The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Case Study - Offline Email Submit w/ Flyers

Abbas8

affiliate
Alright guys so here's my game plan:

Going to hit up as many sports events as i possibly can and promote a free ipad 2 via flyers. First gonna go to my nearby University (Rutgers University) - has around 30,000-40,000 students, so yes it is a good first target. Since it'll be a hassle to try and make pages for their games, decided on making it for the NFL Playoffs.

So basically, going to be handing out the cards, and saying to each person we hand it to, "Win a free iPad 2" *Hands Flyer*. On the flyer is a msg saying, Txt "Rutgers" to 41117 and you could win a free iPad 2. The SMS will be set to autorespond, directing them to my website. So what's great about this is, not only will i get possible conversions, but also a list i could keep blasting to, every single game! Now, what i wanted to try and make happen before we start, is make everything Mobile compatible - so that means: Website, and CPA Offer - Need help here.

So here's what we'll be using:
  • Business Card Flyers - (http://prntscr.com/5ana5)
  • SMS Service (w/ auto-responder directing them to website = http://rutgersprizes.tk )
  • 5,000-10,000 Flyers - Going cheap on this - going to fit around 6-8 Cards per page so that i'll only need around 1000 copies which should cost $10-20.

Also, i'm paying my friends. Got a team of 5 (total) - we've agreed that i'll pay them if i reach a threshold of $1k from this. So i'll pay them $50 each

So Costs =
$20 - copies
$250 - friends
$100 - t-shirts (with Msg: Text "Rutgers" to 41117 to get a Free iPad 2)

So in total should be around $300-400. Not bad. Considering that i was told 10,000 flyers should = $4,000 in CPA. I just hope that does, but working with luck on this.

Updates to come, this will begin on Sunday hopefully, if everything goes according to plan! PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS AND ADVICE - I could use anything

First off, i fucking love this site and i love it for this reason!
Second I'm fascinated by offline CPA now and i want to get majorly into this so I'm try excited about this.

From what i can see you've done some nice planning, the only thing i will say is i don't think you'll see 4k from 10k flyer, let's say you hand out 10k - straight up 5k will probe bin the flyer, so you may get around 3-5k texting in :) - out of them 2k may follow the link, 1k may fill out the email submit - at most you will get maybe $2 payout for an iPad offer? - so possibly $2000 i would say but maybe less....don't think I'm being harsh just saying what i feel i may be wrong.

However method is solid and the whole mobile thing sounds great! Is the mobile reply thing free?
Where are you getting flyer done that cheap? Have you checked with your legal rights?

Cant wait to see how this pans out - best of luck man :)

My first tip is - choose an offer which is not so obvious(as a CPA offer). I think thousands of people have already given out so many hundreds of thousands of iPads and iPhones that I am surprised that Apple is not going bankrupt..lol. These have become so common that anyone who sees or hears about a FREE Apple product goes..."oh no, not another one!"

If you peep into Peerfly's offers or Offervault you'll find offers that are good and are not so common.

Second tip - Don't distribute fliers/cards at the obvious places where there are ten others doing the same. Polite folks will take the card but throw it away a few steps ahead. If it's a University you are targeting, don't put up fliers on notice boards where there are hundreds of other offers literally stuck one on top of the other. Please don't try parking lots either.

Try new methods, new strategies. Telling you because I've tried the above with a $1000 budget and failed. My conversions? Only one.

First off, i fucking love this site and i love it for this reason!
Second I'm fascinated by offline CPA now and i want to get majorly into this so I'm try excited about this.

From what i can see you've done some nice planning, the only thing i will say is i don't think you'll see 4k from 10k flyer, let's say you hand out 10k - straight up 5k will probe bin the flyer, so you may get around 3-5k texting in :) - out of them 2k may follow the link, 1k may fill out the email submit - at most you will get maybe $2 payout for an iPad offer? - so possibly $2000 i would say but maybe less....don't think I'm being harsh just saying what i feel i may be wrong.

However method is solid and the whole mobile thing sounds great! Is the mobile reply thing free?
Where are you getting flyer done that cheap? Have you checked with your legal rights?

Cant wait to see how this pans out - best of luck man :)

Yeah currently using a 14 day free trial with these guys: http://textmarks.com . As for my flyers, i'm making small business cards (8 per page, and so will go to Staples or Fedex Kinko's and make around 1000 copies of the sheet, which i believe will be around $10-20. Which i'll cut evenly using one of those big scissor things, lol i forget what they call em.), and lastly, No i haven't checked with my legal rights, not sure how that will pan out, but i guess we'll hand out flyers until we're told to leave.

