The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Dirty Secret of Affiliate Networks.

codejacks

Hello all, Wish me welcome again. Codejacks is here.

Well before reading this, I would like you to know that I have worked with lot many people in this market and the parallel market and most thing people advice you out of the bucket is crap. I do not mean offense to anyone, I respect valued personals, but awry of few who really take the noobs granted to twist their minds.

"Hey, are you searching for a good performing offer, then pick 'Cleaner Master Android CPI', it has an an EPC of 3%""
"Starting from today the CPI rate of Dragons RPG will be raised to $1.8, don't miss this offer, run your campaigns."
"The Burst campaign of the month is live now, dont miss it, start pushing your traffic today"

Are these the types of messages you are getting from your Affiliate Managers?, sure nobody can deny that, and nowadays every Tom Rick and Harry starting a affiliate network, and every roadside romeo's who made their first $100 bucks announcing affiliate marketing mastermind clubs, its become a joke.

I've been running Mobile campaigns since 3-4 years, in whatever vertical you say, Installs,Games,APK's,PIN Submits, sweepstakes whatever, but always relied upon my own judgement to pick upon the offer rather than depending on the Affiliate Manager.

Even in discussion forums, groups or masterminds, the noobs always ask for which offer to pick up, and suddenly a new expert takes birth and says 'Ask your Affiliate Manager'. What a Bullshit, you expect a guy working on a salary on the same thing will be able to help you run a campaign and pick an offer. It it was the case he himself would have taken up that offer and without letting it go saturated, pumped up all gathered up sum to make hay.

I'm not insulting anybody here, but there are my reasons, as the truth behind this is different which I'm gonna let you know now.

There are three people involved in this business, (a) Game/App company, lets say Sourcers (b) Affiliate Network, lets say Dealer and the third (c) Ad network , lets call them Runners.

What these Sourcers do is they signup a IO with the Dealers that you should pump these many installs of our game for atleast 20 or 30 days, and that IO - I mean INSERTION ORDER is not a small amount, and its in the amount of minimum $20k per day. Note it not $100 or $500, its in thousands per day.

Next comes the link between affiliate marketing company's I mean Dealers and Runners. E.g AppAdsXYZ network contacts the Business Manager from Runner and signs up a IO to drive installs of the game/app daily with a daily budget of $10000 for atleast 30 days.
So the networks daily profit is $10k pure.

These budgets are not prepaid, but always gets only paid after the execution of the order, or in installments once in like a week or two.

Where do the publishers or the tiny affiliate marketers come into picture??
The Runners assign Individual Managers to each such Dealers and the job of these managers is to run the campaigns and optimize them to hell.
Well once the campaign is started by the Runners, after 2-3 days, it shows the capability of whether its a workable offer or a junk offer, and by that a decision is made and the budget gets reallocated to other new offers in pipeline from different Sourcers, and to balance the budget Affiliate Managers start pushing the marketers to run these campaigns for them.

If you think that your Affiliate Manager is giving you a golden nugget, its not always true.

Hello all, Wish me welcome again. Codejacks is here.

Well before reading this, I would like you to know that I have worked with lot many people in this market and the parallel market and most thing people advice you out of the bucket is crap. I do not mean offense to anyone, I respect valued personals, but awry of few who really take the noobs granted to twist their minds.

"Hey, are you searching for a good performing offer, then pick 'Cleaner Master Android CPI', it has an an EPC of 3%""
"Starting from today the CPI rate of Dragons RPG will be raised to $1.8, don't miss this offer, run your campaigns."
"The Burst campaign of the month is live now, dont miss it, start pushing your traffic today"

Are these the types of messages you are getting from your Affiliate Managers?, sure nobody can deny that, and nowadays every Tom Rick and Harry starting a affiliate network, and every roadside romeo's who made their first $100 bucks announcing affiliate marketing mastermind clubs, its become a joke.

I've been running Mobile campaigns since 3-4 years, in whatever vertical you say, Installs,Games,APK's,PIN Submits, sweepstakes whatever, but always relied upon my own judgement to pick upon the offer rather than depending on the Affiliate Manager.

Even in discussion forums, groups or masterminds, the noobs always ask for which offer to pick up, and suddenly a new expert takes birth and says 'Ask your Affiliate Manager'. What a Bullshit, you expect a guy working on a salary on the same thing will be able to help you run a campaign and pick an offer. It it was the case he himself would have taken up that offer and without letting it go saturated, pumped up all gathered up sum to make hay.

