The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

CASE STUDY: Email Marketing With MobiCow

prince_prince

affiliate
Recently...I had posted A topic review (on this forum) about MobiCow, detailing my experiences and

success(es) (dont know how to spell that...), as well as pros and cons that I liked about

MobiCow. Recently Dominic (the account manager) has asked me to do A case study

so that the good folks at MobiCow could use the data for internal testing.

I happily agreed. Now if your wondering, why should I let him have my data (for all the realist out there)

the terms we agreed upon was so that I can post A case study review (like this one) and post it to other

internet marketing forums as well. What is in it for me is that doing so will help get brand awareness back

to my blog.

ANYWAYS back to the case study...this case study won't make that much sense if you hadn't read my

MOBICow review, so I suggest you peep through it. We will be testing the following:

• Lead quality
  • Cost per acquisition of lead
  • The raw sheer traffic count
  • Responsiveness of leads

To name A few there could be quite A bit of factors that will affect my campaign such as:

• Niche I am targeting
  • Offers I am promoting
  • Copywriting of emails
  • Copywriting of ads
  • Copywriting of subject lines
  • etc etc

But for now we are just going to test out what I had mentioned earlier in the above.

So to recap what we are doing here....basically I am putting MobiCow to the test. I am pretty excited

for this case study.

The actual running of the campaign will happen sometime this week. I will post on this thread when we

are about to launch. This may be A good thread to subscribe to for people who are curious about running

traffic with MobiCow or are just curious about Mobile Marketing within itself.

Cant wait.
Speak Soon!
-Prince

Really looking forward to this one, make sure you include some details and images to help.

UPDATE 1: Today marks the finish of day 1 of the case study. My budget for today was about $80

and my lead collect count was 100+ some things that I have noticed about MobiCow that have been happening to me are:

The fact that running campaigns OVERNIGHT DO NOT work - For some reason I do not know why this is.

It could maybe be the offer? ad copy? Etc etc. There are A ton of variables that affect lead generation that I have not fully tested out yet.

Some of the things I have seen PROVEN though are....if you run the campaign from 9AM-9PM then the lead generation just

starts to overflow.

After the day 1 of the case study. I brought this subject matter up with Dominic. Some of the reasons we found, that

the leads may not be coming in overnight are the following:

- No one cares about the offer during the night time

- People are more looking at p*rn and just don't notice

-A majority of the folks may be asleep and not on the phone

Keep in mind that my campaign targeting is broad, meaning I am targeting every country that MobiCow has to offer.

But for Day 1 the fact that I was not getting as many leads over night was something that I wanted to discuss first.

There are ALOT of other factors that I will discuss later on as I analyze more data. But for update 1 this was one of

the many things I was testing. Until then. Will keep updated! Thanks!

UPDATE 2: Today we will be going over bidding. So far I have found that it doesn't really matter

how high you bid up. Because whether you bid low or high. You will STILL RECEIVE traffic.

Reguardless. I have found that the higher you bid the faster you gain the traffic.

But the lower you bid, the slower you gain traffic (of course) but AT THE END OF THE DAY. I still received the

same amount of impressions as I did when I was bidding higher, just at A slower pace. I am not sure

what the reason is for this. But it just does.

Dominic and I have discussed why this may be. We have found that it may the amount of campaigns being

ran at different times. For example the amount of traffic I may be receiving at certain times. May be A direct result of

whos running campaigns at certain times. Or who want to pause the campaign they are running at other times.

So basically after testing it out. I can tell you that you can bid the minimum amount on MobiCow. Which is 0.50

on any campaign and still do fine. That is all I have for update 2.

UPDATE 3: Today I will be talking briefly about the quality of traffic and what I have found so far. For that I CANT say much

To be honest I have ONLY been targeting iOS and Android as well. No narrowing down with the different types of phones.

So this includes ALL tablets and iPads.

For me the traffic is backing out great and the response is pretty decent, when I look on the back end and see who has

been reading my emails. But I have yet to test smart phone vs. feature phone. I forgot where..but somewhere I just heard

that smart phones were just higher quality traffic.

I honestly just followed that rule, although I can't really back it up. Because I have yet to test it. I CAN say that yes.

IOS and Android type of traffic does have A GOOD response rate. Over the course of A few weeks my subscribers

HAVE been reading my emails...which is pretty good!

MI
Back