Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Direct linking, or Landing Page?

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
What do you guys find has the best results with PPV?

PPV is the only source i haven't really mastered yet, i guess i see the pre pop as a kinda landing page in itself but do you have more success with a landing page also?

ALWAYS do it with LP, even if it's email submit.. You'll have all the flexibility to test, tweak, rinse and repeat.

As xapuc says, I've always worked with LP's on PPV.
I've heard people start off with DL first to test it out. I've always like to have more control, able to test and tweak to see what works faster.

As xapuc says, I've always worked with LP's on PPV.
I've heard people start off with DL first to test it out. I've always like to have more control, able to test and tweak to see what works faster.
Have you had much success with PPV? if so id be interested to seeing some guides etc from you and maybe a future mod spot?

As K said We could love some examples or case studies from you. Thanks for your input as I have been one to always direct link and have no control if the vistor will fill the offer maybe i can go with landingpages and give them some more interest in the product or offer.

Have you had much success with PPV? if so id be interested to seeing some guides etc from you and maybe a future mod spot?

I do have some campaigns that are still hits. but I've had many more campaigns that didn't go anywhere. I'm not much help on guides, it pretty much learn as i go. and you never stop learning new. always tweaking and testing.

Will look into finding time to post some tips & guides when i have time.
casestudy Ill look into trying out posting one day.

I do have some campaigns that are still hits. but I've had many more campaigns that didn't go anywhere. I'm not much help on guides, it pretty much learn as i go. and you never stop learning new. always tweaking and testing.

Will look into finding time to post some tips & guides when i have time.
casestudy Ill look into trying out posting one day.
Thanks, it would be cool if next time you created a campaign you maybe talk us through it and its growth on here :)

Landing page works for me. You can try to have a squeeze page first then directly email them the LP to get them in the flow.

I usually use a landing page of my own. I've tried pre-popping and list building and that seems to work okay. Lately I've been testing just building a flashy banner and pushing through with that. It's doing okay, but definitely could use some more testing. Here is an example:

Looks good Luke, so you push them through to this banner and then onto the offer page?

Looks like a good example there Luke.

When I had a test on PPV I did similar to above and DL for a small test before implementing 2 landing pages to test. I haven't ventured enough in to PPV to know a lot though!

Always use landing pages for a few reasons:

1. You can build your own list in the process
2. If the offer disappears you can just plug in a new offer
3. you can do better testing, tracking and tweaking

As mentioned above there are many benefits to using a landing page, far more than direct linking. Direct linking can be great to test the waters but it doesn't hold much benefit even if it is successful as it will be harder to scale without implementing a landing page anyway.

Some brilliant tips in this thread, keep them coming!

Generally I like to test Direct Linked first (if the DL will get approved), to see if the offer will show any potential on my targeting ideas. Even just a conversion or two to start, something to give me the motivation to build out landing pages, test different versions, remake pages, test new angles, etc. The exception to this is if I am targeting a very specific angle that I had an idea for that the Direct Link doesnt fit at all without a presell from a landing page, or if I am targeting extremely high volume sites and mimicking the layout to increase interest.

Exception to landers in general for me is game offers, I typically Direct Link games, Ive found I cant really design anything better than the gaming advertiser themselves make, and typically direct linking shows better results for me anyway on gaming offers.

MI
Back