The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Creating An Affiliate Army Journal

mnemonist

affiliate
Inspired by some of the journals going on here, I thought I'd create one as well. The last time I did one on a previous forum, it was really great (so if you're reading this and not making one ... why aren't you?)

As an info-product creator and popular blogger/podcaster, I've had quite a bit of success. But so far, I haven't worked on a missing piece of the puzzle: ongoing traffic from affiliates.

I've done a lot of outbound affiliate marketing to other product creators, however. I've seen the rewards it brings and have fun doing it. But now my goal is to bring some of the traffic home.

At the same time, I have the general goal of learning affiliate marketing as such. So far, finding and joining this forum has been helpful. It's a much bigger, more intricate and more interesting world than I thought. Very exciting.

What I've done so far to grow my "affiliate army":

1. Participated as an affiliate to make relationships with other affiliate marketers dealing with information products.

2. Wrote a guest blog post for an excellent affiliate manager with a killer blog. Should be published early February.

3. Worked on my affiliate center. Checked out the stats of current affiliates and learned what they all mean. The best affiliate has an EPC of $3.45. That sounds good, but I don't know enough yet to be sure.

As part of this, I created an onboarding survey. There's no point in just having everyone and anyone create an affiliate account. I want to focus on serious people who are willing to create a survey so I can help ensure I have winners on the team.

4. Created a Facebook group for affiliates to help and hang out with them. One thing I think would be great is to not just onboard affiliates with a "sink or swim" affiliate program. Rather, I'd like to create a means of making every single affiliate as successful as I possibly can.

Obviously, that has to be realistic, but I can see posting leaderboards in a Facebook group as being useful based on my experiences as an affiliate.

5. Created an email list for my affiliates.

6. Started working on a new product for potential big-time hitters. This will need testing before doing outreach, but I think it's going to be a killer product. It's based on tons of survey data from my buyers and solves one of the key problems my product hasn't completely addressed.

7. Started reaching out to a few select product creators, YouTube personalities, etc. who I have a no-brainer connection with. This is slow going, but I'm learning a lot.

8. Tracking all my outreach with a spreadsheet. Slows things down, but it's great to look back and see what I've done.

9. Masterminded with friends on the topic.

10. Studied affiliate marketing daily.

Related to this, I've been buying ads for my Kindle books. This gives me a taste for what ad spend is like and learning more about ROI from ads. Luckily, all my books already sell without ads, so I've seen great results so far. Amazon ads are a bit tricky, but if I'm interpreting the data properly, I'm getting solid returns.

My only frustration with that is there's no real time tracking. That makes it difficult to know when to turn up the juice on a particular keyword. Anyhow, small stakes with a huge payoff given the backend offers these books contain and the general LTV of people who enter the universe I've created.

Now I just need more supportive affiliates in that world. It's been an interesting challenge so far, but an interesting one. The biggest challenge is mindset and the recurring voice that casts doubt on the entire operation. I've been very successful shutting it down so far, but I know from experience that some kind of victory will be necessary in the near future in order to keep enthusiasm high.

I'm sure that victory is right around the corner. And making a journal is one great way to help keep the gears oiled.

That's all for now. If you're reading this and also a product creator looking for affiliates, I'm interested in masterminding on the topic.

Or, if you're an affiliate who likes the memory/accelerated/language learning space, happy to hear from you.

Whoever you may be or wherever you are on your journey, warm wishes for a great 2017! :)

Great idea to make connection with affiliate as a publisher on amazon kindle.

I'm seeing people here will be interested to contact you sooner.

Anyway, what follow along journey are you working here? Are you just aiming for more affiliates?
What's your goal, would you mind telling us?

Great idea to make connection with affiliate as a publisher on amazon kindle.

I'm seeing people here will be interested to contact you sooner.

Anyway, what follow along journey are you working here? Are you just aiming for more affiliates?
What's your goal, would you mind telling us?

Thanks for this, game333.

My core goal is to add just one super-affiliate to my current affiliate program.

Given the success of my product, it's hard for me to understand why it's so difficult to find affiliates, but the more I look into this world, the more I understand. Still, despite some challenges, I know it's possible to add one solid affiliate at a time.

