The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

CONTEST: Re-Design My Graphics, Win Free Hosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

espmartin

affiliate
Hello All,

This is your chance to win:
  • Free hosting for 1 year
    • 500MB, with full cPanel controls
I have not redesigned one of my sites for the past 2 years.
It's time to do so now! Here are the color schemes you can select
  1. color-scheme1.png
  2. color-scheme2.png
  3. color-scheme3.png
  4. color-scheme4.png
  5. color-scheme5.png
Your task is to create custom images for the site - with the colors that you
select from the 5 schemes above.

I will match the sites design to those colors on the winning
images.

For your chance to win 500MB free hosting for 1 year, here are
the rules:
  • Create site logo
  • Create header text as images (cool font)
  • Create misc. images for "eye candy" on site
Feel creative!!! The only condition as far as images go is the designs MUST
be highly professional in looks.

The site in question is niched around Web Standards, so all
colors must pass accessibility tests for color blindness and such.
You needn't worry about SEO issues, such as using images
for text, as I will use standards-compliant image replacement
techniques.

Here is the site: Web Standards Design!

This is a graphics design contest. Please note images currently on
the site. Their placements, size, etc. will be a good "guide" for you.

All final entries - including the winning entries - will become my property.
I will "get" full copyrights to them, just in case there is an issue later.

Please post here if you are interested. Start and finish dates will be
announced soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated post. Please note I've selected 5 color schemes (and yes, I know they are very
close in colors to each other :) ).

So please stick to those...

Uhm... Until I get marketing funds freed, I can offer the free hosting, but once money
is freed: I'll be giving a money prize for this (minumum of $50). Please stay tuned!

What title do you want? If I'm honest I don't even understand what the site does when I first visit it! (I do when I read though mind!)

I might have a go at this!

LOL!!!

The site is pretty narrowed in the web standards niche, so I get pretty geeky (hey - I'm
a geek too!
) folks who "get" the site at first glance.

The title is "Web Standards in Design". In relation to the "prize", full credit for the
presentational redesign will go to the winner, which includes PR5 backlinks within content.

Since money talks and free hosting seems to NOT be a great prize - Hannah, if you do
work on this, I'll give you the "prize" - with more space than 500MBs if you need if I
like the designs you create. I wanted to begin my redesign this month, but I have not
received any takers :(

Martin,
Maybe you should offer cash like Rhys did here and invite those who took part in Rhys logo contest, they are all graphic designers. I am also willine to chip in some $$ like I did with Rhys

You will get a lot of interest that way.

You have takers now lol!

I don't need hosting though so a lovely link back to eruanna.net will do me fine. (feel free to whore out apricot13.org too but I'm not taking on paid work atm - I've had a few setbacks with design related things - ie I dont have any confidence left to take money off people for my designs atm!)

fiercestreetnetworks.jpg

Its small atm but you get the idea and the text isnt quite right! [strike]Theres something weird with the text in the bottom half[/strike] fixed it. but I'm happy enough with the rest of it.

I don't really know what style/anything your looking for so I messed around a bit. (seeing as its me it'll be web2.0y!)

its only a quick thing so I can modify it if you need.

Ok, Hannah - Before I continue, let me say that I'm thinking "grunge" would be a cool
look for my site. I was going for the minimalist look before, but now I want to take the
grunge look and make it more popular. I want to show a totally standards based site
can be anything but boring :)

I like your colors, and wanted to ask if you could incorporate #8C4510 as well?
Also, I'm thinking lots of eye candy for the design - as far as the header and sidebar
go, leaving the content "pure".

And since you don't need the hosting prize, I can offer backlinks and promotion - not
a problem! Just let me know what to link to and your preferred anchor text :)

Hey gang, Thought I would pop in and say howdy once again. Found myself quite busy the last week or so, but I am still interested in submitting some samples. I am quite curious as to how to post a submission for a site though.

