The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

DMOZ to directory.google.com

temi

affiliate
I have been waiting for two of my sites that were recently added to DMOZ to appear on directory.google.com for many weeks now.
Does anyone know how often Google directory import DMOZE contents?

Thanks
Temi

normally around twice a year, but don't expect it to happen anytime soon now as the Google directory is now more up to date than DMOZ after it crashed and lost a mountain of data.

Have you checked in the last few weeks to ensure your sites are still in DMOZ?

Also anyone who has sites pending should resubmit NOW as ALL the pending submissions were lost initially, and we do not know how many were retrieved.

Yes OWG, the site was added after the crash so its still there. What do you mean by Google directory being more up to date than DMOZ? DMOZ did not lose any old data, they were supposed to have lost only editors notes and some newly submitted websites.

bloody hell no . Dmoz lost a shed load of data, it crashed completely and had to be rebuilt from patches of data. It was touch and go whether or not they would get it back together.

Initially it was the editors side that crashed, then it went datawide. :(

Dmoz lost a shed load of data,

The only data lost was greens (unreviewed sites waiting to be checked) and reds (faulty listings, 404's etc) Yes sites and even entire cats dropped out of the public side but only for a short period of time. The editing side was hit big time but getting that back was delayed to prevent any further damage done and to let the guys in the know get on with repairs without editors doing rebuilds that were not needed.

With 'over 4 million sites - 74,719 editors and over 590,000 categories'

I'd say The Open Directory is very much OPEN :flipof:

MI
Back