The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Delyte

affiliate
So part two of my 3 step process for getting started involves creating a niche site (or sites) based on putting in the hard work and time required to general real, organic, free traffic.

So deciding on a niche is one of the most important parts of that process. One niche that interests me is gaming gear. So I'd be blogging about / reviewing various gamer gear from headphones, keyboards, monitors, to speakers, mice, and PC components. The problem is that when I search google for "top gaming keyboards" or anything similar, the first 2 pages are packed with websites that all get millions of views. The one exception I could find was bestthinbezelmonitor.com which got about 20k views this month.

Is this a realistic goal to try and rank on these types of searches? Is page 2 or even page 3 (but on a wide variety of topics in the gaming gear niche) eventually going to be able to generate hundreds per month when I have no budget to work with?

Any advice would be well received.

Although I see how you can think of gaming gear as a Micro Niche in itself, based on the apparent competition, ( I'm assuming your traffic estimates for your Target competitors is accurate obviously I didn't check it) you might want to consider narrowing it down even further perhaps to a specific brand of gaming gear that you are partial to and building your keywords around that . Doing this will make you rank higher for the keywords that you choose because there will be less competition for them and you will be much more likely to lbe found because as a new blog going up against competitors they get millions of views or even twenty thousand would create an impossible uphill battle that you really can't overcome without working out a ridiculous amount of money in AdWords which going about it the way I said would become unnecessary always remember you want to be a big fish in a small pond not a reasonably sized fish in a giant ocean or even a whale in an ocean the more you can narrow down your niche the more likely you are to dominate it

Although I see how you can think of gaming gear as a Micro Niche in itself, based on the apparent competition, ( I'm assuming your traffic estimates for your Target competitors is accurate obviously I didn't check it) you might want to consider narrowing it down even further perhaps to a specific brand of gaming gear that you are partial to and building your keywords around that . Doing this will make you rank higher for the keywords that you choose because there will be less competition for them and you will be much more likely to lbe found because as a new blog going up against competitors they get millions of views or even twenty thousand would create an impossible uphill battle that you really can't overcome without working out a ridiculous amount of money in AdWords which going about it the way I said would become unnecessary always remember you want to be a big fish in a small pond not a reasonably sized fish in a giant ocean or even a whale in an ocean the more you can narrow down your niche the more likely you are to dominate it

I don't think of it as a micro niche at all, my point was that it does seem a bit too big, but my idea was to diversify a bit targeting lots of different gaming niches and hopefully make it onto the ~2nd page for a few. Was just trying to decide if this was too ambitious for someone planning on only driving free traffic or if I should narrow it down further as you suggested. I can't really imagine making a website only about gaming keyboards, so I'd probably more readily change my idea for the niche than narrow it down, since most of these specific types of gaming gear lists are probably too big to compete with. So basically is it feasibly profitable to target a bunch of aspects of the gamer gear niche in the hopes of landing on page 2 or 3 on some of them, or should I just choose a more narrow niche to start?

With your analogy of any website about gaming keyboards being more than a little silly however a brand specific Micro Niche site right now for example one on specifically Logitech gaming gear which can cover a broad spectrum or cougar gaming gear or ozone gaming gear etcetera something that can cover a broad spectrum of types of products and also has within that same brand different model variations as well and due to the brand specificity not only will you find those people searching for those keywords because he there they are loyalists or they have already purchased one item within that particular product line and want to know about compatible devices so inevitably traffic but you will also find a lot less competition if you were to go to that news that would probably be the only good way to go about it at least as far as I can see

I do think you should not be scare with the numbers that you are seeing. I am so sure that all people that you are seeing their websites ranking on the first page were where you are today. And because the took a risk, they have been able to compete well in the market. When you see a niche that is worthy your investment, then you need to grab it. Rome was not built in a single day. Put up strategies that will help you get to the top easily. I do think it is the only thing to do.

So part two of my 3 step process for getting started involves creating a niche site (or sites) based on putting in the hard work and time required to general real, organic, free traffic.

So deciding on a niche is one of the most important parts of that process. One niche that interests me is gaming gear. So I'd be blogging about / reviewing various gamer gear from headphones, keyboards, monitors, to speakers, mice, and PC components. The problem is that when I search google for "top gaming keyboards" or anything similar, the first 2 pages are packed with websites that all get millions of views. The one exception I could find was bestthinbezelmonitor.com which got about 20k views this month.

Is this a realistic goal to try and rank on these types of searches? Is page 2 or even page 3 (but on a wide variety of topics in the gaming gear niche) eventually going to be able to generate hundreds per month when I have no budget to work with?

Any advice would be well received.

Good day! I was able to see your message and I want to share my opinion on this.:)

Here are the steps I've taken when I decided in choosing a niche to make money online:

1. Be sensitive on the what your target market wants and create a distinctive and creative niche according to their demand.
2. If your planning to use an existing niche, find a way to specialize things. For instance, if you plan to go for the fashion niche, then you must dig in deeper until you'll be able to find a area where you can specialize in.
3. Check out the number of competitors that you have with respect to the niche you wish to choose and try to assess whether you have what it takes to compete with them.
4. Focus on the things you are passionate about and it will lead you to the right niche
5. Partner with a reputable company who can provide you the best affiliate tools you can use to make your website profitable in the long run...

Hope these tips will be able to help you...;)

You can definitely try.

You do not have to be a top ranking websites to be able to get conversions.

Focus on building a list at first, that is really all that should matter when you start an affiliate business. Once you develop a good list you can concentrate your energies more on ranking your website by learning about SEO.

The money is in the list!

To your success,
JC

banners
Back