I have some logo sample layouts and decorative text as well. But am quite new to posting the links here. Would I do the same like I did in the other contest?:idk:

Ok, Hannah - Before I continue, let me say that I'm thinking "grunge" would be a cool
look for my site. I was going for the minimalist look before, but now I want to take the
grunge look and make it more popular. I want to show a totally standards based site
can be anything but boring :)

I like your colors, and wanted to ask if you could incorporate #8C4510 as well?
Also, I'm thinking lots of eye candy for the design - as far as the header and sidebar
go, leaving the content "pure".

And since you don't need the hosting prize, I can offer backlinks and promotion - not
a problem! Just let me know what to link to and your preferred anchor text :)

hmm Just clarify for me what your idea of grunge is? Mine I suspect is completely different!!

I'll have another go when I get back from lectures/shopping.

Hey gang, Thought I would pop in and say howdy once again. Found myself quite busy the last week or so, but I am still interested in submitting some samples. I am quite curious as to how to post a submission for a site though.

I have some logo sample layouts and decorative text as well. But am quite new to posting the links here. Would I do the same like I did in the other contest?:idk:
Yes Goldjobber. Simply do as you did with the other postings. Screenshots
will be fine, just link to them using our BBCode:

HTML:
[IMG]http://your-site.com/test.jpg[/IMG]
Looking forward to the submissions!

Grunge to me is (please remember I'm NOT a graphics person, just a wannabe)
a displaced look, like rusting metal, or something like these:
Reverse Grunge - Easy Texture Technique in Photoshop (and others) | BittBox
5 really great grunge fonts: etc: quick links to good stuff

And I LOVE the (if you can call your technique this) "background designs" on
the images you've done here: Flickr: Photos from xhan104

This site has - at least the header image, swirly lines on it that I am thinking
of as far as "eye candy": Sons of Korah

I hope I'm not too picky! I just have very strict tastes :sneaky:

Grunge to me is (please remember I'm NOT a graphics person, just a wannabe)
a displaced look, like rusting metal, or something like these:
Reverse Grunge - Easy Texture Technique in Photoshop (and others) | BittBox
5 really great grunge fonts: etc: quick links to good stuff

And I LOVE the (if you can call your technique this) "background designs" on
the images you've done here: Flickr: Photos from xhan104

This site has - at least the header image, swirly lines on it that I am thinking
of as far as "eye candy": Sons of Korah

I hope I'm not too picky! I just have very strict tastes :sneaky:

hmm ok - I have a few ideas now! I'll have a go tomorrow I have 2 days off - hopefully we wont be filming :S

Okily dokily...
Here are my first two entries. If I get another day like today where clients cancel due to snow, I might make up a couple more.
fsn_combo.jpg

I made a screeny of it for posting in here, slightly scaled down to fit.
fsn_combo.jpg

Let me know what you think. Colors are totally changeable.

If you would like to see it as a make shift html page
you can go to my site..goldjobber.com/fsn_contest_entry.html

Do let me know what you think

Ps...that font you really like... the one called Trashed...Dude I dl'd it to see what your logo would look like...UUUUGGGGLLLLY! well not that bad, but hard on the eyes to read.
Let me know if you want that as a possibility, if no one else mocks it up I can...I will warn you though...Erf!

on another note you've just given me a brilliant excuse to do one of my favourite things - DOWNLOAD FONTS!! eee! I had over 600 on my old PC!

I've found the colours very hard to work with on this one!

fiercestreetnetworks2gy0.jpg

Still had some bugs!

Really like these !

Goldjobber, I want to stay with the "professional look". Not that your not a pro, it's just
that your images are more "whimsical" :) I need more of a "corporate" look - BUT a grungy one :)

Han, The fierceStreet Network name is not really the branding I'm going after, but the
keyphase "Web Standards In Design" is what I want prominently displayed.

And the colors I have in the schemes are too hard to work with? Thanks for these so far!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back