The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything Bing PPC Help Center

that's very cool, thank you! How do I lower my CPC? Around $1,50 right now, promoting BL
If you want to lower CPC, then you have to emphasize on quality score. There are several ways you can improve your QC. Follow your compositors. Find out the architect of the landing page. Find out why their ads are showing in the first position. Then you can easily lower your CPC.

What I dont understand is - how is bing calculating how much a click will really cost you.

Lets say you set bid for a keyword to $1 - as I understand it, this is MAXIMAL amount you are ready to pay for a click. What variables are considered to calculate real cost per click for this KW? I suppose it is your quality score...and somehow quality score and maximum bid of your competitors?

thanks!

What's confusing me on this issue is the new rule that I read about, saying that both links have to be on the same domain.

The display page is the original domain for the destination page. The destination page is the landing page. So for example: if my landing page was something like "mydomain.com/afs/fdsf/afdf/qwer/" then the display would be simply "mydomain.com".

What I dont understand is - how is bing calculating how much a click will really cost you.

Lets say you set bid for a keyword to $1 - as I understand it, this is MAXIMAL amount you are ready to pay for a click. What variables are considered to calculate real cost per click for this KW? I suppose it is your quality score...and somehow quality score and maximum bid of your competitors?

thanks!

The cost per click are bids. There is a different amount of competition for each keyword. The more competition, the higher the bid will be. The higher the bid you give for each keyword, the more probable you will appear on the first page and higher up in contrast to your competition for that keyword. Let me know if that makes sense.

If you want to lower CPC, then you have to emphasize on quality score. There are several ways you can improve your QC. Follow your compositors. Find out the architect of the landing page. Find out why their ads are showing in the first position. Then you can easily lower your CPC.
thank you, i was able to lowered it down to 0,10 .. what do you think should be a good price per click?

thank you, i was able to lowered it down to 0,10 .. what do you think should be a good price per click?
Wow you managed to lower your AVG CPC from $1.5 to $0.1? Where are your ads placed, what is your average position?

Somebody told me that for bing, only positions 1 - 4 are profitable and are generating leads, rest are usually just random clicks that doesnt convert - is that true Dead Pool or somebody else with experience?

thx

Wow you managed to lower your AVG CPC from $1.5 to $0.1? Where are your ads placed, what is your average position?

Somebody told me that for bing, only positions 1 - 4 are profitable and are generating leads, rest are usually just random clicks that doesnt convert - is that true Dead Pool or somebody else with experience?

thx
it actually varies from 0,90 to 0,10 avg is 0,33 and avg position is 1,09. I added some long tail keywords and lowered the max bid, but still have to figure out why that happened cause i didn't do much else..it's a long way to the top lol :)

No, the quality of the traffic in low CPC isn't good. My previous experience suggest those don't convert. The minimum CPC will be 0.25 is good and the traffic quality will be awesome if you maintain the quality score.

No, the quality of the traffic in low CPC isn't good. My previous experience suggest those don't convert. The minimum CPC will be 0.25 is good and the traffic quality will be awesome if you maintain the quality score.
I dont understand what you are saying here. How can you say 0.25 is good CPC in general? If you will try loan offers for example, you will get exactly ZERO clicks and ZERO impressions if you set your bid to 0.25.

I think you was talking about position of your ads...only if your ads are on position 1 - 4, they do convert (or convert much better). The CPC that you should set to get you ads to these positions is completely different for different niches.

I dont understand what you are saying here. How can you say 0.25 is good CPC in general? If you will try loan offers for example, you will get exactly ZERO clicks and ZERO impressions if you set your bid to 0.25.

I think you was talking about position of your ads...only if your ads are on position 1 - 4, they do convert (or convert much better). The CPC that you should set to get you ads to these positions is completely different for different niches.
Yes, of course, it's all about optimization as well as CPC rates are depending on the different niche. What I am talking about is people generally love to get low CPC traffic say below 10 cents, but they don't understand the quality of the traffic isn't good in this situation. That is why I was saying 0.25 is good for them. Again there are differ CPC rates based on niche.

Yes, of course, it's all about optimization as well as CPC rates are depending on the different niche. What I am talking about is people generally love to get low CPC traffic say below 10 cents, but they don't understand the quality of the traffic isn't good in this situation. That is why I was saying 0.25 is good for them. Again there are differ CPC rates based on niche.
Ok so in your niche, what is your average position of your ads with $0.25 CPC? I am trying two niches right now, one has AVG position 6.5 and AVG CPC $1.5, antoher one has AVG position 6.7 and AVG CPC $0.4. I would get nowhere with $0.25 in both niches....

Ok so in your niche, what is your average position of your ads with $0.25 CPC? I am trying two niches right now, one has AVG position 6.5 and AVG CPC $1.5, antoher one has AVG position 6.7 and AVG CPC $0.4. I would get nowhere with $0.25 in both niches....
Generally my ad position are between 7-9 and and when I see the keywords aren't getting high quality score I just remove it and add some other keywords.

Generally my ad position are between 7-9 and and when I see the keywords aren't getting high quality score I just remove it and add some other keywords.
Hmm positions between 7 - 9 is it giving you enought traffic? Thats my main problem now...I am not getting enough traffic from bing. How many searches does your KWs have together, do you now?

Hey, thanks for your thread, i got several questions after reading your posts.
1.How much should be expected to reduce cpc, when QS increased from 6 to 9 for example. big difference?
2. I assumed that you are not using direct links, which kind of landing page do you use, and how do you link to your aff link.. I  noticed that that you capture email and redirect to aff links? any sample or how?
3. Any suggestion for getting Leads on bing? or which verticle are best for bing to get start?
Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering on how to set up the destination url tagging. I have seen people use {Keyword}{AdID} and some others. Can you help clarify how these work and which tags are useful?

Regards,
Dave

Hmm positions between 7 - 9 is it giving you enought traffic? Thats my main problem now...I am not getting enough traffic from bing. How many searches does your KWs have together, do you now?
This is depending on the keyword types. If the keyword has buying value then the monthly search volume 30 is enough to make sales. Right now I have targeted which keyword has at least 200 monthly search volume but in the case of buying keyword, this makes different.

MI
Back