The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Buying For Master Resale Rights?

rtsurvivor

I consider myself a "NewBe" in the marketing world. Especially when it come s to things like "Resale Rights"

I'm bringing this up because I bought an ebook a week or so ago, "TubeTraffic". It's a good book, no complaints there. :eek:

What actually gets me is that there are some sites that are selling this book for a couple of pennys.

I found one site that had it listed for $67.00. I found it for $37.00. However, before I forked over the money I went out and about and I found the same thing going for $7.00. I bought it for the 7 bucks.

This book comes with "Master Resale Rights". I'm assuming that means that I can resell the book for whatever I want.

Just out of curiosity, I jumped over to ebay and did a search for "TubeTraffic".

Guess what... I found it there for 99 cents. :eek:

My whole point to all this is... Don't waste your money to buy something with the Master Resale Rights with the idea that you're going to make a ton of money by reselling it.

It's ok to buy something that fits the your needs to use or learn something. But... Don't waste your money to get the "Master Resale Rights" with the idea of making a lot of money! ;)

All this is, of course, my own opinion. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. :D

Good marketing to all.
RT...

Hi rtsurvivor,

I agree with you that those master resell right that is sold at a very cheap price had a great difficulty selling it as everyone has the reseller right to the book even though the book is a great book.

I would recommend you to get those resell right item that is sold for a high amount and had limited copy for private label right. In this case, it is possible for you to earn good money through reselling.

I've worked with ebooks w/ Master Resale Rights in the past. At one time these could be very profitable. There is still money to be made today, but probably not through reselling.

These types of ebooks are developed by the publisher(marketer) as a viral marketing technique. What they do is create an ebook about a subject having to do with the business they are representing or are promoting. The purpose of the book is to provide a sales pitch, endorsement and link to a company. The actual content in the ebook is of secondary importance.

The idea is by releasing this book, it will get sold, shared and otherwise passed around. The result is you are getting free advertising everytime these change hands (viral marketing). I have published ebooks for this purpose with stats tracking whenever they were opened so I could see how many where getting distributed and where. You would be amazed how fast these things spread.

The publisher is the one making the bulk of the money with these. You aren't going to get rich marketing this type of ebook. They are very useful as free giveaways to collect leads or bonuses to enhance the perceived value of a related product you are selling.

I believe good money can be made form having resale rights to a product because then you can make the price point of the product whatever you want.

Cybernerd had some really good points. I think that if you use it as a those master resale products as a bonus you can leverage the content better than selling it for proffit

You guys are all correct. What I am saying about "Master Resale Rights" is they should not be bought with the idea of turning around and giving it a what for and hope you are going to make your fortune by reselling the product.

If you do a search on a product that is offering "Master Resale Rights" you will more than likley find it for pennys on the dollar.

Try a search for "Tube Traffic". Marketers are still trying to sell the book. It does have "Master Resale Rights", and that's ok. What is a shame is the fact that you can get the book for .99 on ebay.

How do I know that? Good question. I almost bought it for $37 but thought far enough ahead to do a search and found it for $7. I found one for $67 but scrapped that right away. My search wasn't as good as it should have been because I later found it on ebay for .99. :rolleyes:

Again, all I am saying is that there are a lot out there with the idea that they can make their fortune trying to resell something with "MRR" .

Buy something that has "MRR' because you want it, not because you think you are going to resell it for a profit.:D

Good marketing to all
RT...

In my opinion I would look for private resale rights because then you can do whatever you want with the product (landing pg, price point etc.)

MI
Back