sure you're linking to a domain, not a referral link. And don't post misleading ads.

There are a ton of free classifieds sites. At least one of them allows linking within the ad.
I have found a few that do allow referral links, but mostly I have been linking to my domain. it seems like an interesting way to advertise(especially on a budget) and I do understand you have to test it and find out what works. but advice from experience is priceless, thanks

it seems like an interesting way to advertise(especially on a budget) and I do understand you have to test it and find out what works. but advice from experience is priceless

I think, like everything else, it depends on what you're promoting. And how good your ad is, of course.

Why don't you start a follow along journey, so others can help you as you go? It might prove motivating, as well as provide guidance for optimizing your efforts.

I do think you can be able to earn a lot from the social media networks. You just need to make sure that you have selected a niche that you want to work with. After that, you will now need time to build your page reputation in relations to what offers you will be promoting. That will lead you to having a wider audience of potential customers. You can then be able to promote the offers through the posts. You will invest time only in this and am sure you will make some profit from it.

Craigslist will ghost or ban you so fast, it'd make your head spin.

[Trumpspeak]
In other words, you're not going to be winning bigly with these ads, believe me. Chances of being banned are tremendous, believe me.
[/Trumpspeak]

on a more serious note, on fiverr.com I've seen ads like "I'll post your classifieds ad on the top 50 classifieds sites." Is there software that does this for them and does anyone do things like this, or is it just generally useless spam that isn't going to do much besides hurt your google ranking (assuming you're trying to get organic traffic)?

And for OP, posting ads on classifieds like craigslist, as azgold pointed out, is definitely gonna get you banned, but classifieds with less stringent security won't be as much of a problem, however I don't know if they're even worth the time. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try unless you're promoting a site that you're hoping to get organic traffic to, because it might hurt your SEO.

[Trumpspeak]
In other words, you're not going to be winning bigly with these ads, believe me. Chances of being banned are tremendous, believe me.
[/Trumpspeak]

I believe you, please don't build a wall around AFix! :D

on a more serious note, on fiverr.com I've seen ads like "I'll post your classifieds ad on the top 50 classifieds sites." Is there software that does this for them and does anyone do things like this, or is it just generally useless spam that isn't going to do much besides hurt your google ranking (assuming you're trying to get organic traffic)?

I've no idea if they have bots for that but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Just copy/pasting one ad on a bunch of sites may be another possibility.

And for OP, posting ads on classifieds like craigslist, as azgold pointed out, is definitely gonna get you banned, but classifieds with less stringent security won't be as much of a problem, however I don't know if they're even worth the time. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try unless you're promoting a site that you're hoping to get organic traffic to, because it might hurt your SEO.

Classifieds don't work for CPA, they're not allowed by the networks or offer's advertisers. It could work for a product or service, if done right, I think.

Hi there! My suggestion is to go for marketing campaigns that really pay. Like using an offerwall for example. This tool can generate traffic and coversions better as you reward your users everytime they avail of an offer...

I'm currently using an offerwall from OfferDaddy and so far everything's doing great!:D

Hope this helps!:)

HI Friends
Posting free ads on classifieds websites works. Free classified ads are considered to be one of the most effective ways to promote business because they are a great source of traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes ..free classifieds works good ..it can give give your
  1. company or product enhancement
  2. traffic for website
  3. backlinks
  4. company profile creation
  5. it will help to create strong DA PA

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, of course, Free classified ads submission is the great way to get backlinks and traffic for the website. But make sure it should be high DA/PA websites. otherwise, it is a wastage of time. Create proper business profiles on classified ads websites. Next, write fresh content for each classified ad.

You can buy and sell things --but that is what they are intended for.
For SEO Spam they are like link comments in WordPress posts ...

MI
Back