The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

CDN comparison: What CDN do you guys prefer?

R

_r123

I'm in the market for a new CDN and I'm having trouble deciding.
Currently not pushing a lot of traffic, but I'd like to have locations all over the globe because I'm planning on launching some international stuff.

I have the free year of Amazon Cloudfront but I'm also looking at Rackspace.
What are your thoughts? Has anyone done any benchmarks on these two options or will recommend a different provider?

The problem with Amazon and RackSpace is that they still use a lot of HDD, and we all know what SSD has done for hosting. Both Amazon and rackspace are phasing in SSD, but who knows what "phasing in" really means?

A lot of hosting providers will offer TrueSpeed CDN from SiteLock. This combined with hosting that already uses SSD, and wow!

Believe it or not, my current hosting provider offers a shared hosting plan for $25/month, and I have had speeds so much faster than EC2/CloudFront from Amazon, and VPS services. I was skeptical until I tested my page loading speeds, and now believe that if you have a good SHARED provider, with updated servers that run SSD and combine with a CDN like TrueSpeed, you can get the same speeds on a shared server from a quality provider as you would get on a VPS, and save yourself some money.

I tested against Amazon, Digital Ocean, LiquidWeb VPS, RackSpace, and my shared plan with CDN was as fast or faster (blew some of them out of the water) than those options as tested throughout peak times, and other adverse factors. I think it's important that you do your own testing, so I won't disclose the benchmarks I used specifically, or the methods. i also won;t say who my specific host is because we're not supposed to promote products on here. But use the criteria I mentioned above (SSD ann TrueSpeed), and you should find a solid provider.

You can always add a unique IP Address for a few dollars per month.

Last edited:
The problem with Amazon and RackSpace is that they still use a lot of HDD, and we all know what SSD has done for hosting. Both Amazon and rackspace are phasing in SSD, but who knows what "phasing in" really means?

A lot of hosting providers will offer TrueSpeed CDN from SiteLock. This combined with hosting that already uses SSD, and wow!

Believe it or not, my current hosting provider offers a shared hosting plan for $25/month, and I have had speeds so much faster than EC2/CloudFront from Amazon, and VPS services. I was skeptical until I tested my page loading speeds, and now believe that if you have a good SHARED provider, with updated servers that run SSD and combine with a CDN like TrueSpeed, you can get the same speeds on a shared server from a quality provider as you would get on a VPS, and save yourself some money.

I tested against Amazon, Digital Ocean, LiquidWeb VPS, RackSpace, and my shared plan with CDN was as fast or faster (blew some of them out of the water) than those options as tested throughout peak times, and other adverse factors. I think it's important that you do your own testing, so I won't disclose the benchmarks I used specifically, or the methods. i also won;t say who my specific host is because we're not supposed to promote products on here. But use the criteria I mentioned above (SSD ann TrueSpeed), and you should find a solid provider.

You can always add a unique IP Address for a few dollars per month.

I see. Oh, yes, I saw those links. I think the issue is that when I read those specific services (the top 2, anyway), I have no idea what they man. Those links don't help someone like me who doesn't understand the tech-talk, as in, I have no idea which one to click for setting up an VPS. Thanks for your time. I think I'm going to just go for a fully managed VPS, like InMotion or MediaTemple as time is of the essence. Thanks for your response.

Talking about double standards :p

banners
Back