The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Decisive No conversions

koalahood

Hey guys,

I've recently decided to enter the world of mobile marketing. I looked around this forum and saw Decisive could be a good choice as a starting traffic source, I signed up at furthermobi and started to try and test offers from various countries. The thing is, after multiple campaigns and different offers, none of them converted, I mean, if I spend let's say 10$ on a 0,35cent payout and I get no conversions at all. I'm direct linking to see if the offer converts first. I would like to continue putting budget in some offers but how can I optmize when no conversions are made. Is it the traffic source?

Thank you guys

Try split testing with a LP. Sometimes you need that LP to push/entice the user into converting. It also depends on the offer page if you're direct linking. If the offer page doesn't really say much, then the user has no reason to convert.

I'm going to buy vps hosting soon, I'm getting my feet wet currently and seeing no conversions on app installs makes me sad xD But yea, landing pages will be in my game soon, going to create them using Adobe Muse

Hey guys,

I've recently decided to enter the world of mobile marketing. I looked around this forum and saw Decisive could be a good choice as a starting traffic source, I signed up at furthermobi and started to try and test offers from various countries. The thing is, after multiple campaigns and different offers, none of them converted, I mean, if I spend let's say 10$ on a 0,35cent payout and I get no conversions at all. I'm direct linking to see if the offer converts first. I would like to continue putting budget in some offers but how can I optmize when no conversions are made. Is it the traffic source?

Thank you guys

I am also on Decisive and it comes highly recommended on multiple forums and premium spaces. I dont think its the traffic source. I have had conversions, though none of my campaigns are even yet. Still testing.

There are multiple factors that lead into conversion, so it could be one of these:
  • bids
  • angles
  • images (pictures, headlines, call to actions, etc.)
  • landing pages (style, headlines, landing page tricks)
  • placements
  • targeting
  • offers (different offers, going direct, getting a higher payout)
Try a different angle and a different banner and use CPM instead of Smart CPM and set your bid above the suggested average (via the planner) to see if you can get placed on the more competitive sites and see if that helps. Also wait till you get 500+ clicks over an entire day before you reach a conclusion. The offer I tested before only converted in the afternoon and late night hours.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I am also on Decisive and it comes highly recommended on multiple forums and premium spaces. I dont think its the traffic source. I have had conversions, though none of my campaigns are even yet. Still testing.

There are multiple factors that lead into conversion, so it could be one of these:
  • bids
  • angles
  • images (pictures, headlines, call to actions, etc.)
  • landing pages (style, headlines, landing page tricks)
  • placements
  • targeting
  • offers (different offers, going direct, getting a higher payout)
Try a different angle and a different banner and use CPM instead of Smart CPM and set your bid above the suggested average (via the planner) to see if you can get placed on the more competitive sites and see if that helps. Also wait till you get 500+ clicks over an entire day before you reach a conclusion. The offer I tested before only converted in the afternoon and late night hours.

Good luck!

Hey captain,

I saw multiple posts from you talking about Decisive on this forum, and in my head I was like..we are in the same boat.
I deposited 200$ on Decisive, tried multiple offers with low payouts, nothing. Let's say I have an offer of $0,5 payout, I'll put 10$ on it and see if I get a conversion, if I don't, I drop and go the next one. Still on decisive tho. My most recent campaign was a Android Poker App in Thailand, I won 70% on the traffic with my bid, for 20$ I got 2760 clicks but no conversions. I'm not asking to be profitable or even break even, I just wanna see 1 conversion, see that their traffic converts. I mean, look at the scenario, it's pretty straightforward, even more for app installs. The app is promoted in Thailand but the banners with the offer were in english, told myself, let's try it! People see the poker ad in english and they click on it, meaning it caught their attention at least, but the fact 2700 person decided to click and not even install it/open it is beyond me. I don't know.

Thinking about trying a different traffic source for the moment, I know I need to keep trying with one traffic source and stick with it or else, like you said in another post, the paradox of choices comes to mind. Thinkinh about trying TapIt, Mobicow or mMedia.

What do you think?

Edit: I'm always using their CPM Model. And direct linkin to see if at least it converts!

Khood

Hey captain,

I saw multiple posts from you talking about Decisive on this forum, and in my head I was like..we are in the same boat.
I deposited 200$ on Decisive, tried multiple offers with low payouts, nothing. Let's say I have an offer of $0,5 payout, I'll put 10$ on it and see if I get a conversion, if I don't, I drop and go the next one. Still on decisive tho. My most recent campaign was a Android Poker App in Thailand, I won 70% on the traffic with my bid, for 20$ I got 2760 clicks but no conversions. I'm not asking to be profitable or even break even, I just wanna see 1 conversion, see that their traffic converts. I mean, look at the scenario, it's pretty straightforward, even more for app installs. The app is promoted in Thailand but the banners with the offer were in english, told myself, let's try it! People see the poker ad in english and they click on it, meaning it caught their attention at least, but the fact 2700 person decided to click and not even install it/open it is beyond me. I don't know.

Thinking about trying a different traffic source for the moment, I know I need to keep trying with one traffic source and stick with it or else, like you said in another post, the paradox of choices comes to mind. Thinkinh about trying TapIt, Mobicow or mMedia.

What do you think?

Edit: I'm always using their CPM Model. And direct linkin to see if at least it converts!