I'm not insulting anybody here, but there are my reasons, as the truth behind this is different which I'm gonna let you know now.

There are three people involved in this business, (a) Game/App company, lets say Sourcers (b) Affiliate Network, lets say Dealer and the third (c) Ad network , lets call them Runners.

What these Sourcers do is they signup a IO with the Dealers that you should pump these many installs of our game for atleast 20 or 30 days, and that IO - I mean INSERTION ORDER is not a small amount, and its in the amount of minimum $20k per day. Note it not $100 or $500, its in thousands per day.

Next comes the link between affiliate marketing company's I mean Dealers and Runners. E.g AppAdsXYZ network contacts the Business Manager from Runner and signs up a IO to drive installs of the game/app daily with a daily budget of $10000 for atleast 30 days.
So the networks daily profit is $10k pure.

These budgets are not prepaid, but always gets only paid after the execution of the order, or in installments once in like a week or two.

Where do the publishers or the tiny affiliate marketers come into picture??
The Runners assign Individual Managers to each such Dealers and the job of these managers is to run the campaigns and optimize them to hell.
Well once the campaign is started by the Runners, after 2-3 days, it shows the capability of whether its a workable offer or a junk offer, and by that a decision is made and the budget gets reallocated to other new offers in pipeline from different Sourcers, and to balance the budget Affiliate Managers start pushing the marketers to run these campaigns for them.

If you think that your Affiliate Manager is giving you a golden nugget, its not always true.

Welcome back man. Great to see you here again.
What your saying is true. I am sure every Tom, Dick and Harry is told to run a UCBrowser, CleanMaster, 360 Security etc you also need to use brains as well.

This industry is filled with a lot shit, the people that make it are the ones that look past this.

But if its performing well for others and is one of the major offers on the network means its converts and if others can make money so can you.

For this reason its important to build a relationship with your AM. Most of us in the industry don't know the Networking itself is huge advantage.
AMs can help you in more ways since they can see whats happening behind the scenes. They give you access to exclusive offers, better starting payouts, access to latest offers that have just launched, etc list goes on and on.
Treat your AM like a friend and build a relation with them. ;)

Last edited:
Lovey, dude, I've great respect to my dearest AM's from my dearest networks, and this is only applicable only for 60% of those who mislead the noobs.
I just received birthday wishes on skype at midnight few days back from a lot of my AM friends and few wonderful gifts too at my doorstep.That's the type of relation I maintain with them.
Since I'm here in UK now, I have had chance to meet few of them too, on a light note.
beer_mug_icon1.png

I believe that the affiliate business is like any other business. Same as you have telemarketers calling you with every "great" product they have, same with affiliate managers and network trying to promote their offers. In the end, i do business with people and not an affiliate site or a website.

Affiliates are people and if you treat them well and gain a relationship then you get the best result in the long term. It´s amazing how far you can get if you team up with someone that has the same goal as you, often to make money.

Same thing that employees usually works for the boss and not the company.

Dear Robaxe,

The context of my post, you didnt understand.

1. This was not - to bash AM.
2. This was not - to blame networks.
3. This was not - to demotivate affiliate marketers.

Actually, my post morally means.

1. Affiliate Marketers should start big, think big and use brains.
2. Affiliate Marketers should self analyze the markets for proper offer to run.

Normally, the people who visit digitalpoint, warriorforums, blackhat forum, hyip toplists, are the ones that jump finally into Affiliate marketing, and they think its a job of 2-5 dollars to get started here. I dont say everyone, but those who say 'I have no money, I want to earn $10 a day' type of chaps.

They end up learning all BS like blackhat, youtube videos uploading, blog page creating, facebook spamming, instagram junking and finally lose their money and sod off.

I really see no future for such people in AM. This is actually a serious business, not a childs play.

Dear Robaxe,

The context of my post, you didnt understand.

1. This was not - to bash AM.
2. This was not - to blame networks.
3. This was not - to demotivate affiliate marketers.

I understood and I agree with a lot in your first post. I liked it, also why I replied.

I just wanted to add that I think that the Affiliate business is not different to any other business. Take a car sales company. You can either sell a crappy car and the customer won´t come back and the car sales company would probably not make money in the long run. If they work on building relationships then it will take more time and hard work but they will make more money long term.

More or less I agree with you - just wanted to add my point of view :)

MI
Back