espmartin

affiliate
Have you seen those "buy me a Starbucks", or "buy me a beer"
links on blogs? From what I remember, they started out as
donation links ("donate to this site...") - but fast became
what they are today.

I have not used them on any of my blogs, nor have I used
them to buy anyone anything. I wanted to ask you all if you
have used them to "buy me a drink" for someone?

I have actually been thinking of them for a forum rather than a blog, I think it will be cool :)

May be some kind of mod where members can enter theirs PayPal account in the profile. Than they would have this Icon in the post bit.

If someone appreciates other user's post - they may choose to "donate" him a beer or such...

I did have the "buy me a beer" on my blog for a while, but nobody bought me anything :(

Do like the whole "Scratchback" thing which I'll be implementing on my blog (with a little twist) soon :)

I've had a donation link on the site that hosts my Wordpress plugins for a while now - well over 1,000 downloads of plugins ... total donation $2!

Good job I'm not in it for the money!

Scratchback is basically allowing people to tip a small amount and get a Google friendly nofollow link in return.

We have members here who are aged below 18. You don't want their parents coming on and giving you abuse for spoiling their kids :)

There are some very clever young webmasters out there. I have chatted to webmasters aged 16

Buy me a coffee would be ok but buy me a beer, i'm not sure about. :)

I just think its glorified begging. "oi gimmie this." sort of thing, your lucky if you get a mention for doing it on most sites.

banners
Back