Khood

Look man. I am too new to give you any sort of usable advice. But like you said, we are on the same boat and I am struggling with Decisive myself and is yet to breakeven. Here is what I know. Let me put them out there:

1. Decisive comes highly recommended from multiple reliable sources. If it worked for them, it should work for us.
2. They show where you are getting your traffic from. There is transparency which I understand is not something you get from everywhere. I might be wrong.
3. Their support staff responds. I mean, we are shit to most of these Advertising networks. We are going against people who spend over 1000$ a day. So I think that is something.
4. They are new and growing. They have to provide its first users with quality traffic to get good feedback. I might be wrong.
5. The team seems to be driven. Did some background research.
6. Dont ask me how, but I found out that Utility apps and Sweepstakes have worked with Decisive.

For me, I spent over 90$ on a single offer and made 8 conversions. That's -92% ROI. But at least it worked. So for the time being I am sticking with Decisive. Someone know something I don't know. And I am determined to figure that out.

As to your case, I have come to the understanding that clicks mean nothing. One of my Ad had a CTR of over 5%. Consistently. All my other Ads had CTR's around 1% and I thought I found a winner with that ad. But I was wrong. Lots of clicks, zero conversions.

From this list: List of countries by English-speaking population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia only 27% of the population of Thailand speaks English. So using English adverts was not the best idea I think. I would suggest that you stick to a country where they have a lot of English speaking population. Thats what I am doing now at least.

Mobile users have much lesser tolerance to disappointment and have very low attention span. So maybe they were curious of your Ad, they clicked it, soon it wasn't something they expected. They are out. Think of this, you are waiting in queue for the movies, you see an Ad, you click it, and the landing page wasn't what you expected (there had no idea that they were going to install an app), you are out. We have all done that. We all hit back when your Android asks you if you want to open the link in Play Store or the browser. That is still counted as a click.

Here is my suggestion for you. And mind it, I haven't made my first profitable campaign yet, so this doesn't mean much. For now anyways. Still.

- Pick an offer that is in English and that is doing volume. Ask your Affiliate Manager for help.
- Pick a country that has a lot of English speaking population. Use the wiki link.
- Try it again. If you have balance left in Decisive, use it. If not go for Mobicow. I am told that App Installs work there. But then again, depends on your country and a lot of variables. Sigh. If it was me, I would still stick with Decisive. Then again, no conversion after 200$ is hard to digest. mMedia is a recommendation from Dr. Ngo, so maybe that one too. Sigh. Flip a coin.

Hope you have proper tracking. Good luck mate.

Hey guys,

Thank you guys
May be some basic stuff but did you try opening your link in your mobile? May be/ just a doubt/ you are pointing to wrong affiliate link?

Regarding Decisive, I see everyone saying Decisive is reputed and all.. but can someone point to a post on this forum where someone said they got positive ROI? I didn't find any till now. All I see is everyone saying that they "heard" Decisive is good

Regarding Decisive, I see everyone saying Decisive is reputed and all.. but can someone point to a post on this forum where someone said they got positive ROI? I didn't find any till now. All I see is everyone saying that they "heard" Decisive is good

Good point! all the more reason to be the first one to report a positive ROI!

Thank you captain for your big answer haha I'll be sticking to Decisive for now, and at the moment on the $200, only used 70, so I'm still at 130 or something. Those are great advices and as you said you got conversions. Yea the support is great on skype. Don't worry got my tracking all set up, something strange tho, on my tracker it says 2700 clicks but on my cpa network they only recorded 600, talked about it with my AM said he would look into it.

You seem very determined, keep at it man

Thank you captain for your big answer haha I'll be sticking to Decisive for now, and at the moment on the $200, only used 70, so I'm still at 130 or something. Those are great advices and as you said you got conversions. Yea the support is great on skype. Don't worry got my tracking all set up, something strange tho, on my tracker it says 2700 clicks but on my cpa network they only recorded 600, talked about it with my AM said he would look into it.

That difference could be because of people leaving after clicking but when they are asked on their phone to choose between Play Store v/s Browser. Fits my previous theory.

are you using your own LP?
if you do, check their speed i know there's some google tool that could test the page for u and grade it.
less then 10 kb less then 3 sec and your're clear. that's atleast what i heard 'bout it.

are you using your own LP?
if you do, check their speed i know there's some google tool that could test the page for u and grade it.
less then 10 kb less then 3 sec and your're clear. that's atleast what i heard 'bout it.

Here are the tools I use:

- Website speed test
- GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization

The Google Tool is Google PageSpeed I believe. Less than 10kb is a bit too tight IMO. We are talking about a landing page with no images.

Honestly i never made money on decisive. My best lp with 8% conversions on other traffic source can't even break even on decisive. People mostly direct link their ads to google play store, honestly i don't even know how they make money.

Checkout the Dr Ngo traffic source list. He has good recommendations. Also You might be able to find a 400 traffic source list circulating around.

sent about 500 clicks to an offer that converts around 12% on another network. zero conversions. which is weird. but then again...i've tried the same offer on other networks and never converted either. so it's like this offer only happens to convert on this one network but not on another. go figure.

still have funds in decisive...so going to try some other types of offers and see.

also..if you use the planner...the total impressions is including WIFI so if your offer doesn't include wifi, you can't really count that wifi volume.

banners
Back