Btw, now that i think of it, i'm seeing ur stats to be more accurate, thanks for the clarification!

My first tip is - choose an offer which is not so obvious(as a CPA offer). I think thousands of people have already given out so many hundreds of thousands of iPads and iPhones that I am surprised that Apple is not going bankrupt..lol. These have become so common that anyone who sees or hears about a FREE Apple product goes..."oh no, not another one!"

If you peep into Peerfly's offers or Offervault you'll find offers that are good and are not so common.

Second tip - Don't distribute fliers/cards at the obvious places where there are ten others doing the same. Polite folks will take the card but throw it away a few steps ahead. If it's a University you are targeting, don't put up fliers on notice boards where there are hundreds of other offers literally stuck one on top of the other. Please don't try parking lots either.

Try new methods, new strategies. Telling you because I've tried the above with a $1000 budget and failed. My conversions? Only one.

Thanks for the tips. But could you elaborate a little further on what you mean by new methods? Asking cause 1) The University i'm going to virtually has no competitors doing the same thing, 2) I thought i twisted it enough with the SMS messages + T shirts stating "Win a free _____ by txting "Rutgers" to 41117" I'm finding it hard that so many didn't convert for you on that kind of budget, but definitely want to hear your response! Thanks. Btw i understand what you mean by why i should switch the offer so that's not an issue.

MY FLYER: http://prntscr.com/5ana5

It's fantastic that you're building them a list too. When new sports seasons start you can easily just text them those offers later on. Also I'd think less people would care about you handing out flyers if you're wearing something that supports the team (like a hoodie with the college name on it).

It's fantastic that you're building them a list too. When new sports seasons start you can easily just text them those offers later on. Also I'd think less people would care about you handing out flyers if you're wearing something that supports the team (like a hoodie with the college name on it).

Very good point. I guess we'll all be wearing Rutgers stuff then! Thanks for the tip

Hmm, another idea. On the flyer you could have it say "Tell a friend and you both can win! Spread the word now!"

Someone might pick up the flyer and keep it to themselves for good luck. Better encourage them to let others know about it.

Yes just having some issues with some of my partners, i'm trying to find a date they're all able to come...already 3 guys messed it up for this weekend..gotta reschedule, atleast i didn't print the flyers yet..

Yes just having some issues with some of my partners, i'm trying to find a date they're all able to come...already 3 guys messed it up for this weekend..gotta reschedule, atleast i didn't print the flyers yet..

I haven't really worked with others for passing out flyers, so maybe you're relying on too many people?

Could you not do it yourself or i guess your aiming for high volume?

any rescheduled time?

Big volume definitely. But yeah, we all went to Office Depot today to see how much making copies would cost, but found out it would be $500 for 1000 copies....the price is a bit too much for us...so we're trying to figure out a cheaper alternative..

Nah man...things didn't work out at the end, so i trashed the idea, besides there's much more money to be made with Facebook.

Hmm sad to hear i was excited with your plans...what are you running on Facebook?

Off line marketing is a great concept. I myself have done some offline marketing, it does work!! I have not personally done any in the last couple of years!!
Here is what one of my friends did. They opened up a review site about restaurants. When he and his date went to eat he would leave a card on the table stating that within 24 hours there would be a review of the restaurant on the website. It took some time to get the traffic coming in but once it started it came in fast. He made his money off of advertising the restaurants coupons or specials.
The last time I spoke to him he had the website up for sale and was in negotiations with a local business man. This is just one example how you can turn your everyday into a chance to make a few $$ online.

Off line marketing is a great concept. I myself have done some offline marketing, it does work!! I have not personally done any in the last couple of years!!
Here is what one of my friends did. They opened up a review site about restaurants. When he and his date went to eat he would leave a card on the table stating that within 24 hours there would be a review of the restaurant on the website. It took some time to get the traffic coming in but once it started it came in fast. He made his money off of advertising the restaurants coupons or specials.
The last time I spoke to him he had the website up for sale and was in negotiations with a local business man. This is just one example how you can turn your everyday into a chance to make a few $$ online.

Seems a nice idea, but surely its only the owner who would pick up the card and go view the review? also he would have to spend a lot of money eating out lol? lucky girl!

@ .K - I'm running Apps on FB. We could discuss on Skype if you want. But about the Offline plan. I'm considering selling $1 Raffle tickets too people there instead...and then upselling them with the online entering. Idk, but i think $1 Tickets will get us better results, then with the upsell it should work like a charm. What do you think?

banners
Back