My secondary goal is to learn as much as I can about outbound affiliate traffic so I can run some campaigns and be a better affiliate manager of my own affiliate program.

So far, it's been great over the past two weeks. I'm hoping this journaling effort will help keep the wheels of enthusiasm and accomplishment rolling. :)

mnemonist Glad to see your journal. Very well structured and well layout plans. Just keep executing your plans and I am pretty sure you will find the right kind of super affiliates soon.

Good luck and hope everything goes well. Do keep us updated. :)

Feeling kind of lame that I didn't put much more into this project today except a bit of reading on Charles Ngo's blog.

But I did revisit the compelling - if Mission Impossible - idea that the ultimate game isn't just having affiliates. It's having affiliates who pay for the right and privilege to market for you.

I will keep that thought in mind. It might not be as Mission Impossible as it seems, even if it's quite some distance in the future to establish ...

9 Jan 2016

Today, more reading.

Also, to get a better sense of what's going on in this affiliate world, I made some accounts in the services mentioned by @internalsoul in his CPA Journey.

This was great because I:

1. Had a lot of the picture filled in by poking around in those places. I understand way more about what's possible and what's required.

2. Understand clearly that these things are a not right now project. They will only take me away from my core journey, which is attracting affiliates to marketing my stuff while developing my chops as an information product affiliate.

But there is never anything lost from doing research and stashing something in the Not Right Now File.

I'm also paying close attention to the results from using @LukePeerFly's FPTraffic. It's really too soon to say anything, but interesting. At first I was going to send the traffic to Amazon, but then decided to send it to an optin page on my site. I've done a lot of business on Amazon in the past, but it still pales in comparison with what my main site has done through a combination of evergreen funnels and email campaigns.

Finally, I talked with the guy for whom I am a super-affiliate in my niche. Always good to keep in touch and strategize. We also co-own a product for which we'll be seeking info product affiliates.

My main question now is: Is this really the right forum for this kind of journal? It seems like I need to find a forum as great as this in the info-product space where people who affiliate market products like mine congregate.

But I like hanging around here and have a one-forum-at-time policy, so will persist for now. But if anyone knows the info product world and can think of an equally valuable forum, I'd love to know about it. Even if it goes in my Not Right Now File. ;)

Thanks @LukePeerFly. I can certainly see things working nicely for new FPs I might create.

What would be really exciting for my current setup is the ability to use it or another app like it for Facebook groups. Anything like that coming? :)

Thanks @LukePeerFly. I can certainly see things working nicely for new FPs I might create.

What would be really exciting for my current setup is the ability to use it or another app like it for Facebook groups. Anything like that coming? :)
No, unfortunately, Facebook does not have a posting API for Groups so we cannot create anything to automatically post to them.

12 January 2017

First up, after joining RTX Platform to buy some traffic to an offer to a friend who I've made lots of money for before, I decided to join the DOJO for more guidance. Looks like it's going to be cool.

On the one hand, I'm making the deviation from the core goal I just mentioned. But on the other hand, to really learn about encouraging affiliates to buy traffic to send my way, I'm going to have to learn how to buy traffic to send elsewhere.

For anyone reading this, the old rule about learning by taking action is true. Just by registering accounts, dropping a bit of money and starting a campaign, I've learned so much.

The important thing is that you don't even know what questions you should be asking until you're in the field. And that's why you need to be in the field.

I tell this to my memory students all the time.

Speaking of which, I added something about my main work in my new signature. Feel free to check out my stuff. I'm not sure how best to use the signature to help gather affiliates to my cause, but I figure this is as good a way as any. If you want to improve your memory, I'm confident that you'll be hard pressed to find better free training than this on the net.

So click that link in my signature and have fun! :)

Good question. Sending a PM. :)
replied
This may sound lame but what does DOJO mean ?
Generally DOJO means:
Code:
Dojo (道場 dōjō?) is a Japanese term which literally means "place of the way". Initially, dōjōs were adjunct to temples. In the Western world, the term dōjō primarily refers to a training place specifically for Japanese martial arts such as aikido, judo, karate, or samurai ~ source : Wikipedia

Affiliatefix used to have a paid private forum but it has been closed last year during the update. More information about that can be found here: Gold - Welcome to the NEW AffiliateFix.com

banners
Back