The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything Black Hat SEO Q&A

Thanks for all these answers, much appreciated! No worries mate, I'm not a native either.

When you talk about domain age, are you referring to the average domain age of the PBNs (the older the better) or the money site? I found it to be a bit hit and miss with aged money sites, some rank really well but others seem to be stuck for some reason no matter what I do. Is there a way to find out before if google "likes" an aged domain or not?

Cheers

I am referring to the money site age but PBNs age are also important. I just buy PBNs with more than 3 years.
You should check the history and the backlinks of your domain in order to determine if the site is clean or not in Google eyes. There is not a real way to find if Google likes your aged domain. What I suggest is building 3 parallel projects and see which one ranks better. Then you can redirect the other two to the main one.

Hello Ironbull,

I am very glad to see your thread and your so much hard work on this thread. I am new here and want to start my journey with people like you.. About traffic I know some people who is doing blackhat regularly and earning more than 3000 USD minimum per month. But they don't told me the actual process but I know they are getting so many < at least 20000 real, active and targeted visitor > per day.. and as far as I know they are using some kind of java script to get visitors from other competitive website and Google as well.. Can u tell me anything about this... Feel free to contact with me on pm or skype as ntariqul007

Thanks a Lot....
ntariqul

Thanks @alex.b
About the PBN deindexation..I don't really think that Google will create an algorithm to detect PBNs. If done well they are impossible to detect.
A lot of people are offering their PBN in public forums and they don't realize that Google fellows are in these forums also.

Hey @ironbull , I would have to disagree with you on Google not targeting PBN's through an algorithm. Yes, Google people are in our forums to stay in touch with the underbelly of marketers, but they don't (as individuals) keep tabs on individual PBN's. Google does use a very specific set of algo's to do the job. There is plenty of evidence demonstrating that the big G went on the war path with PBN's being used inappropriately in May of 2012 and September of 2014. Google did not specify they were targeting PBN's in general, but when asked, Matt Cutts made a point of saying that sites using the PBN models with thin content and artificially manipulating rankings with excessive and inappropriate (or irrelevant) backlinks were definitely being target using more than one algorithmic formula.

Like you, I don't think PBN's are dead, in fact they are a very viable and successful model. However, it always comes down to inappropriate use of a model, PBN or otherwise, that can cause the SE's to take a position to defend their intended purpose through de-indexing and other penalties.

Three of Googles requirements to stay out of their Algorithmic Penalties
1. A good user experience.
2. Relevance
3. No artificial manipulation (as defined by Google, or Bing)

Obviously there is more, but these three are at the top of the list when designing your PBN. SEO alone can't make your business. Even if it does at the moment, it won't in the future. SEO is a single aspect of producing great online marketing, however, you must also be an exceptional online marketer to make it over the long haul.

I have refrained from BH practices for many years now, but I do walk my efforts right up to and including the grey areas. I found it less expensive long term to refrain from making corrections and dealing with penalties. Instead, great content (especially applied generously and archived on site) and extensive relevance maintains a excellent and lasting footing in my niches. I can use BH to get a site ranked quickly, but it will fall off or eventually be penalized. On the other hand, I can spend a much longer period getting a site ranked using great content over time and highly relevant and researched back-linking and be on page one for an extended period.

Last edited:
Hello Ironbull,

I am very glad to see your thread and your so much hard work on this thread. I am new here and want to start my journey with people like you.. About traffic I know some people who is doing blackhat regularly and earning more than 3000 USD minimum per month. But they don't told me the actual process but I know they are getting so many < at least 20000 real, active and targeted visitor > per day.. and as far as I know they are using some kind of java script to get visitors from other competitive website and Google as well.. Can u tell me anything about this... Feel free to contact with me on pm or skype as ntariqul007

Thanks a Lot....
ntariqul

Are you talking about hacking websites and redirect the user using a Javascript code?

Hey @ironbull , I would have to disagree with you on Google not targeting PBN's through an algorithm. Yes, Google people are in our forums to stay in touch with the underbelly of marketers, but they don't (as individuals) keep tabs on individual PBN's. Google does use a very specific set of algo's to do the job. There is plenty of evidence demonstrating that the big G went on the war path with PBN's being used inappropriately in May of 2012 and September of 2014. Google did not specify they were targeting PBN's in general, but when asked, Matt Cutts made a point of saying that sites using the PBN models with thin content and artificially manipulating rankings with excessive and inappropriate (or irrelevant) backlinks were definitely being target using more than one algorithmic formula.

Like you, I don't think PBN's are dead, in fact they are a very viable and successful model. However, it always comes down to inappropriate use of a model, PBN or otherwise, that can cause the SE's to take a position to defend their intended purpose through de-indexing and other penalties.

