The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

CPA Offer and 7Search PPC Campaign - Chip in with your suggestio

Emvee

I recently joined the PPC bandwagon and decided to go with 7Search first with their 50:50 match offer where I put in $50 and they contributed $50. Btw they have the offer until Jan 2 so if anyone's interested they can quickly avail of the offer. A lot of people say that 7Search does not get good traffic but look, you can't compare it with Adwords which is at top spot. There are several people who reported good conversions so I decided to take the plunge and start my first campaign with 7Search.

The offer I chose was an email submit from Maxbounty. It has one of the highest EPCs in the email submit section and seemed to be a popular offer. I used the keyword suggestion tool found at http://conversion.7search.com and chose about 75 targetted keywords. I also used the cf(click free) feature of 7Search which also gave me some good keywords. There is a tool for LSI keywords at http://lsikeywords.com which also gave me relevant keywords before I serahced on the 7Search tool. Initially there were more than a 100 keywords but I pruned the list down to 75 keywords to make them as targetted as possible.

I had contacted Support and they had enabled my sub-id blocking facility so that I could block the traffic that was not converting. I created the campaign and followed these steps:

1. Campaign Name - The name of the offer - Email Submit - 1. So that I could launch variations with 2,3 ,4 etc.

2. Default Ad Title - I made used of the fact that this is year-end and based my Title with Dec 31 as a part of the line

3. Default Ad Description - 2 sentence description with a call for action before Dec 31.

4. Display URL - I went backto the offer and picked up the offer page URL before the first slash

5. Default Destination - URL - My Maxbounty affiliate code url. I also added &s1=7search###KEYWORD######AFFID###-###RID### to the url for tracking.

I set the daily budget for $5 for a start.

Geo Location - US

Keywords:

I went to the next section where I uploaded my Excel sheet with my keywords in the given format. I edited the keywords and made most of them Exact matches and fine tuned the bids for each of them. I was pleasantly surprised to see most of the bids were at 1-2 cents for top to no 3 rankings. The keywords for the most relevant keywords were slightly higher at 4-5 cents per keyword.

At the end of the first day I got figures as follows:

Impressions - 10279
Clicks - 90
Cost - 3.60
Avg CPC - $0.04
Avg Rank 1.2

I opended my Maxbounty report and saw that I had 6 conversions and earned about $8.60 with a spend of $4.50 which I think is a good start

I pulled up a Sub-ID report and copied a Sub ID which had given 20 clicks but no conversions and added it to the Sub-ID Block. I also noticed that I have i sub-ID which at 40 clicks have me 4 conversions out of the total of 6.

My next steps will be to step up my daily limit to $10.

Use a URL rotator for using the same offer from Maxbounty and Peerfly to see which one yields better results. I am not sure how to add a url rotator so if anyone knows a good one let me know.

Also test another version of the same campaign with a different headline.

I have also enabled the scheduler through 7Search Support. Any suggestions which timings I should try?

Awaiting inputs and shall be back soon.

Re: CPA Offer and 7Search PPC Campaign - Chip in with your sugge

This is a GREAT post man thank you, and exactly what we need here.

GREAT start bro - to double your money without even testing is amazing, so prune the keywords that convert and scale up.

congrats very exciting thread.

Actually it's more than double considering the 50:50 offer of 7Search until I reach a $100 :)

So I have pruned my keywords by increasing my bids for the highest yielding keywords ie those with the most clicks. I had already blocked a sub-ID of a keyword which I though was not converting.

I am having some trouble with my Peerfly campaign and I have logged a ticket there. I would like to receive a clarification before I go ahead and try Peerfly's similar offer.

Let me know some suggestions eg url rotator etc.

Good stuff. Keep us posted :)

Since I am newbie with 7search your thread helps me so much.

One question, how do you set keyword to exact? I found that options that available only broad and phrase in 7search

Click on Phrase or Broad, whatever you've set for the keyword. A new box will open up. Set Phrase and Broad match at 0 and it will set automatically when you save and click Ok. You can also set different values for Broad, Phrase and Exact match.

Click on Phrase or Broad, whatever you've set for the keyword. A new box will open up. Set Phrase and Broad match at 0 and it will set automatically when you save and click Ok. You can also set different values for Broad, Phrase and Exact match.

Thanks Perry for your instruction, I already lose $2 in 7search without single conversion I hope with optimizing tips from you I can get better conversion.

Regarding URL rotator have you ever try cpaclickz.com? Even though its for geo targeting but I tried it with targeting same country for multiple URL so it will works for you ;)

I have fine-tuned the keywords even further and brought the count of keywords down to 30. I have also changed a couple words of my ad copy which I have though will be even more effective. The conversion rate remains great. I will be launching another campaign with a different offer soon. Let me hope that this one remains profitable so that I can scale it up.

I was looking for a free url locator and have found one so let me go ahead a rotate urls.

Also, if you are looking to change an entire selection of keywords to exact match, check the box next to each (or "select all") and click the "Edit" button. This will open a new screen where you can make mass changes to the word selected. Check the box next to "Phrase" and "Broad" and enter the number zero in each. Save, and when you visit your page you will see that the match type has been changed to "exact"

Note - I just re-read this post and realized that I basically repeated what Perry said but could not figure out how to delete the comment! Sorry about that guys

I have fine-tuned the keywords even further and brought the count of keywords down to 30. I have also changed a couple words of my ad copy which I have though will be even more effective. The conversion rate remains great. I will be launching another campaign with a different offer soon. Let me hope that this one remains profitable so that I can scale it up.

I was looking for a free url locator and have found one so let me go ahead a rotate urls.

Please keep update your progress and let us know your result, could you give us some tips to make effective ad copy in 7search?

"Note - I just re-read this post and realized that I basically repeated what Perry said but could not figure out how to delete the comment! Sorry about that guys "

Not to worry! You've reinforced what I wrote in 3 lines in an elaborate 4 lines. That's "positive reinforcement" :)

Read as many ads as possible every day and you shall become a master in ad copy
Please keep update your progress and let us know your result, could you give us some tips to make effective ad copy in 7search?

Any further update on ROI etc and scaling?

Any further update on ROI etc and scaling?

ROI has slipped a bit but still going strong. I have been busy with other projects so this will be scaled up in a few days.

I have added/deleted keywords. The ones I have deleted are those which were yielding few impressions. I added more keywords which I thought to be having a good traffic potential. I have around 250 keywords now and intend to take it up to 1000. Once I have sieved out the wheat from the chaff(keywords) I will increase the $$ spend on my campaign and set it. Then move to focus on more campaigns following the same method.

Sounds great man, very interesting - keep us posted.

Just a tip always use offers which more than one network supply just incase you put in all the work and it gets pulled!

Sounds great man, very interesting - keep us posted.

Just a tip always use offers which more than one network supply just incase you put in all the work and it gets pulled!

Yes I made sure that at least two networks have the offer since I sensed that danger as stated above.

I am busy testing keywords and also other aspects like the ad copy and even the url. Keywords that are yielding clicks but not conversions are being considered useless for this campaign. I am keeping a 'diary' to record and measure improvements so that I can figure out a winning formula and set the campaign before focusing on others.

Nice results.

when you block sub-id's in 7search do you use both AFFID & RID ie. xxxxx-xxxxx or do you just block AFFID (does this block the whole domain?)

Cheers,

Nice results.

when you block sub-id's in 7search do you use both AFFID & RID ie. xxxxx-xxxxx or do you just block AFFID (does this block the whole domain?)

Cheers,

I have described it in point no 5 in my first post

banners
Back