The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Building Traffic From Pinterest [Strategy]

A

Ashley_Karic

I have had decent success with Pinterest and am starting a new strategy.

Things were going great before my account was suspended for "spamming."

I was making boards with 500+ pins daily, so go figure.

Anyways, I made a new account--about a week ago--and it is doing MUCH better than the first one.

First, I believe boards and pins don't matter THAT MUCH. In other words, while they matter, it should not be your prime focus for generating traffic.

Second, what does really matter is following the followers of HUGE accounts in your niche. So for example, if you were in the athletic shoes niche, you would go over to the NIKE Pinterest and follow 100-300ish accounts that are following Nike.

Third, the best way to do this strategy is, as I already said, follow 100-300ish accounts per day that follow the larger accounts in your niche, then around the 3 day mark is when you would unfollow them. So if you follow 300 accounts on Nike's board on Monday, then on Thursday I would unfollow those same 300. Then on Friday the 300 from Tuesday, etc. etc.

Fourth, going back to boards, I have found that just doing 3-5 pins per day on a single board is fine. I honestly don't see any reason to do more than that.

Going with this new strategy has already netted me 120 followers in 5 days. Remarkably better than how I was doing before.

I am curious how anyone else has started to build traffic from Pinterest!

Let me know what you think of my strategy, and then I'd love to hear yours!

Why would you unfollow them? Is not like you would spend time on that account going through pins.

Unfollow is needed on sites that use the Twitter throttling method. That is, they were the first ones to do it this way. Once you're already following so many people, you cannot follow any more unless almost the same amount of people are following you back. The threshold for follow throttling goes higher based on how old your account is and how many followers you have.

9 Ways to Use Pinterest to Drive Traffic to Your Blog:
1. Create a Blog Board
2. Engage on Pinterest
3. Make a Contest Board
4. Feature your Blog Writers
5. NEW: Use Article Pins

Thanks, @Ashley_Karic !

I assume you're promoting CPA offers with your pins. Do you send them to a lander, or do you redirect to the offer?

Hey!

I actually do not do CPA offers with my pins. I actually only made around 12 boards and have left them inactive for the most part.

I am currently just interested in acquiring followers for my account for social proof.

On pinterest on one account use 4 boards. Related to your niche. I follow about 40 people and unfollow every day or so. I do load and add related pictures to my boards at about 4-6 pics a day on average. Seems to work to this point. I will add your suggestions. Thanks for the post on this topic.

I have had decent success with Pinterest and am starting a new strategy.

Things were going great before my account was suspended for "spamming."

I was making boards with 500+ pins daily, so go figure.

Anyways, I made a new account--about a week ago--and it is doing MUCH better than the first one.

First, I believe boards and pins don't matter THAT MUCH. In other words, while they matter, it should not be your prime focus for generating traffic.

Second, what does really matter is following the followers of HUGE accounts in your niche. So for example, if you were in the athletic shoes niche, you would go over to the NIKE Pinterest and follow 100-300ish accounts that are following Nike.

Third, the best way to do this strategy is, as I already said, follow 100-300ish accounts per day that follow the larger accounts in your niche, then around the 3 day mark is when you would unfollow them. So if you follow 300 accounts on Nike's board on Monday, then on Thursday I would unfollow those same 300. Then on Friday the 300 from Tuesday, etc. etc.

Fourth, going back to boards, I have found that just doing 3-5 pins per day on a single board is fine. I honestly don't see any reason to do more than that.

Going with this new strategy has already netted me 120 followers in 5 days. Remarkably better than how I was doing before.

I am curious how anyone else has started to build traffic from Pinterest!

Let me know what you think of my strategy, and then I'd love to hear yours!
I will try this... I am really struggling to get traffic to my website :( I do not sell anything on my website, Im actually using content locking...

I will try this... I am really struggling to get traffic to my website :( I do not sell anything on my website, Im actually using content locking...

How do you promote a locker on Pinterest? I mean, do you send people to videos, that sort of thing?

I'm asking because I don't know. :)

If you do have a website, and your website contains free software, music, movies or anything that id free to download, you can lock it using content locking before they can access your software etc. I apply in Adgate media where in they have content locking

If you do have a website, and your website contains free software, music, movies or anything that id free to download, you can lock it using content locking before they can access your software etc. I apply in Adgate media where in they have content locking
And how you promote these locked content on Pinterest?

And how you promote these locked content on Pinterest?

I imagine that she saves the pic from one of her site pages to Pinterest then when people click through to her site and try to download the software/whatever, they'll be presented with the locker. I think. That's totally a guess on my part but it's the only way I can think how it would happen.

I imagine that she saves the pic from one of her site pages to Pinterest then when people click through to her site and try to download the software/whatever, they'll be presented with the locker. I think. That's totally a guess on my part but it's the only way I can think how it would happen.
Actually that is what I'm about to do. I was just starting on Pinterest. I am still at the basic on how to use it.

banners
Back