The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Build Apps, Monetize Them, Buy Quality Leads, if +ROI....Arbitrage?

jakon

affiliate
So I've been reading about IM since August, having made some money with CPAGrip.com, buying three .com's, and considering the "affiliate marketing campaigns with a tracker/VPS/affiliatefix.com" path.... I've come to the conclusion, why be an affiliate marketer RIGHT NOW when I can have my own apps marketed for me with quality leads that will convert on monetization!? In the future, learn how to market my own apps and others!

So here's the plan...
  1. Learn how to build apps.
  2. Monetize my apps in a way that the user doesn't have to pull out a credit card
  3. Utilize AffiliateFix.com to find the best network/person to promote my apps
  4. Pay for quality downloads that will engage in the various monetization methods of monetizing an app

It's important that my apps are marketed to the right audience, obviously the goal here is to create HIGH QUALITY apps that users will actually enjoy. There is also the idea of creating simple "alarm clock" or utility apps with monetization, and paying for quality leads.

Example: Fart Noise App
  • 20 Free Fart Noises Included, 10 Premium Fart Noises behind monetization methods
  • Monetization methods - "Watch an ad to unlock Premium Fart Noise" - "Complete a survey to unlock multiple Premium Fart Noises" - "Download an app to unlock Premium Fart Noise" - "Unlock Premium Fart Noises with TapJoy" - Potentially put in ads, research further monetization methods, look at what other apps are doing, etc...

Mobicow | Advertisers
Yeahmobi--The leading mobile performance marketing platform

ADVoedK.png

Advertising Case Studies

I've seen many methods on ~"how to create a successful app". For example...
  • Pick a niche
  • Explore the apps
  • Figure out what is missing from this niche of apps(the fart noises and quality of fart apps is just so sub par, we just need a high quality fart app and it'll take over that niche)
  • OR
  • Combine multiple apps into one new app
  • Just copy existing apps, read the 1 star reviews, improve the apps(also improve areas you see need improvement)
  • Just create the same utility app with a new face, market it, aim HIGH for a positive ROI
My understanding thus far is that I must learn to code in Java(CodeAcademy and Youtube) and navigate an IDE(internal developer environment).

index - androiddev
  • Not a bad place to start
The new step by step guide detailing how to get started developing Android apps, with no prior experience necessary. Includes every resource I used, simple explanations and an interesting first app tutorial. Everything you need to get started in Android Development is here. • /r/Android
  • "GuideThe new step by step guide detailing how to get started developing Android apps, with no prior experience necessary. Includes every resource I used, simple explanations and an interesting first app tutorial. Everything you need to get started in Android Development is here."
Android Dev Guide - Xavier Tobin
  • "I've updated my complete guide to Android development which still requires no prior programming experience with more resources, better instructions, updated screenshots and I'm now distributing it free of charge as a shareable and neatly formatted PDF on my website."
Where To Start - Learning Android Development the Right Way My wife recently…
  • "Where To Start - Learning Android Development the Right Way My wife recently asked for help to get started Developing for Android so I felt it would be best to gather up some resources that would get her off and running in the right direction with style and UI consistency in the forefront to ensure that she knows how important it is to follow the UI Standards set down from Google. Here are some excellent resources I found that I hope can help you too"

If you don't want to start coding or want to buy already made apps, everything could be bought on flippa.com, cheap mobile apps go from ~20-40$. Find a good one, might have to change a few things but heh, did not have to code tho.

Interesting, but I guess unless you have VERY deep pocket, promoting your App through affiliate's is close to impossible.

I did the math with an App I'm promoting, basically I get payed 30 cents per install, in GEOs where the CPM is around 30 cents...

Now actually, due to my retention rate of let's say 33%, 1 install actually costs the advertiser 90 cents...

So to break even the App author should be able to get 3000 impressions once the app is installed on the user phone (assuming the author use the same monetization as the apps I'm buying traffic from).

Or he'll be using his App to promote other App Installs, in which case he only needs to trigger 3 App installs to break even... now I say "only" but that's probably not easy either...

So overall it's not sooooo easy if you ask me, and I suspect the App developers have either huge pockets or investors.

Cheers,

Create monetized apps, pay for downloads, users engage in monetization, pay for more DL's!

raincity;8635414 said:
I'm just starting out too. What's best right now, instead of charging for the actual app, either charge for something to make the game more easier or advance through faster or give the app more functionality. Watch an ad for extra coins or extra fart noises is perfect. The procedures for IDE, specifically android studio (I think) is the same as any other programming language, it's just the syntax and different procedures. Web is full of tutorials. There's a guy on Youtube "thenewboston", his tutorials are amazing and free, check him out. Good luck!

jakesnakemon;8638037 said:
Thank you so much for TheNewBoston.com!!!! Looks awesome!

How do you plan to start building apps?

raincity;8638404 said:
I have very basic knowledge of Java. Expand my knowledge a little bit more on Java by doing more complicated projects, then learn the different procedures for the Android Studio. I think TNB has tutorials on both.

dankerman666;8638433 said:
I'm on the same path as you guys with android development, or any app platform for that matter. Games and other types of apps are handled differently depending on the goal. For utility and basics, check this out:Developing Android Apps

View course materials and you dont have to pay, also get a good groundwork in place to understand some basic commands from the big G themselves.

If you can design your first working app and then branch out to understand more complex engineering, you can make some pretty good coin with the proper marketing techniques in place to drive downloads.

I will be following you guys from the shadows to see how yhis plays out. Also a protip, learnt github and gitbash, they will be your coding equivalent of dropbox or google docs. Just takes some time to learn some command lines and you will never lose progress on your work when done right.

Good luck!

MI
Back