The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Brand Bidding

OscarMike

Hi all, I watched a YouTube video by Dave Mac on brand bidding for Clickbank products.

He talks about how hot traffic converts more easily than cold traffic.

However, it's my experience that brand bidding invites fraudulent clicks. Lots of other affiliates click on my link and drain my ad budget. They don't have any intention of buying the product I'm promoting.

What has your experience been like with brand bidding?

Have you dealt with brand bidding fraud?

Thanks

If I use a residential proxy different IP addresses and different locations in the GEO countries allowed, Then forge my browser headers to be various browsers you are not going to be able to stop me from clicking your ads and depleting your spend.

If you use segmentation; zip code or postal code, states or cities (government subdivisions) in your ad 'parameters/segmentation' it will be a lot harder to deplete your daily spend ...

brand bidding invites fraudulent clicks

The guys I collaborate with, and that do this, swear by a few different services to manage click fraud. I've already tested ClickCease for Google and FB paid traffic. I liked it, very efficient. Next I will try Anura. Both have a free trial. There is also Lunio, but they don't have a free trial. I'm going to contact them and see if they can do a 2 week trial.

Last edited:
unless specific trademark use is licensed or allowed by contract --you could get sued for trademark infringement

Agreed! Brand bidding isn't necessary, but it is getting pretty necessary to utilize various click fraud prevention measures including incorporating 3rd party products.

Last edited:
Why should I bid a brand I don't own?
If a brand is trademarked ® the trademark owner must defend the trademark by prohibiting its use or restricting it to licensees.
So, unless specific trademark use is licensed or allowed by contract --you could get sued for trademark infringement (technically).
Explicit written permission is necessary. There is no implied license.
When you advertise a brand that is not trademarked common law applies too but is seldom enforced.

That's the legal part but the practical part needs to be considered:

But if you do advertise a brand you do not own, with the brand owner's permission or consent, what advantage is the brand's use at the time?
  • If the brand is trending by other *buzz* or promotion, you could attract new customers and revenue for yourself and the brand. This is a fair deal for all parties.
  • The brand gets free promotion by the affiliate and the brand gets further name recognition for free by your advertising, or your SEO efforts.
  • In this scenario you both win.
AI summation: Advertising a brand that you do not own can be beneficial to both you and the brand. If you are able to persuade new customers and generate revenue, the brand will enjoy free promotion and name recognition. This is a fair transaction for all parties involved.
AI clarifies my word soup :)

Disclaimer: Not intended as legal advice.

MI
Back