The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can a personal blog earn you decent money?

Midwest

So, what do you think? In your opinion, could you make a decent income every month by blogging about the things you like, such as movies, cars, music etc, rather than just having a niche blog ( i.e. a MMO - Make Money Online - blog )? I was simply curious to know what you guys think :)

define 'decent earnings'. But to answer your question, yep if done right, a blog can earn you money. Don't forget, a blog is simply a publishing tool.

From a personal blog, earning $1000 is too much I guess, unless you are not a celebrity blogger or established SEO blog.

I won't discourage you, but you have to work very very hard to establish your brand in to the market before you expect anything around $1,000 just from a single blog. Moreover, you have to be very careful about choosing your niche - find some high payment niche. In that case, you might have to blog some thing beyond your interest.

Maybe $1,000 is a bit too much, hasan_889. But I was just giving an example of what decent earnings means to me. Of course, if I were to build such a blog, I'd be quite pleased to earn even half of the above mentioned amount, for the start.

I agree with you: it is quite a lot of hard work to achieve such results, but if all will pay off in the end, then the efforts you've put in meant something. Thanks for the opinion!

Zoe Magolis (sp?) has probably earn a fair sized wedge from her blog ("Girl With A One Track Mind" - NSFW, just to be on the safe side), but it's not through advertising, it's through books/tv appearances/journalism etc.

Admittedly, not the traditional affiliate marketing route, but those opportunities wouldn't have arisen if she hadn't have been blogging.

Yep, I have heard about her, too. This shows that if you put in some hard work ( not necessarily to appear on tv and all the rest ) and you're determined to succeed, I think you'll make it. You may not make hundreds of thousands monthly, but still enough to improve your financial status. My 2 cents :)

@ Rohitpatel & DeluxDon: This was my thought exactly too: money can be made with a personal blog too, not just with a niche one, for example. As I've mentioned before in this thread, you have to work a bit hard in the beginning, to make your blog known and bring some constant traffic and then you'll be able to make some cash with it :)

@ Rohitpatel & DeluxDon: This was my thought exactly too: money can be made with a personal blog too, not just with a niche one, for example. As I've mentioned before in this thread, you have to work a bit hard in the beginning, to make your blog known and bring some constant traffic and then you'll be able to make some cash with it :)
Yes those type sites need quality blogs which have-

* Quality Post
* Stable Traffic
* Good Work on SEO.

$1000 a month is not that hard to achieve, since you are a copywriter yourself you can put a lot. To me MMO blogs are no more a trusted business model, you need to adopt some clever blogging strategies. Something new, out of box stuffs. ;)

You're right here, seonotes. A decent income can be made from more personal blogs if you put some work and passion in it. I currently have a MMO blog, but I'm seriously considering to switch to something else, more "out of the box stuff", as you've said ;)

You're right here, seonotes. A decent income can be made from more personal blogs if you put some work and passion in it. I currently have a MMO blog, but I'm seriously considering to switch to something else, more "out of the box stuff", as you've said ;)
Well you are right those blogs are not enough for us to make decent amount of money. I agree with seonotes that one can make $1000 from quality blogs. I seen on other forum that one person selling Blog Post $80 on PR6 Tech Blogs. Guess if he can sold 15 posts per month his earning would beyond $1000.

MI
Back