The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Clickbank shaving?

stipest

affiliate
Hi guys, I wanted to share this with you. I really don't know what to do. I was promoting clickbank products on my facebook pages and in 2013 I made more than $3,5k with direct sales.
Everything was great till the 2014 started. In 2014 I only managed to get one sale, I'm using the same traffic but till then I have more than 20k new fans and I'm promoting converting products.
Here are my stats for December 2013:
VL0CkXq.png
Here are my stats for 2013:
PwJD5Po.png

250 order form impressions and only one sale in January. I really don't know what to do. Do you guys have any advice?

Has anything on advertiser side changed. Like landing page or nature of offer indicates that it's seasonal?

Thanks,

Clickbank is SO unpredictable, we have week where we only sell one product then all of a sudden 10 within 3 days.

If you google about it lots of people say the same, maybe try something from JVZoo?

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 11.33.52.png

To prove my points, 6 days with nothing, then 6 good days!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 11.31.33.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 11.31.33.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 126
I'm promoting female fitness products so it's kind of seasonal but it goes well during the whole year(new years resolution, in spring when they are preparing for summer...)
Landing pages of products are the same and I even tried with new mobile optimized products but I just can't get any sale. Order for impression conversion rates just don't make any sense. It dropped from 5-10% to less than 0.5%.

I guess I will have to thing something else. Do you guys know any good female fitness affiliate program? I need fitness not weightloss(green coffee bean...).

Honestly I doubt that Clickbank shaves they are a huge brand and they make a SHITLOAD of money by taking a cut out of each sale so I don't see why they would risk the reputation that they have built up just to shave a few extra bucks. And it wouldn't be hard to 'catch them out' either if they were doing this... all it would take is for one person to buy a product through their own affiliate link and see that it didn't credit them with the sale.

I've found that if you're only making a handful of sales each month then the sales can definitely seem quite random and inconsistent with a couple of sales one day and then nothing for a couple of weeks but once you start to push decent volume and get your sales up higher it evens out and becomes a lot more consistent.

There could be any number of factors as to why this is happening. As the guy above me suggested - is your product seasonal? Or is it in a niche that has gotten a lot of media exposure and hype recently but that may have died down? For example remember when Oprah promoted acai berries and acai products shot through the roof?

Or are you directing your traffic to a product where people opt-in to a sales funnel? If so you'll often see big spikes on the days the product creator runs promos or sends out emails.

There are a lot of different reasons this could be happening.

Last edited:
I think that shaving still happens with many affiliate networks....unfortunately. For this reason I would suggest always starting off slow and build trust in the networks you choose to patronage.

I have caught them stealing my commissions recently with proof. If they are not going to give my commissions and pocket my hard earned money, I will go for the class action lawsuit. I make sure you all get compensated, and to expose their eratic behavior to the affiliate community.

To be honest, that is the same reason I stopped dealing with ClickBank - their being unpredictable. That's why I decided to move on an looked for better opportunities in making money. Fortunately for me, I bumped into OfferDaddy and so far I very with the way their offerwall tool is helping me earn $$$...:)

guys, CB doesn't shave anything. i don't even think they have the capabilities to do so LOL (they are kind of slow implementing some features).

Biggest issue with promoting them?

refunds.

some niches people just know they can refund so they kind of abuse it. so your campaign is going well, you're at BE or profits, then BOOM. refunds.

we went from slightly positive to -2k one month recently just because of this.

the erratic sales?

probably your funnel and traffic. in your case, 99% sure your traffic sucks for the offer. maybe they're not pre-sold, maybe they aren't targeted... who knows right now.

this has happened to me in one of my verticals... 1 sale here, and there... once I switched up the funnel from testing, and hit the right combo, we're doing 15-30 sales a day at the moment and continuing to scale.

MI
Back