The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Can a personal blog earn you decent money?

I think, as one or two people have mentioned, the key will be your content.

if you have a prsonal blog and either i) an exciting life or ii) the ability to write brilliantly about things that interest you then you are on your way.

Writing boring stuff about your visit to the supermarket or yet another review of an over-reviewed gadget will get lost in the crowd.

Not saying you are boring or a bad writer, but hopefully you will get the point. If you keep the blog alive, interesting and engaging (be controversial occassionally) then people will return.

Don't forget though there is a skill in constructing and writing blog posts if you want to maximise ad clicks or affiliate link clicks which will maybe be different to your natural voice. You will need to both tease and hold some information as well as entertain & inform to ensure that visitors will not only return but will be more likely to take an ad/affiliate link route out from your blog when they do leave.

You can make money off nearly anything if you can get the traffic, if you can get people to read your blog, I'm sure you can make a lot of money of it, but you should really remember that blogging is fun and you shouldn't just blog, to make money online, there are many more things you could be doing, which would earn you more, faster and a lot easier then blogging.

Blogging is more of a hobby then a income source to most people, I suggest you bare that in mind.

If you have good writing skills, I suppose there is nothing surprising if you earn from a blog. It's not as hard as it seems to be, my friend started one and gets some bacon from the blog, though it shifted from the personal one.

Obviously, you can earn a handsome money form blogging. The market demand of a blog will definitely increase if it is SEO optimised. You will have to work hard & analyze the link popularity of your blog.

It really depends. If you lead an interesting life, it could get a following. If you're writing about commuting back and forth to work, probably not. You need to get that following before you start monetizing it.

So, what do you think? In your opinion, could you make a decent income every month by blogging about the things you like, such as movies, cars, music etc, rather than just having a niche blog ( i.e. a MMO - Make Money Online - blog )? I was simply curious to know what you guys think :)

You can make money easily with blogging about your interest like movies, painting, news and all that. It totally depends on your writing and promotion of your blog.

-------------------------------------------------------

You can surely make money from your personal blog is it is doing well. If the domain authority of your blog is high enough, then you can start placing ads on your blog and earn money through it. The best way to do this is to subscribe with websites like buysellads.com.

This depends on how you take your blog forward. First of all, it is important to work on enhancing the domain authority of your website. Once your website has become authoritative, you can start promoting banner advertising and earning profits through it.

I'd say it's definitely possible to earn decent money from a personal blog, but it's quite difficult - especially now that there are so many blogs out there!

I have tried blogging and it didn't earn me money. I moved on since then to find other opportunities that will give me extra income like freelance writing, forum posting and commenting. Presently, i am interested to learn affiliate marketing or promoting other people's product for a commission.

It depends on what one considers a personal blog.

That said, any blog can earn as long as it has content that captivates, and holds, an audience along with a margin of continued audience growth.

banners
Back