The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Gold Diary of a rookie affiliate (the road to $1000 a day)

Wow, congratulations, that's fantastic! Didn't take you very long, either.

Re campaign pauses/stops...doesn't that piss you off? It usually happens right after I've published a blog post on it. :)

Wow, this is some really inspiring stuff. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)
I am doing ppv right now but will get into mobile very soon. :D

Wow, congratulations, that's fantastic! Didn't take you very long, either.

Re campaign pauses/stops...doesn't that piss you off? It usually happens right after I've published a blog post on it. :)

Yeah it does a little, but i try not to let it get to me as its just part of the game.

Just got to keep pushing forward i believe that everything will work out in the end.

Yeah it does a little, but i try not to let it get to me as its just part of the game.

Just got to keep pushing forward i believe that everything will work out in the end.

I meant that mostly tongue-in-cheek. It is part of the game, you're right. I found out pretty quickly that you have to keep up with the offers and just keep things moving as best you can.

Any more news on your case study?

When it rains it F***KING pours

Wow its been a tough 3 weeks probably the toughest since i started this whole affiliate marketing mission of mine.

I didn't get paid my affiliate commissions for almost 3 weeks (its normally paid weekly) because of payment detail complications (had change to wire) and the fact that my AM was on holiday made things even more difficult, so i had like literally NO money as i had pumped it all into my successful campaigns.

I had already lost 2 offers and 1 had the pay out reduced but then i get an email saying that my BEST converting offer and also the one i was banking the most with was getting stopped so it was literally back to square one.

On top of all this the job i was supposed to start didn't end up materializing which kind of pissed me of a bit as well… oh well when it rains it pours.
The fear of falling off is the only thing that can take your faith

It was real hard going from a $200 day to like $10 in the space of a week especially since i thought i was on a roll, anyway it was then that i decided that just relying on 1 affiliate network was a BAD idea and that i should start spreading my campaigns across 2 or even 3 different networks as a way of dealing with the volatility of these affiliate offers.

I joined 2 new affiliate networks and spent a whole day going through their offers as well as futhermiobi’s, i also got my AMs to send the best converting offers based on EPC and i built a short list of potential offers and started to test different variations of landing pages and offers.

I even decided to experiment with more complex landing pages but like a thought the KISS landing pages always performed 5x better.

What I’m listening to right now

God meant me to push a Bentley

It only took me about 2 days to find out which combination of my new landing pages and offers had the most potential, this was probably because i had the experience of using the traffic sources already and understood what type of audience i was targeting.

This was the point where i realized that to become really successful at paid advertising you have to be able understand and monetize traffic sources because once you understand how a specific traffic source works and its type of audience that's like 50% of the work done the other 50% is just finding the right landing page and offer combination.

In the last 3 days things have started to pick up again, i had a personal target of hitting $200 a day for 7 days consecutively by the end of march and i know i can still hit that target.

Food for thought

The codewise guys have added some new features to Voluum its becoming a beast of a tracking system. I actually cant wait to start paying for it as crazy as that sounds.

takemymoney_zpsdv9wckgr.jpg

The most important technical thing i have learned these past few weeks was when i tested out the new rules feature in Voluum and the double meta refresh option used to cloak your landing pages. What i learned was REDIRECTS KILL conversion rate especially on mobile, not 100% sure why this is could just be that mobiles process redirects slower who knows.

Anyway below is my earnings for this month so far, its not as good as the same point last month but am bringing it back bit by bit after all the setbacks so i'm happy. With all the lessons I've learned i know that the next few months will be good ones.

16-02-2014_zpsybjweweq.jpg

Attachments

• 16-02-2014.jpg
    16-02-2014.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,207
  • takemymoney.jpg
    takemymoney.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited:
Firstly thank you for the praise, we're working hard to really turn Voluum into a gnarly beast! :)

In regards to the double meta refresh, from what I understand this causes big issues with mobile traffic due to the fact that many mobile browsers don't support meta refresh. We'll investigate the technical side of this further but for the time being I recommend using the regular 302 redirect. I'll let you know what I find.

In regards to the double meta refresh, from what I understand this causes big issues with mobile traffic due to the fact that many mobile browsers don't support meta refresh. We'll investigate the technical side of this further but for the time being I recommend using the regular 302 redirect. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Yeah that's what i have decided to do for the time being :)

Cool i'm very interested to see what you find out.

The comeback king

Wow how time fly’s were already in March and its my birthday in 10 days, theirs just not enough time in the day is there?

So February started of as a very rough month for me as you all know but i managed to stay focused and grinded my fucking ass off building, testing and optimizing new campaigns am talking 12/14 hour days and to be honest i loved every minute of it you never really know what you're capable of until you got your back against the wall & bills to pay.

“It ain't about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” - Rocky-

That quote there, yep the one above, pretty much sums up the HOLE of February for me.

Even tho at the start of the month i felt like everything was going against me i pushed forward and kept my faith in the game and man did i learn some IMPORTANT lessons.

I feel an incredible sense of amazement and increased confidence that i can really become hugely successful in this affiliate game, like one of the best to ever to do it, its all about that inch by inch progress that 0.01% improvement everyday in the way i work because in the end it all adds up.

I beat my last months profits by $300 even tho i had a much WORSE start to the month :)

feb_zpsmylvsugb.jpg

Nobody can achieve success alone

I have really learned the importance of good affiliate managers these past few weeks. You know the ones that that skype you with the latest offers in your vertical, let you know how much volume you need to send to get a pay bump, confirm how much you made last week to make sure you get paid right, yeah those kinds of affiliate managers.

They just make life for an affiliate so much easier. I mean some of these networks have 100s of offers and are getting new ones in EVERYDAY so it becomes tough to keep track of it all, especially when you're getting emails from 5 or more networks with all kinds of offers lol.

You don't lose money you buy data

I think the most important paradigm shift i have had is that in affiliate marketing if you're doing it right you never really lose money you just collect data and based on your ability to assess that data you take appropriate action that will best help you monetize the information you've acquired and as long as you're afraid to pay for data you can never really succeed in this game.

Its not about achieving your dream... but what you become in the process

My March goal is to get to $5000 net profit that's about 4x what i made in February i think that's just about achievable but i know it'll be a little challenging, i guess that's what makes it fun.

Am not gonna bother looking for a job any more as its takes time from my affiliate marketing and after handing out over 30 CV's i think my time is just better spent trying to scale my campaigns up.

Alright i think I've rambled on long enough so I'm just gonna leave you with what i’m listening to right now.

Stereo Sun (Feat. Eric Turner) - Tinchy Stryder

Work smart, grind hard, and enjoy life

Attachments

• feb.jpg
    feb.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,476
Last edited:
Hey Buddy,

You are one of the most inspirational people here on Affiliate Fix. Thanks for keeping us informed and congratulations for those $$$$. :)

Awesome stuff. Total newb here but realized I am most interested in mobile and am hoping to launch my first campaign soon. Reading this helped. I'll be following along.

Wow, seems like you're really getting a grip on the game! Congrats on your progress and thank for keeping us updated.

By the way things are looking now, you'll never have to "work" another day in your life! Like the chorus says in this song:

[video=youtube;jE7Zv6d-HUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7Zv6d-HUA[/video]

Wow, seems like you're really getting a grip on the game! Congrats on your progress and thank for keeping us updated.

By the way things are looking now, you'll never have to "work" another day in your life! Like the chorus says in this song:

Haha sweet track :)

And thanks guys for the support.

any updates so far mate :)

The best motivational Thread in the whole forum :)

and which traffic sources are good for mobile offers :)

Last edited:
MI
Back