The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Creating an ebook - which software

jumar112

affiliate
Hi everyone,
I am looking to create an ebook, but not really sure what type of software package to use. I did some searches on the engines for this type of software, and of course all the ones that came up said they were the best.
Which one do you like to use. My ebooks will not be a major production, but need to find something easy to work with.

Thanks,
Julia

Thanks Chet

Are you able to do affilaite links in it? Is it hard to upload to your server, so people will be able to download?
Do you put in the links (affiaite and not) while it is in the word mode and when you convert keeps everything as is.

Julia

Yes, whatever you put in it, links and text wise, it will convert as is...
There is a free trial I think... download it and give it a whirl.

What is the purpose of the ebook? I use HYAs and HTML with a little encrytion so I can give my readers live feed from my website. Thus they're always aware of updates

Rick

Sorry that should have been HTA's which stands for hypertext application. It's just like a webpage. In fact in you rename it from html you basically have an hta. These restrictive forum rules prevent people who have help on their own domain from helping but if you can find one of my free ebooks and download it you'll have an example.

In the meantime what is the purpose of your ebook?

Rick

Showing people ways to .....still working on it and it is in the baby stage.

I may just decide to write the information on my website and link to the article.

Okay that is the initial purpose do yo have a final goal for the information?

Create sales
Viral marketing
Feel really good about helping (as all honest people do I'm sure)

Rick

It would be all three but the main focus is not to create the sales. Its main focus is to show people where to find the information that they need.
An example: a parent has a child and not receiving child support because the other parent is a deadbeat.
I will show them where to find the information on:
1. their legal rights
2. what their case worker should be doing to help locate
3. if case worker is not helping, what to do

It will NOT be legal advice, but where to find the free legal information to help.
This is just an example.

Creating an ebook for the sole purpose of generating income can be a lost cause if not done correctly.

You know others will disagree, but I'd place that on a website and compile it to an exe as a frame in your ebook for your website thus making it a desktop like vers of your website. That way when material changes it will be right their at their fingertips. The other way to do this is to make the webpage put your information in it then make an iframe to the most up to date info on the website. Just a link means peope must actively seek the information The iframe makes it accessable right there. Then zip it up and you have your ebook

A lot of people are about to disagree with me

Rick

Kasama,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I believe I may just go with using Adobe Professional Office and make the information into a pdf file.

Jumar

Can't resist adding a suggestion for anyone else looking for ebook software -- Active eBook is great. Even a n00b can use it and as you get more experienced you begin to understand the more advanced features better.

I sell some in .exe and some in PDF's and there are people out there that just hate PDF's for whatever they're reasons, so it's never a bad idea to have an alternative.

Just my 2-cents...

I don't like pdf's I wrote my own software to encrypt an hta to help keep the honest folks honest. There's just SOOOOO much an ebook can do that a pbook cannot do pdf's just don't take advantage of html at all

Rick

Use WordFlood to generate your content and then throw them into MS Words and convert into PDF. Create a simple yet captivating graphic for your e-book and thats it!

Wordflood is recommended because it calculates the frequency of the words that you use in your content. Thus, allowing you to track your keyword density conveniently. This works extremely well when writing articles too.

All the best! :D

banners
Back