The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Decided to try a media buy campaign.... Any advise? (with pics)

DennisKnows

Get your fix Ninja!
I did a media buy before and it failed miserably but at the time I knew nothing about demographics. I was basically selling ice to Eskimos with my offer on how to make money online.

Yesterday I was browsing the web and somehow came up on a Christian website that looked like they had their stuff together.

After browsing the site, I saw they were updating regularly and were voted one of the top christian sites online one year.

Then I saw "advertise $25 month"

I immediately thought about Christian dating but thinking of an offer for a site before seeing demographics is not the way to go. Comment if you agree.

I went to quantcast and my eyes got big and I saw that I would have been completey off off with dating.

A nice chunk of their traffic is women between the ages 45 and 65+ with a majority making 50k+ a year which means they have money to spend on looking beautiful.
Screen Shot 2012-06-06 at 9.04.47 AM.jpg

I decided to buy the ad space for the $25. Site owner says he gets around 200k hits a month so I'm hoping he's pretty honest :rolleyes:

Here's a snap of my completion

Screen Shot 2012-06-06 at 9.08.09 AM.jpg

And here's a pic of my 125x125 banner.

wrinkles.png

Should I go for something different to draw more attention? If I make one sale, I get my money back and more but I'm confident I can get way more than 1 sale..

I uploaded the image to my Server and I'm using p202 to track clicks.

I read that I need to track impressions also. Is this possible with p202?

I'm not diving into media buying as of yet. This just seemed to be a deal I couldn't refuse as it seemed all the pieces were in place.

Any advise to make this a more successful campaign than I already presume it will be, please throw it in the mixing pot.

Re: Decided to try a media buy campaign.... Any advise? (with pi

I love how quickly you take action - very good, one bit of advice is stick to one type of traffic until you have it profitable but i agree with you this looks a nice opportunity. I would never throw out an add regardless of price if i haven't seen traffic stats and proof - ask him to add you to analytics. Your banner is ok, as its simple BUT may be a subject of banner blindness - due to people recurring visits and always seeing those colours so they may skip past it....are you allowed animation? I would test 3 or 4 banner over the week and also try one or two offers.......im sure there are some elderly singles christian offers out there?

Anyway good luck mate looking forward to seeing stats!

Another hint is to ask the guy when going direct for a trial week at a discount, sure $25 isn't much but in a bigger scale!

Re: Decided to try a media buy campaign.... Any advise? (with pi

Thanks K. I'm going to stay focused on POF and 7search right now. I just hopped on this after seeing the demographics and the price. It's one of those set it and forget it campaigns. Either it works or it doesn't. I've heard media buying will drain funds fast so this is the last traffic source I will dive into.

Great stuff tho. I found a guy on Fiverr that's making me a gif banner. If he does a good job, I'll be sure to mention him on here .

I'll try another offer too.

Thanks for them great advise K

banners
Back