The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Blog post - Do they really help site ranking?

temi

affiliate
The conventional wisdom is that blog post help build backlink hence help a site SEO ranking, the question is, has anyone actually tested this empirically and find this to be true?

Not tested it myself but have read it in alot of places. Are you talkinga bout a separate blog or a blog linked to your main site?

I am talking about a post in a blog about your site with links to different parts of your site. Not a blogroll link.

I believe they do. Like a review post?

I guess it all depends on where it is posted. If the content is good and the blog is decent I think it can only help your position.

yeah i think review posts on decent websites (not websites made for reviews) again with anything though it will only be while your site review is on the first couple of pages that it will help with traffic and seo, i think i dies off after a while, however the time it is spent on the front page, people may like the site and link to it them selves which is a bonus and natural. And at the end of the day even when it reaches the archieves of the blog its still a in text backlink which is never a bad thing imo.

That is what I believe as well, but I just wondered if there is anyone out there who has had significant SEO benefit just from blog posts.

I am a bit skeptical about them, especially blog post in blogs that post from gambling to arts and craft. I think perhaps in a niche blog, a blog post could have some benefits, but a negligible one.

I believe they do. Like a review post?

I guess it all depends on where it is posted. If the content is good and the blog is decent I think it can only help your position.

Well, let's take by example: you have an online store that sells furniture, and a blog in which you write about furniture.

Wouldn't this have an impact in SEO ranking?

I think you mean, if a site selling furniture is reviewed in a blog about furnitures, will it have SEO benefits, I think yes is the answer because the blog is a niche blog about furnitures.

Well, let's take by example: you have an online store that sells furniture, and a blog in which you write about furniture.

Wouldn't this have an impact in SEO ranking?

One thing I do occasionally notice is that if I link to a new site on my blog, the site will get indexed a lot faster than if it was linked to from a normal site.

You blog must be highly ranked by Google, they have a dedicated crawler for blogs this days since blogs tends to be updated more frequently than websites.

banners
Back