Three of Googles requirements to stay out of their Algorithmic Penalties
1. A good user experience.
2. Relevance
3. No artificial manipulation (as defined by Google, or Bing)

Obviously there is more, but these three are at the top of the list when designing your PBN. SEO alone can't make your business. Even if it does at the moment, it won't in the future. SEO is a single aspect of producing great online marketing, however, you must also be an exceptional online marketer to make it over the long haul.

I have refrained from BH practices for many years now, but I do walk my efforts right up to and including the grey areas. I found it less expensive long term to refrain from making corrections and dealing with penalties. Instead, great content (especially applied generously and archived on site) and extensive relevance maintains a excellent and lasting footing in my niches. I can use BH to get a site ranked quickly, but it will fall off or eventually be penalized. On the other hand, I can spend a much longer period getting a site ranked using great content over time and highly relevant and researched back-linking and be on page one for an extended period.

Yep, I agree completely with you. It all depends on the risk you would like to take. It is the same as using Direct Linking vs Landing Page on Facebook Ads. Where is your line?

Yep, I agree completely with you. It all depends on the risk you would like to take. It is the same as using Direct Linking vs Landing Page on Facebook Ads. Where is your line?

So far I have not been banned, but I have been warned a few times by both Google and Facebook. However, it's been a couple of years now. Where I draw the line has to be felt out. There is always ambiguity in some areas of a sites TOS. That's where the risk is. That's where I push as far as I can, to see where they draw the line. I always push the site admins into drawing the line. It's a moving target, as we all know.

yeh my question is. where do you get schooled in all this stuff? I've a basic grasp of affiliate programs and niches etc but the rest of it is just jargon to me, what is vsa, cjd, hep c and all the rest? (joke, but i really dont know what all these abbreviations mean, how to use all this stuff etc etc and I dont know where to find out either...

yeh my question is. where do you get schooled in all this stuff? I've a basic grasp of affiliate programs and niches etc but the rest of it is just jargon to me, what is vsa, cjd, hep c and all the rest? (joke, but i really dont know what all these abbreviations mean, how to use all this stuff etc etc and I dont know where to find out either...

I teach myself in forums and blogs basically. However, the best teaching is doing the stuff yourself and not letting others tell you how they think something works. The best free forum for SEO is BlackHatWorld and the best paid forum is BlackHat.Community.

I am referring to the money site age but PBNs age are also important. I just buy PBNs with more than 3 years.
You should check the history and the backlinks of your domain in order to determine if the site is clean or not in Google eyes. There is not a real way to find if Google likes your aged domain. What I suggest is building 3 parallel projects and see which one ranks better. Then you can redirect the other two to the main one.
do you have a specific guide on how do you rank vids nowdays?

It depends, but I use GSA for almost everything. FCS Networker is another beast.

What are your thought on SEO PowerSuite from Link-assistant?

I've found the Enterprise Edition to be a great asset. I created a thread a month or so ago regarding SEO PS & other SEO Tools and had no response. I don't think there are many here using these tools. Most of my work at present is with Content Sites and so these tools lend themselves to my work.

What are your thought on SEO PowerSuite from Link-assistant?

I've found the Enterprise Edition to be a great asset. I created a thread a month or so ago regarding SEO PS & other SEO Tools and had no response. I don't think there are many here using these tools. Most of my work at present is with Content Sites and so these tools lend themselves to my work.

I have used the tool once but I have never used it again. You can find this tools cracked very easy if you want to try them first. What would be the main reason for you to use Link-assistant? I didn't find it useful back in the day.

I have used the tool once but I have never used it again. You can find this tools cracked very easy if you want to try them first.

I have the latest version of the Enterprise Edition. As you say, the cracked version is easy to get.

What would be the main reason for you to use Link-assistant? I didn't find it useful back in the day.

I've used the full suite for a couple of years. There is an abundance of data provided, and great analytic reports. I manually build back-links through the program after running deep analysis. The suite also provides webmaster relationship management through email communications and such. I never do any BH link building, that's a death knell these days. Well placed back-links built over time provides very solid ranking value with the SERPS and without the danger of damage from SERPS that look at the relevance of the back-links as well as the frequency they are added.

I have a group of content sites and continuity sites that are completely white/grey hat. Most of them are aged and well anchored in their respective niches. I can't risk using automated back-linking tools that just punch out in the web and grab any links they can.

Rank Tracker - Automatic rank tracking & keyword research
SEO SpyGlass - In-depth back-link research & anti-penalty link audit
WebSite Auditor - Full website audit & content optimization
LinkAssistant - Effective link outreach & link management

banners
Back