Results for 11-14-15

Yesterday wasn't such a great day.

Bing Stats:

Bing.png

Conversions: 0
Ad Spend: -$8.82
Profit/Loss: -$8.82

Hey @tom804

I see that your budget was $100 to begin with. Do you think that's enough to see a good return?

Also what's the minimum threshold at the above all offers network? And why are you sure that you'll get paid if they aren't known in the aff community?

Last edited:
Hey @tom804

I see that your budget was $100 to begin with. Do you think that's enough to see a good return? Also would you recommend going with Above All Offers network or Peerfly? I've never heard of the first one and I sure as hell would mind if the network goes bankrupt or is fraudelent

Sign up with them both. No they've been around for a long time and I don't seem them closing doors ever. They were actually highly recommended on AFFPlaybook. I also have an account on a few other networks but the AM's on those networks didn't really give me the time of day like my AM on Above All Offers.

I've been getting a few questions asking what tools I used for lander's and keyword research. So I'd like to take a bit of time of time and answer those questions here.

Hosting: I'm currently using a VPS on the starter package at Beyond Hosting
Tracking: Prosper202
(self hosted)

The cool part about using Beyond hosting is they have excellent support and an amazing turn around time. All you have to do is ask them to setup Prosper for you and they do it. They didn't charge extra or anything (It's what they do as part of the service).

Landing Pages: For building my landing pages i'm using Optimizepress. I suck at building websites and I really don't have time to sit and practice building web pages all day. Optimizepress is WordPress theme that allows you to build landing pages, lead capture pages, etc. I'm not going to go into much detail about it here but you anyone struggling with landing pages should look into as a possible solution. (Even though I don't hand code my landing pages. I did take time to read up and understand what tags and all that stuff meant. I went out and purchased this book. I very much highly recommended it.)

@tom804 Thanks for the reply :) I will apply with your link then. Do you know the minimum threshold at abovealloffers?

Above All Offers minimum is $100.

Looks like I overlooked answering your question about budget and seeing a return. Let me do that now.

When it comes to budget look at it as paying for data (That's how I do it). However you want to consider other factors as well. Such as how expensive the traffic source may be to compete, hosting, etc.

There's one thing I've noticed about affiliate marking and its impossible to lay down a clear path for others to follow within this business. Somethings are pretty much cut and paste methods; however things like budgets, bidding, etc. Are variables based on other factors and are impossible to exactly tell someone how to duplicate or repeat in there own process.

Here's one more tool that I use and its a big one.

Keyword Research

Of course I use Bing and Googles keyword tools. Duh, they're free why wouldn't I. Plus its getting info directly from the traffic source.

Outside of those two the only other tool I use is AffPortal. You will not will find a cheaper keyword research tool on the market. I only found out about this tool because my AM told me about it. Again I'm big on customer service and support. I signed up to the 30 day trial right. So one holiday weekend I had a question. Of course i'm expecting for them to be out of office and I wouldn't probably hear back from them until Tuesday or sometime later in the week. They responded within a few minutes. On a Saturday! Fully helped me out. BAM! I was sold. End up becoming a lifetime member.

Last edited:
That reminds me. I'm using Bing because Its cheaper (although less traffic) and they are less hurdles to getting your campaign approved.

One this I will say about Bing is if you abide by there terms and polices you're golden and shouldn't have a problem with running there. Also don't BS them be straight up with them. If you ever need to contact support via a phone call and they ask you about your type of business, just say that you're a small time advertiser with several clients and you want to use them as a way to reach potential customers. Which is exactly what your doing.

Interesting journal. As long as you are getting conversions, you are on the right track. Once you have gathered enough data, optimize the campaign, then start testing and tweaking the campaign more and you can see ROI going much higher. bing has quality traffic and they do convert. Best of luck and subscribed to your success. :)

Great start @tom804 ! I bet you can increase your CTR's or impressions and drive your ROI much higher by testing more ads. Looks like your lander plus offer are doing an amazing job of converting. All you may need is to get more people in the door..

Great start @tom804 ! I bet you can increase your CTR's or impressions and drive your ROI much higher by testing more ads. Looks like your lander plus offer are doing an amazing job of converting. All you may need is to get more people in the door..

That's what I can't figure out. How to get more traffic without increasing my bad or adding irrelevant keywords. Any ideas anyone?

You might consider doing a competitive kw search, then adding those to your campaigns, running dynamic kw ads, and running more ads. After I took care of these add steps, my own campaigns went from 5-10 clicks and low impressions, to over 100 clicks and over 10,000 impressions. The same will probably happen to you and you will be golden.

You might consider doing a competitive kw search, then adding those to your campaigns, running dynamic kw ads, and running more ads. After I took care of these add steps, my own campaigns went from 5-10 clicks and low impressions, to over 100 clicks and over 10,000 impressions. The same will probably happen to you and you will be golden.

Great idea. I'm going to PM you with a question if that's okay.

Results for 11-15-15

Bing Stats

Screenshot_1.png

Ad Spend: -$2.94
Profit/Loss: -$2.94

Starting to split test landing pages now. Need to work on my keywords to see if I can drive down cost and increase traffic.

Results for 11-16-15

Bing Stats

111615.png

Ad Spend: -$20.86
Profit/Loss: -$20.86

I bet your all wondering why did I continue to let it run. Well early in the morning I discovered that there was some type of tracking problem. Completely out of the blue nothing was changed since I first set it up but things weren't working somewhere behind the scenes. I kept it running to try and fix the tracking issue (which wasn't on my end) and just to collect data.

Results for 11-17-18

111715.png

Ad Spend: -$2.63
Profit/Loss: -$2.63

Not too good although I've got a lil bit of data to work with. I guess from this point forward i'll analyze that data and see what I can make happen moving forward.

banners
Back