The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Crazy CTR no conversions

Success75

affiliate
Hello,

I am running a test on a new offer. Two of the three landers have conversions. The one without a conversion has a crazy CTR.

Should I keep testing all three to see what happens?

Regards
Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 9.45.48 PM.png

Hi @Success75 I'd try to figure out why your CTR is so high but no conversions. What are users expecting to click through to and does the following page live up to their expectations? Since there's a lot of users clicking through personally I'd be tempted to make some tweaks during the test to try and make the most of those clicks. Or perhaps run the test for a shorter period of time, review and make some improvements then re run the test to see how things improve. Good luck with it anyway! :)

Im guessing bots. but then again your other offers have conversion that means the traffic does it job.

So it could be the lander. Split test another one see if it performs differently. Its always about test. Also keep in mind (which i think you already know) You need your landing page clear and straight to the point. In that way when the user reaches to that page the goal is clear.

Sure, bots are always a possibility (sometimes a probability) but I'd strongly suggest a good look at your lander.

- is it what people expect to see if they click through?
- is it easy for people to sign up for your offer?
- do you have a clear and compelling call to action?
- is your lander 'non-spammy' looking?
- does it list benefits, rather than features?

Those are just a few questions that came to me. Basically, is your landing page pretty decent and does it offer what was promised?

I would redirect the crazy CTR one to a survey, so I could better segmentate prospects;
then, you will know what are they eager to buy (conversions).

If they are bots, survey could show some messy profile from supposed prospects.

I would redirect the crazy CTR one to a survey, so I could better segmentate prospects;
then, you will know what are they eager to buy (conversions).

If they are bots, survey could show some messy profile from supposed prospects.

Check the following
1. links, make sure you are directing your clicks to the offer
2. Check volume that the offer is the correct offer
3. Landing page and offer doesn't flow together check the flow
4. something wrong with the offer ask your am if there was any conversions with the offer you test
5. bots, check if there are similar ips that trigger many clicks without conversions
6. bad offer

That's all I could think of

It's most likely the ad network. This happened to me when I tried scaling up a campaign on looksmart, that was already working for me on Bing.

On Bing, I got lower CTR (30-40%) on my landing page, and higher conversion.

Looksmart however, got over 50% CTR and no conversion - this was the same campaign, with the same ads and keywords.

Also, certain sub ids were sending me lots of fake clicks - this is something you might want to look into as well.

3 things that come to mind... domain quality (.com, .org) length and LP quality... People notice when things are a bit suspicious, dont over do but dont make it almost blank aswell try testing different LP´s at once and invest in the one that converted better

I want to share my expirience with beginers. When, you decide to take an offer, you can verify on which website the traffic will go from your ads. Check if it's easy to use , take a look on how many gaps you need to filled for your registration,and other things. Try to think like a user. Even if you make a perfect ad it is not a guarantee of converstions it is guarantee of high CTR.

No matter 0 or 1 lead in stat. With such total CR this is just random.
I'm sure that 1,2 landers hasn't backfix scripts and 3 has it :)

Last edited:
Maybe put a 'catch link' on the landing page where humans would not click? So you can have an idea how bot infected is the traffic you getting there.

MI
Back