The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Boosting traffic to a forum site

Roxabox

affiliate
Hello,

I used to run a forum site and the reason it's a "used to" and not "currently" is because traffic was just way too slow so I closed it down. It was a forum site with no particular topic (similar to Reddit) so it had categories and topics for just about everything from cooking to video game discussions. What are the best methods to boost traffic and SEO to a forum site?

This may seem a little "out there" or unorthodox, but I would suggest Postloop.com. For a small fee you are offered NEARLY infinite traffic. I HAVE used that site and it works quite well. They give people 0.05 cents to post on sites. The catch, they can post on a wide variety of sites so it isn't like the people don't know what they are talking about. If they come to your site, it is because they are interested and that is a great thing. You can actually, yourself, earn money from them too. You do this by rating your posters. It is a good idea to look into. Good luck! :)

-DeathXGun

I also have one more question, did you ever take down your site for maintenance, finish your sites creation, and then take it back down? If you didn't then you made a huge mistake. The second your site is created, if it doesn't remain in maintenance then GOOGLE and other sites like BING immediately start reviewing the content on it, and its helpfulness. The catch is, if there isn't anything there then it gets flagged and ALMOST dropped to the bottom of googles search engine. Therefore, when people searched for something related to your site, they got tons of things, maybe hundreds or thousands of other sites before seeing yours. At that point, they probably didn't see it!

-DeathXGun

It's easier I believe to promote a site which targets a specific group of people. Marketing a forum like yours @OP won't be easy [because it doesn't focus on any one particular topic] so it would be better if you are trying to drive traffic to the forum, promote the sub-categories of the forum in niche forums, and social media. That way you can grow traffic in stages.

I think it's better of you have a more targeted audience. For instance, you said your forum is more of a general one. Why not make it more specific? If you like cars, focus on that. Celebrities are never going to go out of forums, you can also try that. There are limitless options for topics in forums, it's better to choose a more specific topic because then you can market your forum to certain people. Good luck!

It's easier I believe to promote a site which targets a specific group of people. Marketing a forum like yours @OP won't be easy [because it doesn't focus on any one particular topic] so it would be better if you are trying to drive traffic to the forum, promote the sub-categories of the forum in niche forums, and social media. That way you can grow traffic in stages.
I have gotten this suggestion a lot so if/when I start up another forum community I think I'm going to come up with a specific topic. Thanks for the help!

This may seem a little "out there" or unorthodox, but I would suggest Postloop.com. For a small fee you are offered NEARLY infinite traffic. I HAVE used that site and it works quite well. They give people 0.05 cents to post on sites. The catch, they can post on a wide variety of sites so it isn't like the people don't know what they are talking about. If they come to your site, it is because they are interested and that is a great thing. You can actually, yourself, earn money from them too. You do this by rating your posters. It is a good idea to look into. Good luck! :)

-DeathXGun
Does it have to be a forum built on postloop or can I use my own host such as proboards.com and GoDaddy?

In order to come up with good result you should hire some experience people who are doing forum marketing or forum content writing in the freelancer marketplace. Actually there are no substitute for paid writers.

In order to come up with good result you should hire some experience people who are doing forum marketing or forum content writing in the freelancer marketplace. Actually there are no substitute for paid writers.
Would they be paid to post regularly in my forum or to advertise for my forum?

Forum marketers can advertise your forum, while forum content writers can provide posts for your forum for you. I also suggest being active in your forum as well. Create as many threads as you can and make it alive. Have moderators to aid you in removing spam and blocking people who post irrelevant content. These are surefire ways to boost traffic in your forum. Good luck!

Instead of letting users speak on anything they want, I think you should have a niche. You can boost traffic and increase membership base by promoting your forum via postloop or the forumwheel.

Pretty much every company has a website these days, but not all of them attract clicks. There are some ways to boost your website traffic and make clicks bring more money. Clicks add to your profit. The more visitors you get, the more you can interacts with your customers, the more price you can set for advertising on your website, and the more you will get traffic.

But unless you run an Internet-based company, chances are your website isn’t top of mind. A word of advice: make time to revamp your website - or pay someone else to do it for you. More page views will pay off, and you will have new customers in no time. Some other methods like making constant updates. Just post the content regularly, and your numbers will rise dramatically in no time. If you can't come up with what to post, or if you've just started a forum or a community and want to get noticed, you can use a specialized service to boost the forum traffic.

MI
Back