The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Checking backlinks, where do you check yours?

I don't really even check my backlinks.

I prefer to just focus on creating them and have faith that Google will eventually find 'em.

Checking other sites backlinks however... well that's a different story.

I don't use any actually. This can turn bad for me but at least I'm not wasting my precious time on that. Same thing as it with Google Analytics. I used to check every four-five hours and that result in complete obsession for it.

I changed that and now I'm checking only on the end of the week. It is the smartest thing I ever done! :)

If anyone wants a good backlink checker, I guess that Matthew Woodward can help you. He did some reviews so you can on his blog!

Cheers!

Ahrefs is great, but I myself mostly use MajesticSEO, because they have one great metric, and I can't live without it, it's Trust Flow.
I'm checking really big numbers of domains every day, and when I do buy an Expired Domain, it is one of the most important things, because it shows how spammy the links are or are they good links.

I also sometimes use OpenSiteExplorer, but the thing is, they don't index that many backlinks and thats why I don't use them that much, but MozTrust and MozRank is awesome metrics to look at.

It also depends for what do you need them, for example, buying expired domains, or checking your own domains or competitors, the tools would be different atleast for me.

Klayne

Using Ahrefs for checking backlinks,MajesticSEO for trust flow and citation flow and using MOZ SEO Toolbar for checking PA/DA.

I have subscriptions for all and Ahrefs is the best hands down. Majestic simply doesn't offer the same data and many of their metrics are fluff, with no actionable substance. I don't know about you but I'm not looking for arbitrary algorithms adding nonsense to my audits. I want actionable data.

I'm a huge fan of Ahrefs. In my opinion, it is definitely the most robust link checker and is usually pretty up to date. Other link checkers just can't keep up and the data is usually pretty old.

banners
Back