The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Difference in CPC counts between 7search and max bounty

MartingaleMedia

affiliate
Hey guys. Appreciate everyone's insights.

I'm seeing a fairly large discrepancy between the count of clicks paid for at 7 search and the count of clicks showing up at max bounty.

I'm doing a direct link, so there should be a 1:1 ratio. I know time zones could sway the numbers but the difference seems to large.

Right now I paid for 78 clicks and 36 are showing at max bounty. One of them is wrong.

What do you Guys suggest I do?

Thanks for any help.

JB

Are you using a tracker or just direct linking without a way to check the stats on your own?
If the difference is really big you could contact both your manager at 7search to ask for a click report along with your Max Bounty manager.

There is a chance that MaxBounty isn't counting the duplicate clicks.

Also, as servandosilva suggested, it can be a problem with your tracking software.

Hate to say it but right now I'm not using tracking. I know I should be, but haven't ironed out how to get all of that setup. Given this is a direct link from 7 search to max bounty, what recommendations do you have on the tracking setup?

I'll reach out to the AM at both. Will update when I get more info.

Any feedback on the correct tracking setup would be great.

Thank you guys.

JB

2 more ideas:

- If your time zones are way out of sync, like 10 or 12 hours, and you are looking at day 1 data, then ~50% difference could make sense.
- I would double check that you are not buying clicks from a country which is not allowed for the offer.

Hurts to omit this...but newbie mistake. The offer was limited to US only . My clicks were international. They only counted the US clicks received. The frustrating part though is that they typically say restrictions of the campaign in the description of traffic allowed. Since it wasn't in the description I overlooked it. You live and learn. At $0.05 a click on 60 clicks, only $3.00 mistake.

Also any help on this thread would be great:
Best source for health continuity media buys? | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Thank you. JB

Last edited:
Setup Prosper202 on your hosting service. It's a tracking machine! As long as it's setup correctly, it will show you all the essentials that will help you to weed out the poor producers and get you on the track to success.

Also, I like Maxbounty, but their tracking system kind'a sucks. Peerfly has a nice tracking system. However Prosper202 can track just about any aff link, just have to know how to rig it up.

Setup Prosper202 on your hosting service. It's a tracking machine! As long as it's setup correctly, it will show you all the essentials that will help you to weed out the poor producers and get you on the track to success.

Also, I like Maxbounty, but their tracking system kind'a sucks. Peerfly has a nice tracking system. However Prosper202 can track just about any aff link, just have to know how to rig it up.
Thanks Jamesr. I'll take a look. All the best.

...Also, I've found that the instructions proclaim that once all files installed, then browsing to that sub domain and it'll execute. This was not the case in my experience....

I had to browse to http://subdomain.domainname.com/202-config/install.php in order to get it to start the setup process. Once I did that, everything else came together.

Just be sure to setup your database/user/pass prior to installing prosper202...

Hope this helps..?

MI
Back