The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

CPA Traffic Question

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
I'm not sure if this is where this thread goes, if I got it wrong, I'm sorry.

Having to start a CPA campaign on a teeny tiny budget, I did some due diligence on a couple of sites listed at Project Wonderful. Checked their numbers and audience via PW listed stats, Alexa, Quantcast. My plan was to advertise a free trial offer to U.S. readers via 3 different (and very pretty) banners.

Posted them on two different sites, one with a lot of traffic, another with much less. Both seemed to be a good fit, just by browsing through them.

I changed to a different banner after each 1,000 impressions with no hits. After 2 1/2 days and 3,000 impressions - not one click. I stopped the ads.

My question is this: how many impressions is a reasonable measurement of failure or success? Are 3,000 enough to say that those sites are not right for what I'm trying to achieve? It seems so to me but I'm not sure. Is it giving up too soon?

I decided not to run any more there until I check in with the experts. That's you. :)

Thanks.
Shirley

which niche you were promoting?

Geez, I'm sorry shivamaduncle, I only just found your post while checking out K's new "My Threads" feature.

Can't remember for sure what I was running back then, probably would have been either a game, DNA vitamins or anti-aging.

You cannot expect to gather right data in just 2 days. Usually it takes 7 days to see some results and decide if to quit or not. Furthermore, if you get impression, a lot of it and no click than something is wrong. Or your banner that is not enough eye catchy or don't have right call to action or you place it on the wrong way. There can be many factor of failure and remember, CPA is all about numbers and testing.

it might take a little time to see what will work. 3k impressions might not be enough. you also need to ask if there may be set times that your banner runs or if it spread evenly...also placement is very key. Do your banners have animation? -- this can be a double edged sword because some may have flash disabled and not be able to see your banner if so. I would also ask if the website owner has a list you may be able to market to. set up a Facebook and twitter page as well.

Thanks, guys!

No, no animation and I thought that the provided (by the advertisers) ads were very nice. I rotated ads to test them but still didn't get a single conversion.

Another question: how do you direct link? I haven't been able to run direct link (banners) offers because the platforms won't accept the links. One sited abuse, the other said it wouldn't pass McAfee, so was rejected. It's the network trackers triggering McAfee. But how to people get around this?

Hey
first choose a good nich that most people wants, then try to use PPV image 2$ may generate 250 sale a day . you can't imagine that

I will have to update my response. you should see some clicks with 3k impressions. If you are not then the offer may not be the best fit, the time of day that it is being shown may be wrong, the banner may need to be changes, your call to action may need some tweaking, etc.

Thanks, jennever and operationoffers. I'm learning that there are a lot of variables to running a successful campaign!

I'd suggest you start advertising on forums that are owned by people that have no idea about affiliate marketing. You can get some really cheap placements on those websites.

banners
Back