The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Building a Large Social Profile for a Niche Site

C

Cavalier07

Hi All

I have built a niche blog in the gambling space which promotes 2 products. You can see the follow along for the blog at the link below:

http://www.affiliatefix.com/f61/$100-day-gambling-niche-6027/

For this Follow Along I'm going to be following the advice given in the dojo thread below and see how it goes.

http://www.affiliatefix.com/f37/how...-niche-search-engine-optimization-sites-3212/

Twitter - Update 1

So I have a twitter account for the blog created with 7 tweets and a couple of followers. As of today our stats are as follows:

Tweets - 7
Following - 114
Followers - 26

The aim will be to post at least one or 2 new tweets a day as well as following Stage 1 of the guide which is to follow 50 - 100 new people every day and hope they follow back.

Google + - Update 1

We have done the same as the twitter account and have a great Google + profile setup with some posts.

Our stats atm are:

Followers - 0
Following - 1

The aim for this account is again to follow a 100 or so people a day and hopefully they will check us out

I'll give another update in a few days on the progress of both the accounts

Tom

Looking forward to this one Tom, please keep us updated daily - Only thing I will say is has Jay "ok'd" it to add 100 a day yes?

Also are you using any software for this?

Good luck :ninja:

Looking forward to this one Tom, please keep us updated daily - Only thing I will say is has Jay "ok'd" it to add 100 a day yes?

Also are you using any software for this?

Good luck :ninja:

Thread says just under 100/day will go with 75/day from now on.

Twitter Update 2

Having been busy all day I have started to use Twuffer.com which is a free scheduler for tweets. This means I can randomize tweets a bit more and spread them out throughout the day

Tweets - 8
Following - 257
Followers - 40

Google + Update 2

With Google + I have a page and the flaw with that is that you can only follow other pages and not individuals which limits what you can do. Not sure if this is going to be very successful but will carry on.

Stats:

Followers - 3
Following - 93

Will update again tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick update for today (not followed people yet)

Twitter Update 3

Tweets - 9
Following - 256
Followers - 51

So i have given up on google + for now it's just not giving me the flexibility I need to quickly grow the profile. The twitter account is still going full steam and I should have 100 followers by Monday as long as everything grows as it is now.

Stats for the account are:

Tweets - 11
Following - 413
Followers - 59

Currently the page is running at 14.2% for the amount of people we are following that follow back.

Update for today. Growing nicely

Tweets - 13
Following - 489
Followers - 70

Hey man, saw you posting about this site on FB the other day - hows the stats looking?

Hey man, saw you posting about this site on FB the other day - hows the stats looking?

Wasn't that hard to work out :) . Been a hectic few weeks with a brand new site launch upcoming in the incentive space with a brand new script.

I stopped adding followers a couple of weeks back to see how many people you need to follow for you to get a trickle of new followers.

Currently we have 2 or 3 new followers a day coming into the twitter page and are at 122 followers.

I'll try and keep this more updated. too much time and not enough hours in the day :)

Had no sales from the site yet. A bit of interest from friends/colleges from my own personal facebook posts about it.

As always Tom, I wish you luck. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

I also don't have much use for G+ but Jay says it's awesome for marketing/awareness, so I've been trying to keep an open mind about it. I just find it very difficult to work with.

Have to thank you for mentioning Twuffer! I didn't know that one existed and I plan to make good use of it, great tool.

I'll be back to read your updates.

Any update on this? You should start to automate tasks related to Twitter. I mean you could start to use some bots to follow people from your niche.

banners
Back