The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Datafeed In Forum?

Phil Carson

affiliate
Hi!

I'm curious - is there a way to utilize the datafeeds available on SAS in a forum? I currently use Xenforo 1.5 hosted on Siteground.

Wow... But that's what I asked for. No pre-built add-ons that I can buy, I guess. This is pretty affiliate specific (obviously), and probably not cost effective for most Xenforo external developers to try to market.

Hi!

I'm curious - is there a way to utilize the datafeeds available on SAS in a forum? I currently use Xenforo 1.5 hosted on Siteground.

Sure -- parse the data and INSERT or UPDATE into the database tables.
What is the data like ^datafeeds available on SAS" XML, JSON, CSV ?
  • You would need to normalize the data to use the existing tables' formats.
  • You would need SSH access to the user account and the correct database (MySQL) login.
  • Then there is the matter of scripting the display of the data -- where and how you want it.
  • Not a simple task but definitely doable.

Graybeard, Feb 12, 2018

Wow... But that's what I asked for. No pre-built add-ons that I can buy, I guess. This is pretty affiliate specific (obviously), and probably not cost effective for most Xenforo external developers to try to market.

Your question is interesting to me for the reason I read your other post and you mentioned that you had vendor paid subscriptions for sub-forums. I have an ulterior motive in being on this Affiliatefix forum -- I want to see how the paid functions are working as this is part of my business plan of creating a paid social network for the construction industry -- I was a state licensed residential builder for many years.

So ... I went over to xenforo and downloaded xenforo_requirements.php ran it one of my servers with a basic PHP install -- I don't believe xenforo to be using any encryption so the files are in plain text. I just used Google images and saw some template posted in plain text that verify this.

XenForo 1 Addons | Brivium - Premium XenForo Addon / Style Club nothing here but there are lots of addons

Addon that add's hundreds of new forums from JSON-file maybe get in contact with this guy?

Graybeard, Feb 13, 2018

MI
Back